Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Football, styles, manager, players attitude aside the club seriously desperately need to do something because the amount of people being turned off by it all is alarming, I say this myself as someone who has been disinterested and apathetic for quite some time now, I felt alone on this but as time goes on it seems many others also have felt the same way as me for quite some time or they are becoming that way.

Whilst I say football, styles, management to one side - they are my main issues but generally the 'matchday experience' is just awful, no-one wants to go but they go out of habit, because they've bought their tickets, it's a chore.

The last couple of seasons i'd love to have not renewed but I know if I give it up i'll struggle to get it back or it'll cost alot more to get it back, I think this is the case with alot of people and they've got you by the bollocks.

It's been mentioned the club read this forum, I seriously hope they take feedback on board.

None of me or my mates go much these days (all 50 somethings). For all the reasons you’ve mentioned but also because when we won the league we a. Felt that was it.. it couldn’t get any better in our lifetime b. We’d go downhill from there because the best players would leave.

Imagine having watched City relegated to League 1 (although that was a great season to support us tbf), through the Pearson years and then to win the fookin league! Our lives as City fans were complete really.

Now if we go, it’s more for the social than to watch the football. Meeting up after for beers etc.

I USED to go also because I felt I SHOULD (ie I was being disloyal in some way if I didn’t pay my money and shout the team on). Nowadays, I feel so far removed from the players (and these days, the club) that this feeling has gone. I still ‘want to see City do well’ but if the likes of Amartey, Maddison, Soumare and Rodgers don’t do well, I don’t really give a shite.

Just being honest, that’s how I feel about modern day to flight football. Maybe it’s an age thing but I think this feeling is gaining ground in terms of going to watch LCFC

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Football, styles, manager, players attitude aside the club seriously desperately need to do something because the amount of people being turned off by it all is alarming, I say this myself as someone who has been disinterested and apathetic for quite some time now, I felt alone on this but as time goes on it seems many others also have felt the same way as me for quite some time or they are becoming that way.

Whilst I say football, styles, management to one side - they are my main issues but generally the 'matchday experience' is just awful, no-one wants to go but they go out of habit, because they've bought their tickets, it's a chore.

The last couple of seasons i'd love to have not renewed but I know if I give it up i'll struggle to get it back or it'll cost alot more to get it back, I think this is the case with alot of people and they've got you by the bollocks.

It's been mentioned the club read this forum, I seriously hope they take feedback on board.

I drive up from the South west for all home matches but I'm increasingly finding that I'm makes excuses why I'm not going. Thinking about it, I'm not actually that worried about not getting my season ticket back as that will be it apart from the occasional match. I'll still follow from home as much as possible. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

For the first time I can ever remember in 45 years of supporting my club I'm ashamed to say we walked out on 60 minutes yesterday.

I just can't put my finger on why we did it but something - everything - was not enjoyable yesterday......moreso than usual and I felt it way before the game started.

The whole matchday experience has become a real anticlimax but then to witness such a lacklustre performance and an increasingly emptying L1 it all became a real chore to stand there, surrounded by empty seats and be as disinterested as we had become.

We couldn't quite believe the fact we were just about to pull into our drive as the final whistle went.

I seriously hope I don't feel the urge to do this again but even moreso hope I'm not falling out of love with my club and the game as it has now become.

I think yesterday was a real water-shed for me in terms of ‘being bothered’. As you say, I’m not sure why (we’ve seen City capitulate lots of times under Rodgers), but yesterday’s first half really got under my skin. 
I think it was probably the expectation.. we’d not lost for some time and looked to have turned the corner. To then see Faes mis-kicking the ball on the edge of his area, Amartey practicing his lunges to give away the penno and Soumare ducking away from Joelinton, was all too much.

I want to see a change of management and am not bothered if we need to get relegated to rebuild something.

I don’t think it would happen in a million years, but I’d love to see Pearson return to the club. Then we’d know that the bare minimum the players would give would be 100% effort, or they’d be dropped like a stone.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It will be interesting to see what level Rodgers drops down to after Leicester. My bet would be championship as some desperate team will take a punt.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you again.

