Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Liverpool (A) - 30th Dec- Pre-match thread

Regretfully I see no obvious changes we can make to the back five. Ward will play so barely any point discussing it.

I'd probably go for something similar to what we beat them with a year ago. Something I've called for many a time - pack the midfield while our wide options are in such disarray.

Ndidi back in at DM. Dewsbury-Hall LCM. Then Tielemans or Soumare RCM - pick your fighter (yikes!).

Maddison back in if fit at 10. If not, then a front three of Barnes, Vardy & Iheanacho. DIsgraceful how bad we are going forward while Iheanacho who normally always produces is limited to watching this shitshow from the bench.

We're almost certainly going to be soundly beaten though. I've no doubt Nunez who famously can't finish will score at least twice.

Something completely different?

Ward

Castagne Soy Faus Thomas

Soumare Ndidi KDH 

Daka Iheanacho Vardy 

1. Don't know what state Soyuncu is in in fairness so may have to be Armarty. He's probably so dispirited and focussed on his next move that it isn't viable. More what could have been if not left languishing on the extreme left of a three where he lost confidence due to inept management. 

2. Ndidi purely protecting the back 4 and breaking up play, no foraging forward and shooting, should never be that far up the pitch, horses for courses.

3. Soumare in front of Ndidi in a role similar to his previous club, its where his best stats were and comparable to someof the best in Europe at his job ie ball progression, he's not a DCM and arguably never been used correctly here.

4. Daka has played successfully on the right of a 3 or a 2 for his previous club.

5. Iheanacho in the middle with Vardy to his left, remember his 12 goals in about half a season when we tried this when Vardy wasn't firing?

Barnes on the bench to change things if required. Tielemans where he belongs for me, he's never going to inject any urgency, fight or aggression. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

Its going to be horrendous.  

No Madders?

No Praet?

KDH not in form

Daka devoid of any confidence

Soumare too slow

Vardy cant play 90 minutes and will not have Madders to supply

Youri frustrated

Ward not good enough

Big Dan likely to provide them with a penalty

😞

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

No Madders?

No Praet?

KDH not in form

Soumare too slow

Youri frustrated

Ward not good enough

😞

No plan B or ideas - to add to the list. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hales said:

No Madders?

No Praet?

KDH not in form

Soumare too slow

Youri frustrated

Ward not good enough

😞

Well we can scratch some danger areas…drop Amartey for Ndidi.

play Mendy DM..

Nacho for Barnes…

Castagna on the left,Albrighton RB.

Praet for Tielemans

Just to see the manager try something new…SO..

Ward

Albrighton Ndidi Faes Castagna

Mendy

Praet        KDH

Perez**

Nacho           Daka

** Maddison if fit…

subs,Barnes,Thomas,Vardy,Soumare,Tielemans,Soyuncu…2x Young Players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

As long as my alloys are still on my car at the end I'll be happy.

Don’t.This is my debut.The wife has a brand new car of which we are travelling to friends in Birmingham for new year.Or an F Pace I don’t fancy parking any near the ground.

Might park in the centre and bus it in.

Any suggestions anyone?

When's the presser for this?

I know we've been here before but I wanna see jouno's calling him out, asking tough questions.

Again, I know we've been here before that RL have to be abit careful and toe the line but i'm sick of Rodgers saying the same thing time and time again with no follow up questioning. In the latest instance "I thought they lacked aggression".

He's been saying this for years, why is he still saying it? What's he going to do about it? Surely it's up him to rectify it, instill it, after it being ongoing for this long it's one of his many failings.

He goes on about mentality.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

It will be the same kind of 541 we saw against Man City. Something like:

Ward

Castagne  Amartey Faes Soyüncü  Thomas

Tielemans Ndidi KDH Barnes

Daka

Liverpool will have 70%+ possession and 20+ shots whilst Brendan will be happy that we 'stayed in the game' for 60 minutes whilst barely getting within 25 yards of their goal. 

Routine 2-0 win for Liverpool; Nunez brace.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Guest David Oldfields Gate
39 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Don’t.This is my debut.The wife has a brand new car of which we are travelling to friends in Birmingham for new year.Or an F Pace I don’t fancy parking any near the ground.

Might park in the centre and bus it in.

Any suggestions anyone?

You can walk from the centre, it's a brisk stretch but do-able. However city centre car parks are no safer unless it's multi story types. There are loads of options within a mile or so of the ground, but you will have to pay a tenner and get there early. Have a few options lined up ready mate in your sat nav.