Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Seeing a lot of hate for Soumare, but if we're bringing ndidi back in it should be for KDH. Can't be easy playing in a struggling team, but he's increasingly limited when we are crying out for more dynamism. 

The left side of barnes, kdh and thomas was meek going forward and porous defending. Not unfair to ask the question why those three are pretty much the only players who can play there, Rodgers has little choice in the rest of the squad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Feel exactly the same. So sad really as I never thought the day would come that I didn't enjoy it anymore and would consider giving up my season ticket that I've had since the Filbert Street days.

The level of today's performance was totally unacceptable compared to where we should be at.

It’s not just the footy (that’s a big part), but on top of winning everything I ever wanted us to, I also have other stuff I need and would rather be doing now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lewis's Junior said:

Seeing a lot of hate for Soumare, but if we're bringing ndidi back in it should be for KDH. Can't be easy playing in a struggling team, but he's increasingly limited when we are crying out for more dynamism. 

The left side of barnes, kdh and thomas was meek going forward and porous defending. Not unfair to ask the question why those three are pretty much the only players who can play there, Rodgers has little choice in the rest of the squad. 

Bang on the money here. 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s told us we are certainly in that bottom half group now more than anything. Going to spend the season looking more down rather than up giving we haven’t beaten a team currently sitting in the top ten after nearly half of it done.

Yup, no debate there, but we need to accept it and face this challenge.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There just isn’t any fight anymore. We give up and that’s it. Even with a midfield of Jarrett, Bell and Harper who were shit we still had some pride

Those three never played together? But even if you take the respective midfields that each of the three were in, we absolutely did not have pride. Today was shit and I dislike most of our players these days but it wasn't Levein / Kelly / Holloway shit, not even remotely close. Insane revisionism and a weird lob on for the bad old days from you there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was interested to see what Newcastle were like. I thought they were good, but if I’m honest not as good as I thought they would be.

They didn’t scream quality. More that they were workmanlike and quite organised, and very fit. Their second goal was a quality move, but other than that I didn’t feel like we’d come up against a top side.

As for us…we were appalling defensively again. Gave them the game really. We desperately need a centre half more reliable than Evans 

Does anyone think that the lads might have read the game and will get revenge in the carabao cup. If anyone asked me before today which one id sacrifice it would be today without a doubt. Carabao cup is pivotal in terms of winning, where let’s face it, 3 points in a mid season game aint a drastic loss. Keep the faith.. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s not just the footy (that’s a big part), but on top of winning everything I ever wanted us to, I also have other stuff I need and would rather be doing now!

Yes totally understand. I have similar reasons and emotions. It has now come to me after nearly 51 years of passionately following my home town club home and away, mainly through bad times it is just not the same anymore.

I've definitely fallen out of love with the modern game and I certainly can't put up with the absolute tosh that Brendan spouts to the media week after week. It's unbearable.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I actually thought Soumare was decent today and was also playing the hardest position.

Receiving the ball, swivelling, knowing where players are behind you and playing a progressive pass all whilst you’ve got Newcastle players closing every inch of space in seconds is a skill I don’t think fans really understand.

He’s not a holding midfielder and yet he’s being asked to do that job. I think it was an experiment whilst wilf was injured that worked and so we kept it as it was. But a decent tactician like Howe has exposed it and I expect we will revert to wilf now. Whether bouba is dumped (not particularly fair) or asked to do more of a box to box job - we shall see. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I was interested to see what Newcastle were like. I thought they were good, but if I’m honest not as good as I thought they would be.

They didn’t scream quality. More that they were workmanlike and quite organised, and very fit. Their second goal was a quality move, but other than that I didn’t feel like we’d come up against a top side.

As for us…we were appalling defensively again. Gave them the game really. We desperately need a centre half more reliable than Evans 

Agreed...we made them look good by being shit in midfield and letting amartey get involved early doors..I have a theory his bombscares always happen early in halves before he's warmed to the speed of the game 

52 minutes ago, Lewis's Junior said:

I agree that KDH has been well off last season's level this year - his one-footedness is also scarily bad.

Thing with Soumare is, he has two other players vying for his position who are better than him. Wilf has been off it this year too, but I saw enough energy and composure today to put him back on the team sheet. Mendy should be sharp after a decent World Cup and is the most assured on the ball of all three. Bouba should be third choice, and today shows why.

i dunno who you bring in for KDH as a box-to-box midfielder without dipping into the academy. It should probably be a January priority right now, because today showed we're horribly light in that area.

Edited by OntarioFox

49 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I actually thought Soumare was decent today and was also playing the hardest position.

Receiving the ball, swivelling, knowing where players are behind you and playing a progressive pass all whilst you’ve got Newcastle players closing every inch of space in seconds is a skill I don’t think fans really understand.

But allowing a player to have the run and jump on you without a flinch to score a goal is criminal. 

He’s shit, he wasn’t okay today at all, he genuinely looks lost in that midfield. He needs binning off on loan so we can try and find someone else to come in. 

Didn't watch it, went non-league instead, looks like a complete surrender and capitulation, seen two of the goals (2nd and 3rd) on twitter and it looks shambolic defending, reminiscent of the first part of the season.

5 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Getting sick and tired of keep checking relegation zone all the time.

We shouldn't be in this position.

We shouldn't be worry about this at all.

While I completely understand, I'm sorry, but this sounds like entitled rubbish. No club has a right to be up the top end of the table, or to never be in danger of relegation. There's always going to be at least half a dozen clubs, and usually more, in some danger of going down, and there's no earthly reason why we shouldn't be one of them sometimes. We've already been in the top flight for longer than we usually stay up, so it's hardly unexpected, historically, that we'd be nearer the bottom than the top at some point.

None of which makes dismal performances any easier to watch, of course.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

went non-league instead

This is probably always a good choice, to be honest. Proper football still exists, you just have to drop down a few levels to find it. The further you get from the circus of Billionaire Plaything Rovers v Sportswash Athletic, and from the tedious media drivel that surrounds it, the better it gets.

• Like 1