Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

One of the worst team performances i can remember.   The set piece guy has really done poorly given the first half free kick.  Rodgers failed to take responsibility for the mentality of the players... his talk about lack of quality is a did  at thr club .... he is a disgrace.

We gathered points against mediocre teams... now reality has returned.

Rodgers out 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Lost to a team with Jacob Murphy, Matt Richie, Sean Longstaff and Dan Burn in the side. Say no more

Well no we didn't de we? Ritchie and Murphy were late subs. Burn is performing out of his skin and is a Geordie, I'd rather have him than Luke Thomas. Tielemans and Soulmate looked like league one players without the workrate, so why you're critical of Longstaff I don't know.

What a shite game that was. We must be the only team that can make someone like joelinton, a player not too dissimilar to Steve Howard , look like ronaldo. And is that lump that tries to call himself a goalkeeper a bit stupid or something?

Howe.. right lads, this goalie will try to play it short so just hang around the box everytime he gets the ball and challenge whoever he rolls it out to! How the fvck a goalie can turn every ball he’s got his hands on into a 50-50 ball is beyond me, you’d have thought he’d go… hang on a minute , this ain’t working, I’ll mix it up and kick the ball for a change…. but no.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm not gonna criticize our home support as they hardly had a chance to cheer the team on when we were already down by 2 goals so early.

It's also freezing cold and having to watch that performance I feel bad for everybody and I felt pretty sick watching it on tv by the warm fireplace.

i'm not sure what I expected today post WC but I'd have guessed every team would be slightly off. Christ Newcastle looked like they used their

time off well to plan, prepare and train where as our lot looked like they hadn't played at all. Shockingly bad in every dept. Someone said this is

what we look like without Maddison. Also I feel we keep getting reminded what a sore miss Lookman is on days like these when Barnes is awful

and the team needs someone who will just go direct and attack the defence. Ruined my boxing day morning this booooooooo.

ps. Has anyone put together an Amartay blooper reel? Must be pretty extensive by now. Ward was regressing thru that game too and Waes too.

Atleast Perez was trying to do something. 

Fair enough there wasn’t much to cheer about, but this excuse I keep seeing about it being cold is pathetic. Go and sit at home in the warm then if you don’t like the cold

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well no we didn't de we? Ritchie and Murphy were late subs. Burn is performing out of his skin and is a Geordie, I'd rather have him than Luke Thomas. Tielemans and Soulmate looked like league one players without the workrate, so why you're critical of Longstaff I don't know.

Sean Longstaff is dreadful mate 😂 Playing in a team high on confidence and well drilled doesnt suddenly make someone a good player

• Like 1

Guest binic16

There were not many players for Newcastle that you would have in our team on a regular basis.They are well trained in the dark arts of the game and we can't cope with it.

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What a shite game that was. We must be the only team that can make someone like joelinton, a player not too dissimilar to Steve Howard , look like ronaldo. And is that lump that tries to call himself a goalkeeper a bit stupid or something?

Howe.. right lads, this goalie will try to play it short so just hang around the box everytime he gets the ball and challenge whoever he rolls it out to! How the fvck a goalie can turn every ball he’s got his hands on into a 50-50 ball is beyond me, you’d have thought he’d go… hang on a minute , this ain’t working, I’ll mix it up and kick the ball for a change…. but no.

It was a shite game and a shite performance but Joelinton has looked a serious player for a while now, since Howe moved him into midfield.  Not Ronaldo for sure, but he's integral to a very competitive Newcastle side.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, binic16 said:

There were not many players for Newcastle that you would have in our team on a regular basis.They are well trained in the dark arts of the game and we can't cope with it.

I think it’s called scoring goals mate

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, binic16 said:

Almiron, Guimaraes, Botman/Schar, Pope.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Almiron, Guimaraes, Botman/Schar, Pope.

Amazes me some of the comments I’ve seen from our fans towards Newcastle and their players. Their 10 times the team we are at the moment, even before considering ability they have shown a minimum of more fight and desire than ours did so why so many are so quick with such belittling comments is bemusing. We were outplayed by a very good side to day who have picked up some good results this season, what is unacceptable was that we couldn’t even muster enough of a fight for them to shift out of first gear. Embarrassing from us today.

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Amazes me some of the comments I’ve seen from our fans towards Newcastle and their players. Their 10 times the team we are at the moment, even before considering ability they have shown a minimum of more fight and desire than ours did so why so many are so quick with such belittling comments is bemusing. We were outplayed by a very good side to day who have picked up some good results this season, what is unacceptable was that we couldn’t even muster enough of a fight for them to shift out of first gear. Embarrassing from us today.

They look organised, sharp and wanting the ball, we at times look like the Keystone Cops.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Yep.  I've also seen some people on here questioning if Howe can keep the job, or that it's 'too big a job' for him.  He's done magnificently and has created a team very much the antithesis of us at the moment.  

Yes, he's had backing but the way he's improved players like Joelinton and Almiron is admirable.  

We, on the other hand, raised the white flag after the first ten minutes.  Unacceptable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Soumare's performance was genuinely so bad it might be the worst individual one I've ever seen on home soil.

A late Christmas present for Ryan McGivern!

Soumare is absolutely dreadful. Why on Earth Rodgers persists when we’ve got Wilf is on the bench is criminal. Appreciate Wilf hasn’t been great, but Soumare offers nothing, absolutely nothing…..