Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Facecloth said:

Nobody came out of that game well. Draw a line under and move on is the best i can say.

We have ‘drawn a line & moved on’ from about 15 similar embarrassments under Rodgers and learnt absolutely nothing. We’re still perfectly comfortable as a club with having a losers mentality. 

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Just feels very bitter that Newcastle will coast to the Champions League where we've thrown it away twice!

Liverpool are getting better and will overtake them so they’ll be playing for 4th with Tottenham and Man Utd. It’s not close to being done yet. 

Newcastle are riding a wave of confidence that makes them better as a team than the sum of their constituent parts. But that was one of our worst performances for years. No shot on target until just past 60 minutes. Slow. No urgency or passion. No creativity, just our usual formulaic moves that break down and get recycled. We look precarious every time we pass out from the back,

Special mention for the ref, who, despite several lengthy stoppages in the first half only found 3 additional minutes, then bizarrely only found another 3 in the second half despite taking a minute to warn Pope for timewasting and despite Newcastle repeatedly feigning injury and taking 40+ seconds to take numerous set pieces. 

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

We have ‘drawn a line & moved on’ from about 15 similar embarrassments under Rodgers and learnt absolutely nothing. We’re still perfectly comfortable as a club with having a losers mentality. 

I said it's the best I can say about it, indicating I could say much worse, I just can't be arsed.

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Special mention for the ref, who, despite several lengthy stoppages in the first half only found 3 additional minutes, then bizarrely only found another 3 in the second half despite taking a minute to warn Pope for timewasting and despite Newcastle repeatedly feigning injury and taking 40+ seconds to take numerous set pieces. 

What?

You wanted to see MORE? 

It was a fvcking embarrassment. 

7 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Newcastle are riding a wave of confidence that makes them better as a team than the sum of their constituent parts. But that was one of our worst performances for years. No shot on target until just past 60 minutes. Slow. No urgency or passion. No creativity, just our usual formulaic moves that break down and get recycled. We look precarious every time we pass out from the back,

Lucky for us he put us out of our misery

Went into the match half asleep. 

Newcastle were nothing special and if Maddison was starting i believe we would of beat them. 

We lacked creativity massively and Rodgers unwillingness to change things up didn't help the situation either. 

They made us look bad but nowhere near as much as we made them look good.

So much for preparing the team for the season restart we were somewhere else for the first 20 mins.

Outthought and out fought, streetwise verses the definition of naïvety 

• Like 4

Our attacking play wasn’t that bad; if Daka had any composure we could have had a couple in the first half.

At the back we were terrible. The fact that Amartey has gotten in ahead as first choice CB of everyone else shows how poorly the likes of Soyuncu and Vestergaard have been. Amartey should be nowhere near the starting 11, let alone one of the first names on the team sheet.

Our recruitment over the past few seasons has been an abomination, there is so much deadwood in the team, really only Tielemans and Maddison are top 10 quality and they are both off in the next 6 months. Every other position is just loaded up with crap players, and Rodgers coaching is making things worse.

Really, Rodgers needs to go. Unfortunately for him it will be easier and cheaper to replace the manager than to try and fix a squad that needs every position looking at.

Mid-table teams have lots of games like this in a season. It’s crap but it signals where we are as a team atm. I don’t really think our squad is much better than mid table and if you get us on a bad day then these results will happen. Also, with so many players futures uncertain atm you don’t expect them to be putting in great performances. 

It will be interesting to see how this mid season break changes things, wasn’t the best start for us tho.

• Like 1

The most illuminating thing for me is our throw ins in the opposition half

No plan at all. No routine, no gameplan, no options. It's abundantly obvious that we just don't practice those situations. Without fail we end up playing it backwards, passing it around the back until we come under pressure and then give it to the opposition. Ultimately what is a potential attacking opportunity for us becomes a situation we have to defend the vast majority of the time.

This is just one scenario that I've picked up on. There are more. It just stinks of the complacent attitude we have to not squeeze the value out of that scenario, relying instead on our quality and Rodgers' annoying insistence on his identify of slow, boring football.

Ultimately I don't believe our manager and coaching staff are getting enough out of this squad. Why do we so often start so slowly in games? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a ****ing shambles from top to bottom our club has become. 

**** the beer and whatever else....spend some money on the pitch. 

Faes, Thomas, ward, Amartey all championship level. Faes constantly putting his team mates under pressure got us to 3 nil down then he started playing well. 

KDH is a league 1 footballer at best. So one footed it's unreal. 

Harvey Barnes was so shit it hurt my eyes. 

Our stadium is so ****ing shit. It's falling apart. The toilets are in absolute bits it's like a immigrant detention centre. 

Now to our absolutely retarded fan base. Fans slagging off players at the drop of a hat. One guy sat next to me called daka slow. Honestly they're only happy when we are playing counter attacking football. 

The whole place is ****ed. Charging more and more and we keep running at a free ****ing donut. 

• Haha 1