Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Daka isn't the answer if we're going to play like this either. He's another who needs support. Vardy had a quite unique role around 2019 time where he was involved in hardly any of the build up but did get the goals when called upon. You've got to be pretty special to play that effectively. Daka isn't that special unfortunately.

I've not totally given up on him but he's never going to be the answer in this set up.

I wasn't blown away by Newcasle, what they did well, was press high and press hard, and if we got through the highest press, we struggled to get through the press behind, which was also a hard press, but we carried on trying to play through it, when we should have been playing over it, or at least mixing it up, so that Newcastle would likely start to drop a bit deeper with their second press, so they could compensate for us when we did look to play over it, but we didn't, we just carried on  playing  ourselves into trouble, trying to play through their press unsuccessfully, it was madness, and that comes from the manager. It reminded me of the boxing day game against Liverpool a few years back, when we lost 4-0 at home. That  night was the same, we just carried on trying to play through, what at the time was the best pressing team in the country, and got spanked for our trouble. Again madness  and again, down to the manger fo not wanting to adapt to the fact we couldnt play through them. The players are not without blame yesterday of course. Their lack of aggression and intensity, really had the hallmarks of the start to our season, which was a little worrying. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Weird atmosphere there today.

Noticed on the walk up Burnmoor. So many I just don’t think want to really be there.

Got there a bit early yesterday. Loads and loads of folk knocking about the ground wirh half and half scarves on. Couldn't believe it. 

The type of supporter has changed massively over the last few years. Not convinced many are even there for the football. 

Dad's buying their lads newcastle/leicester scarves.  Never will understand that. 

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Weird atmosphere there today.

Noticed on the walk up Burnmoor. So many I just don’t think want to really be there.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 90s but prefer us away now when I don’t go. Had enough of the fabricated atmosphere the club have created, so much rubbish over recent years we’ve been forced (or not in my case) to lap up. The only positive was at least we didn’t score a consolation goal as that goal music would have a been a right kick in the teeth.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Tell ya what though did anyone get partly bemused, partly pissed off at their needless time wasting today? 

Howe had a track record for it at Bournemouth hence the famous Mahrez 99th minute equaliser. 

Really ****ed me off. 

I mentioned it earlier but for some reason got responses that questioned me for wanting to see more of the rubbish our players delivered, rather than acknowledge the point I was making.

Newcastle started timewasting from before the 20th minute and in the second half repeatedly took 40, 50, 60 seconds or even more to take almost every set piece. It was scummy behaviour that the ref endorsed by allowing just 3 minutes of added time each half. It racks me off to be paying good money to watch incredibly highly paid players timewasting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 90s but prefer us away now when I don’t go. Had enough of the fabricated atmosphere the club have created, so much rubbish over recent years we’ve been forced (or not in my case) to lap up. The only positive was at least we didn’t score a consolation goal as that goal music would have a been a right kick in the teeth.

We said similar at the time that I bet even a consolation in the 88th minute would have seen that blasted out.

7 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Newcastle started timewasting from before the 20th minute and in the second half repeatedly took 40, 50, 60 seconds or even more to take almost every set piece. It was scummy behaviour that the ref endorsed by allowing just 3 minutes of added time each half. It racks me off to be paying good money to watch incredibly highly paid players timewasting.

There was a lot of talk during the World Cup about too much time being added on but it was what made it most enjoyable for me because all this cramp, having a sit down and keeper antics soon stopped.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Face it, we got beat by a far better TEAM, and out thought by a better manager who basically nullified Barnes and Tielemans and pressed the Rodgers tactic of playing out of defense. Our manager has basically no clue how to change things.

They are definitely not a far better team. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

There was a lot of talk during the World Cup about too much time being added on but it was what made it most enjoyable for me because all this cramp, having a sit down and keeper antics soon stopped.

Have you noticed that for the past few years when a goalkeeper who’s team is winning at the end of the game, time wastes when he catches the ball by falling down and clutching the ball, about 5 seconds after catching it. This is time wasting as it is so obvious the keeper doesn’t need to fall over. Keepers should be booked for doing this as it is stupid.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Face it, we got beat by a far better TEAM, and out thought by a better manager who basically nullified Barnes and Tielemans and pressed the Rodgers tactic of playing out of defense. Our manager has basically no clue how to change things.

Barnes nullified himself. 

• Like 2

Newcastle aren’t that good. They have one or two good players, and the rest are mediocre. But they are well drilled and smothered us, and we looked like we’d been on the piss the day before.

I see all the Brendan out factors are resurfacing - understandably. I think we’ll stay up this year, but we really are in a crucial transition period. Talisman only a bit player now, lots of deadwood to bin off, good players running down contracts, others who currently aren’t performing to required levels… I’m not saying BR is the man for the next transition, but it’s very delicate. If there’s not enough funds, it won’t be a very attractive job, like it was when BR took over. We could easily be on skid row next few years.

Missed the game but analysed the goals.

First was very sloppy play of our own doing.

The corner, the same old issue, keeper not coming for it.  He even moved back.

Sadly form wise we so fragile, and I feared the WC break could screw us, hopefully its sorted out next game and not another relegation form spell.

Edited by Chrysalis

32 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I mentioned it earlier but for some reason got responses that questioned me for wanting to see more of the rubbish our players delivered, rather than acknowledge the point I was making.

howe is known for this - his teams are well drilled to do it. They push the margins but get away with it because they don’t quite go beyond. If the game had been closer then gillett would have added 5 mins at least on.  Many one sided games have low added time amounts. 

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

the large World Cup stoppage time was mainly due to goal celebrations and substitutions. Refs were instructed to add full amounts for these 

17 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Thought the Geordies were much quieter than previous seasons weirdly 

In previous seasons they spent the whole game telling Ashley to fook off 

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Absolutely this. The time wasting from Newcastle yesterday from even in the first half was a joke, and the time added on by the ref, despite constantly telling them to hurry up was an even bigger joke.  That said, i couldnt wait to get away yesterday after that abysmal excuse of a performance, so should be gratefull to him on this occasion i suppose.