I think Rodgers love affair with the media and his ‘reputation’ (which far outweighs his actual record/ability) will see him walk into another Premiership job. It was only a couple of weeks ago when he was being touted for the England job, if Southgate left. Image over substance mate. Embodied by managers like Sven 

Edited by Col city fan

17 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

For the first time I can ever remember in 45 years of supporting my club I'm ashamed to say we walked out on 60 minutes yesterday.

I just can't put my finger on why we did it but something - everything - was not enjoyable yesterday......moreso than usual and I felt it way before the game started.

The whole matchday experience has become a real anticlimax but then to witness such a lacklustre performance and an increasingly emptying L1 it all became a real chore to stand there, surrounded by empty seats and be as disinterested as we had become.

We couldn't quite believe the fact we were just about to pull into our drive as the final whistle went.

I seriously hope I don't feel the urge to do this again but even moreso hope I'm not falling out of love with my club and the game as it has now become.

It's overly engineered and orchestrated 'fun' that STINKS of focus grouping non-football fans.

I know I've bemoaned it elsewhere but it's the process of Americanisation that's behind this. The idea we need an experience with fan cams and fireworks and lightshows and heavily orchestrated flag waving. It is entirely at odds with traditional football supporter culture.

Sadly, I think the club that much know. They just don't care.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think Rodgers love affair with the media and his ‘reputation’ (which far outweighs his actual record/ability) will see him walk into another Premiership job. It was only a couple of weeks ago when he was being touted for the England job, if Southgate left. Image over substance mate. Another contemporary phenomenon.

Definitely agree with this. Even as someone who isn't as anti Rodgers as some, I find it really frustrating just how different the media view him. The FA Cup win seemingly gives him a pass because it was little old Leicester to them. 

Completely bypass the facts about how much he's paid, how much he's been given to spend and how much hes failed to strengthen the team he inherited with that money. 

I've never known anyone be this good with their PR. It's quite incredible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Rodgers love affair with the media and his ‘reputation’ (which far outweighs his actual record/ability) will see him walk into another Premiership job. It was only a couple of weeks ago when he was being touted for the England job, if Southgate left. Image over substance mate. Embodied by managers like Sven 

No worries, wouldn’t want it any other way bud.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t doubt that people within the club read this forum, but there is very little evidence they give it much thought.

We’re in a terrible state off the pitch to be honest. No one is enthusiastically behind Rodgers, but those who want him out aren’t numerous enough for many to put their head over the parapet.

The net effect is a strange sort of apathy, best expressed by the ‘Kop’ yesterday waiting patiently for Newcastle to dispatch their penalty in the first half.

The only thing that will shake people out of this state of torpor is to be in the zone come February or March. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I don’t doubt that people within the club read this forum, but there is very little evidence they give it much thought.

We’re in a terrible state off the pitch to be honest. No one is enthusiastically behind Rodgers, but those who want him out aren’t numerous enough for many to put their head over the parapet.

The net effect is a strange sort of apathy, best expressed by the ‘Kop’ yesterday waiting patiently for Newcastle to dispatch their penalty in the first half.

The only thing that will shake people out of this state of torpor is to be in the zone come February or March. 

The players like him?  The board like him? Sky pays the bills?  It’s not some rancid Saturday night phone in talent show, it 100% does not matter what we think, surely that’s obvious by now, and he probably has enough talent to stave off relegation, so….

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

I thought the ref was appalling yday. He knew Newcastle were a level ahead in that game and thus decided that every 50/50 should probably go their way. It’s what the refs do in all the big 6 games when they’re winning. It’s like something unintentional but intrinsic that because of the quality of the team, they deserve more decisions. 

Not that it affected the result but I thought the officials were very poor. They were knocking us around like small boys

and the ref was letting everything go which is fair enough, but when we did eventually give a bit back he gave them

a free kick.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

The players like him?  The board like him? Sky pays the bills?  It’s not some rancid Saturday night phone in talent show, it 100% does not matter what we think, surely that’s obvious by now, and he probably has enough talent to stave off relegation, so….

I made the point on yesterdays game alot was made of 'The players are still playing for him, they're still behind him'.

The argument could be countered and questions asked after yesterday.

It remains to be seen one way or the other in coming weeks but it was there for everyone to see and could be dispelled after yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I made the point on yesterdays game alot was made of 'The players are still playing for him, they're still behind him'.

