Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

While I completely understand, I'm sorry, but this sounds like entitled rubbish. No club has a right to be up the top end of the table, or to never be in danger of relegation. There's always going to be at least half a dozen clubs, and usually more, in some danger of going down, and there's no earthly reason why we shouldn't be one of them sometimes. We've already been in the top flight for longer than we usually stay up, so it's hardly unexpected, historically, that we'd be nearer the bottom than the top at some point.

None of which makes dismal performances any easier to watch, of course.

Nail on the head for me. It is difficult to watch sloppy football, no passion or desire today but this is an opposition that has splashed out millions in the last year and redeveloped their squad. They looked quite good today in parts. Not sure whether it’s because of the title win that some fans think it should be champions league spots year on year but look at the positives.. before the World Cup break playing wolves, Everton and West Ham some people were saying 4 points and it’ll be good. 9 points..

yes a slip up today and another tough one Friday, but look at January with Fulham and Brighton at home and forest away. Could easily be 6 points. A mid table finish and a squad freshen up next year ain’t the end of the world.  

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What I found most concerning today is our lack of physicality. We have zero big bastards in our squad. 

More worrying is the complete lack of leadership on the field. There was nobody dishing out any encouragement or the odd rollicking - everyone just got on with the game as if it was a training session.

Every good manager needs an enforcer of his will on the field. During o'neils era it was Taggart and Elliot. Under Pearson/Ranieri it was Morgan then Schmeicel. Under Rodgers it was arguably Evans as well and lately Tielemans but neither of them have the gravitas. It's easy to forget Tielemans is still a very young man. Evans never has been a vocal player. Faes may be that person eventually - today showed not yet. It's been the difference between finishing top 3 and not imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What I found most concerning today is our lack of physicality. We have zero big bastards in our squad. 

Agree completely, they all seemed 2 or 3 inches taller & built like brick outhouses, it was literally like watching men against boys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The envy of Newcastle fans having a gaffer like Howe. What I’d give to have that feeling of pride in a manager and team that go out with the intent to deliver for the fans.

The Eddie Howe that most on here said wasn't good enough for us?

The same Howe who many said would be sacked within 3 months?

The Eddie Howe who's turned a failing team into nailed on top sixers?

Into a team of battlers?

I'd have loved to see him here but it will never happen now, he's destined for glory and I'm afraid we ain't.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, J. James said:

The Eddie Howe that most on here said wasn't good enough for us?

The same Howe who many said would be sacked within 3 months?

The Eddie Howe who's turned a failing team into nailed on top sixers?

Into a team of battlers?

I'd have loved to see him here but it will never happen now, he's destined for glory and I'm afraid we ain't.

Don’t take what gets writ on here as ANY form of yardstick.

Ngl we're now a mid table team, there is ZERO possibilities of Rodgers taking us forward and truly improving us. Impossible. If he does I'll name my first child brendan regardless if it's a girl or a boy. There's no going forward with this man. Either regression or at best stagnation. Get rid at end of season for the love of God. We will achieve absolutely NOTHING with him. Nothing! 

• Thanks 3

Just as an aside, I'd love to know if anyone, staff or player, went ****ing bananas in the changing room afterwards. It's all well and good KDH saying we were shit but that's pretty ****ing obvious. I'm sure they are all 'disappointed' but I want to know if anyone was angry enough to actually rip into their team mates.

Pretty sure I know the answer and no doubt it'll be all smiles at Seagrave tomorrow when they rock up at 10am a for a bacon butty and a massage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matt said:

****ing bullshit.

That’s on the players. Not one of them to a man looked bothered or could be arsed.

It comes from the top. Newcastle players have commented on the different attitude Howe has brought to the club. Rodgers management now is at best tired. If we get bored of hearing the same old same old every week, imagine what the players go through every day now. He's as dull as  ....! 

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Agree completely, they all seemed 2 or 3 inches taller & built like brick outhouses, it was literally like watching men against boys.

Height plays a part, but so does attitude.  "Little" Vardy won several headers against taller players by the quality timing of his jump but also by his determination and aggression.  

• Like 1

We have a tired squad with players playing on the periphery of their exit, why should they care about a Boxing Day result. 

Perez, Praet, Tielemens, all leaving, Soumare was all but gone till the weird change of heart. We’re also playing players that are debatably good enough to get a result against an in form team like Newcastle. 

I think we have to accept, the squad does need a major overhaul and we may have to undergo some pain whilst we transition into the new squad either shaped by Rodger’s or someone else.

• Like 2

Leicester defender gets the ball. At least one Newcastle player pressed every time.

Newcastle defender gets the ball...nothing.

Difference in application and desire today though tbh there was a single area of the game we bested them in. Thoroughly depressing day.

• Like 2

Just now, SemperEadem said:

We struggled with their press. 

We struggle with any kind of press, the players are so robotically programmed to try and pass regardless of the risk that we regularly put ourselves in danger.

I genuinely can't believe it any time a manager ever encourages their players to back off from us and give us time on the ball.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Tell ya what though did anyone get partly bemused, partly pissed off at their needless time wasting today? 

Howe had a track record for it at Bournemouth hence the famous Mahrez 99th minute equaliser. 

Really ****ed me off. 

2 things stood out for me in the last 10-15 mins

1) was this 

2) Ndidi came on and played like Pirlo for about 10 minutes, spraying balls around for fun

The 1st goal we gave away , just like so many before , trying to pass out to a bloke like soumare , who always loses the ball when he lets it run across his body . Really for a premiership team our 1st touch is not even Sunday football class . Very disappointing, players seemed like they didn’t give a stuff .