Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
27 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

They are definitely not a far better team. 

I think this is part of the problem with Leicester fans at the moment. Deluded thinking.

Newcastle are light years ahead of us as a team of players who know exactly what they are doing from week to week, playing for a very very good and hungry young manager and in front of home gates of 60k fans who actually make a noise.

Leicester are a club in decline.

Are Newcastle a better team? currently yes.

Leicester have been in decline since last season and we are now relegation fodder and could easily still go down this season.

As for the crowd, watching that stuff week in, week out is literally soul destroying and most people have now had enough which is why the booing was so loud yesterday at the end of the first half, I left before the end of the second, just had enough.

Edited by ithuriel

2 hours ago, teblin said:

Newcastle were just too physical for us. I wasn't blown away by them either, we gave them the goals. 

We were so poor, about as bad as we  have been all season.

That's very harsh on them. They were running rings around our players, better dribllers, better passers, better finishing. They preseed much better than us aswell. In fact in every department they were much better than us. 

• Like 1

No fight, no backbone, no leaders, no ambition, a woeful performance and probably the worst I have seen us play in over three years including the drubbings at Brighton and Spurs this season.

Tielemans, Armatey, Barnes, Thomas, Soumare and Daka bloody awful.  We couldnt even make short passes to each other..  As for Ward, Newcastle pressing from the front all game we get a goal kick and we try to short pass it out from the back and Newcastle are all over us......did we try and change it no....we carried on kick it long for gods sake.

Crying out for a change of shape and personnal .....our manager does nothing......we just give them the incentive time and time again.

Have to hand it to Howe and Newcastle.......he has got players like Joellinton and Almiron looking world class.

Worrying thing is this a Newcastle side without St Maximin and Wilson so arguably not their first team.

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s not a holding midfielder and yet he’s being asked to do that job. I think it was an experiment whilst wilf was injured that worked and so we kept it as it was. But a decent tactician like Howe has exposed it and I expect we will revert to wilf now. Whether bouba is dumped (not particularly fair) or asked to do more of a box to box job - we shall see. 

Midfield has been a problem for a while. Wilf has been in decline for an age and lacks the skill set to make progressive passes. Soumare was supposed to be the answer but flatters to deceive and doesn’t do the other side of the game that Wilf was best at.

Youri‘s levels overall haven’t been what they were.

As with other areas of the team, we need to do a fair bit of work if we are to get back to challenging for Europe.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think he needs to find a big mirror to look at because he's the Manager who's responsible for getting them 'up' for the game and if they aren't maybe, just maybe he and his coaching team are the problem.

Let’s be honest the first XI and management team are a million miles away from hitting the levels of 2019/20 and 2020/21.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 90s but prefer us away now when I don’t go. Had enough of the fabricated atmosphere the club have created, so much rubbish over recent years we’ve been forced (or not in my case) to lap up. The only positive was at least we didn’t score a consolation goal as that goal music would have a been a right kick in the teeth.

Our atmosphere is appalling. It’s kinda embarrassing when Tielemans has to wave at our fans in our KOP end to start making noise and movements to try and put Wood off for their penalty, I repeat our KOP end. Quite pathetic!

• Like 2

“It’s always going to take any team a period to get to the levels they might have been at [after the World Cup break], but it doesn’t take away that aggression in the game, because that’s about mentality. That was a surprise to me today"

Did Rodgers really say that?  Didn't he notice that Newcastle took no time at all?  Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

They are definitely not a far better team. 

Dear oh dear......

They whupped us in EVERY department. 

I worry for some of our fans if they actually really think this....give me strength...

• Like 1

Fans going on about " I wasnt blown away by Newcastle " comments.

They won the game after 10 minutes.

They were in 3rd gear for most of the 2nd half and still won most of the 50/50s and looked to push our players.

We were utterly  pathetic.

Dont try and play it down.

• Like 3

It’s pretty bleak isn’t it? I can’t see Tielemans or Maddison here next season, then where does that leave us? We’ve got so much mediocrity in this team being bailed out by moments of quality from those two or Barnes. 

Tielemans, Praet and Soumare all wanted to leave in the summer, yet all found themselves in the starting XI today, with one of them being captain. It’s no wonder we’re so poor. 

Add to that, the whole feeling around the stadium. I knew the atmosphere would rotten today. Of course it was bound to be given the score, but it was at Milton Keynes too. Our fans are pretty vocal on twitter, yet absolutely timid in the stands. As soon as they got the penalty, it’s like the whole place just gave up. The Kop all sat gormless behind the goal for the penalty. If that was Newcastle they’d be doing everything to try and put our taker off. L1 is a joke now too. 