The argument could be countered and questions asked after yesterday.

It remains to be seen one way or the other in coming weeks but it was there for everyone to see and could be dispelled after yesterday.

It could,  but it would be without basis. Those at the club will not and cannot be as reactive after one game as fans, and what we see is often what we want to see, and does not make it true. KDH is a proper interesting one as he has a foot in both camps, he is both fans and player and I would expect any discontent to be felt from him first, but all I saw yesterday was remorse and anger at the nature of the loss.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Had the regular thoughts regarding the manager/players that I’ve had for the best part of two years now after the game and didn’t really think about it till this afternoon. But something about yesterday has really stuck with me, even worse than other results this season. Didn’t have one good thing to say about the entire day. Turgid from start to finish. 

The image of the 1/3 full ground at 90 minutes encapsulated it perfectly. Empty, plodding, chore like experience going to the KP now, even with the improvements made to the kop. Finding it very hard to be arsed about any of it.

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Had the regular thoughts regarding the manager/players that I’ve had for the best part of two years now after the game and didn’t really think about it till this afternoon. But something about yesterday has really stuck with me, even worse than other results this season. Didn’t have one good thing to say about the entire day. Turgid from start to finish. 

The image of the 1/3 full ground at 90 minutes encapsulated it perfectly. Empty, plodding, chore like experience going to the KP now, even with the improvements made to the kop. Finding it very hard to be arsed about any of it.

Perhaps that’s how the message gets through?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It could,  but it would be without basis. Those at the club will not and cannot be as reactive after one game as fans, and what we see is often what we want to see, and does not make it true. KDH is a proper interesting one as he has a foot in both camps, he is both fans and player and I would expect any discontent to be felt from him first, but all I saw yesterday was remorse and anger at the nature of the loss.

Be class if this whole thing had just been one game wouldn't it. 

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Really?

:frusty:

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Was quite impressed with our fans walking out.

I was getting quite fucked off with our stagnant muted fanbase when we should have been protesting earlier in the sounds but the spontaneous, unannounced walk out yesterday was quite impressive and spoke volumes.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you include the winning streak before the World Cup then? 

The problem is, it's a revolving cycle isn't it?

How many truly dreadful runs have we gone through under Rodgers, they last months, then we all know Rodgers will get results when needed, when under pressure, he'll change to get some results, he'll go against how he sees the game should be played and play in a way he'll absolutely hate. He'll shithouse run of games - Ironic I use the word shithouse really because i'd rather see us play that way (Compared to his dreary dull ways of 'control the game' and total possession getting us no where).

But then you can put your house on him then going back to 'his way', 'his style', 'his philosophy'. And 1 game back seems this has happen, again it remains to be seen but we can only base on the 1 game return so far.

There is consistent pattern.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Really?

:frusty:

Was quite impressed with our fans walking out.

I was getting quite fucked off with our stagnant muted fanbase when we should have been protesting earlier in the sounds but the walk out yesterday was quite impressive and spoke volumes.

The problem is, it's a revolving cycle isn't it?

How many truly dreadful runs have we gone through under Rodgers, they last months, then we all know Rodgers will get results when needed, when under pressure, he'll change to get some results, he'll go against how he sees the game should be played and play in a way he'll absolutely hate. He'll shithouse run of games - Ironic I use the word shithouse really because i'd rather see us play that way (Compared to his dreary dull ways of 'control the game' and total possession getting us no where).

But then you can put your house on him then going back to 'his way', 'his style', 'his philosophy'. And 1 game back seems this has happen, again it remains to be seen but we can only base on the 1 game return so far.

There is consistent pattern.

It is a repeating cycle you are correct, on both sides; as he loses one game he is shite and we can refer to every single game he has ever lost with impunity, whilst a win is merely an outlier, one from which we should infer nothing, as it was obtained against a side ‘we were expected to beat’, ‘are resting players’ or just played badly. There is literally any reason to dislike him that is accepted. People literally stating there is nothing he could do to win them around, which is beyond childish and self indulgent, I literally have no time for it.

Of course it’s one game, it’s after good results  interrupted by a World Cup, what continuity should we infer from this first game back?