The whole thing needs a serious lift. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think he needs to find a big mirror to look at because he's the Manager who's responsible for getting them 'up' for the game and if they aren't maybe, just maybe he and his coaching team are the problem.

Totally agree. This isn't is the first time he's said we lack aggression after a defeat, in fact, I think this might be the 6th or 7th time (minimum) just this season he's said the same thing after a game. Why do we lack aggression so frequently Brendan? Why did the team lack aggression after an extended winter break? As you say, he's the bloody manager, saying he doesn't know why is just not good enough.

Could it just be Brendan, that aggression and intensity had nothing to do with it and that our formation and tactics were just totally wrong? Or could it even be that the attitude was totally wrong? Again, that's ultimately down to the manager.

It's usually management 101 that you take responsibility publicly even if you then batter your players behind closed doors but Rodgers seldom ever does this; he is so quick in these situations to detach his performance from the players'. Pretty much everytime we lose its because the players didn't do this or didn't do that or didn't follow the plan. Winds me up that so few journos are brave enough to challenge him on this and  actually ask him directly what responsibility he takes. After all, what is a manager if he's not ultimately responsible for his own team's performance?

The irony is, I was a massive Rodgers fan, I just can't stand him now and that's not a lack of gratitude, it's because he's absolutely destroying all the good work he and the club have done over the past few years. I can't get behind a manager who clearly does not really want to be at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Add to that, the whole feeling around the stadium. I knew the atmosphere would rotten today. Of course it was bound to be given the score, but it was at Milton Keynes too. Our fans are pretty vocal on twitter, yet absolutely timid in the stands. As soon as they got the penalty, it’s like the whole place just gave up. The Kop all sat gormless behind the goal for the penalty. If that was Newcastle they’d be doing everything to try and put our taker off. L1 is a joke now too. 

The whole thing needs a serious lift. 

The club have drained all enthusiasm out of the fanbase. The clappers have ruined our support. The goal music takes away the chance to create our own noise. The football we play is dull and without flair, mostly. Don't even have a strong tackle to get us going.

Whole thing has no identity. Too many marketing exec types involved.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

The club have drained all enthusiasm out of the fanbase. The clappers have ruined our support. The goal music takes away the chance to create our own noise. The football we play is dull and without flair, mostly. Don't even have a strong tackle to get us going.

Whole thing has no identity. Too many marketing exec types involved.

We just exist. Which after what we’ve won and the absolute shit we’ve seen, is not what anyone here aspires to be. 

I hope we don’t become a Palace or Southampton. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Soumare for that header. He looked about as interested as a statue. Then ducked. Sweet Jesus that summed our day up.

I think that is exactly it. There is no passion, fight, determination or sheer want from any of the players.  Why is motivation questionable? One or 2 could be expected but the whole team? That comes from the top.  Players wanting out (why?) Players wanting to play and are benched continually........... its been said for a while but the dressing room needs sorting out. Captain and vice captain never play for starters! If things are not going well in a game there is no fight, no plan B, no idea.........

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yes they are, the poster you quoted highlighted team in capitals to emphasise what he/she meant.

Newcastle most definitely are a better team than us. Whether they have the more talented individuals is a different question but individuals aren’t a sustainable way to win games, a collective team is which we are not.

I think this is what hurts the most. Man for man it isn't any better really, yet our expectations have been driven into the ground by a manager who is more bothered about his own PR than anything else. 

The restart will kill us because we have too many players looking over their shoulders at a move and Brendan isn't staying much long either. The last couple of months will keep him in a job until end of the season and pundits will still say how amazing he is when he takes a "bigger" job. 

Defensively , we were exposed by our lack of a proper DM. You cannot expect to get away with that against a good team. Barnes was , as usual against a good defense , lacking ideas and remember Maddison is our main goal threat. We still gave them problems in the second half so  against lesser opposition we will get goals. This season , we have to get the points against the lower teams , there won't be many coming from games against the top six. I am not particularly worried about relegation , we should be too good for that. There will be big changes in the summer but that is no guarantee of a major improvement , it could be a while before we can challenge the top teams again. Expectations will have to be lowered I'm afraid.

It’s sad how far we’ve fallen. I’ve never been one to ask for a manager’s head but Brendan needs to leave for the benefit of him and us. It’s gone stale. We need a change. And as someone pointed out, a spine of Ward, Amartey, Soumare and Daka isn’t strong enough.  We need a proper first choice keeper ASAP, we need a staring centre back and we need to figure out what’s wrong with Wilf ASAP. I actually think Vardy/Daka/Nacho upfront is more than enough for now. We just need new ideas, new energy, new mentality, new identity. It’s time for a shake up.  X 

Edited by RumbleFox