Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Liverpool (A) - 30th Dec- Pre-match thread

Players seem to be divided into 3 groups. Those that don’t want to be here, those that are shit, and those that are injured. Only ambition this season is to stay up, so free hit for me.

OK an exaggeration, one or two who don’t quite fit, Barnes, Faes, etc, but no real expectations this season.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Players seem to be divided into 3 groups. Those that don’t want to be here, those that are shit, and those that are injured. Only ambition this season is to stay up, so free hit for me.

OK an exaggeration, one or two who don’t quite fit, Barnes, Faes, etc, but no real expectations this season.

Thats where we are this year.  Craving mid tsble safety.  I woukd tske 14th now

14 hours ago, Royston. said:

We are the opposite of a team of bastards who are going to bully a team like liverpool.

Another loss, i'll be hoping no one below us has a good day either.:fc:

This is it. There's no bullies in our squad. We're too nice for our own good.

We do have a history of winning when not expected, But I'm not sure this Squad has the battling qualities needed in them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very very odd, he's repeatedly said we've loads of players leaving in the summer and hopefully in January and yet he's then said a good chunk of them we want to sign new contracts. Doesn't make sense.

He wants a minimum of three new players in January and we supposedly needed loads of players to leave last summer as we couldn't name them all in the 25, surely that's still a consideration? 

If he wants a CB and wants Soyuncu, Evans and Amartey to stay then one of those is going to be 5th choice??

Maybe he has found the pot is more limited to buy players of a lesser quality than he is losing, so now he is trying to offer better salaries to those who contracts are expiring (who he previously didn’t want)

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe he has found the pot is more limited to buy players of a lesser quality than he is losing, so now he is trying to offer better salaries to those who contracts are expiring (who he previously didn’t want)

His recent comments are at complete odds with this though. He repeatedly says there is a huge overhaul happening, so what players does he envisage as going? 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 02:02, TK95 said:

Playing Albrighton at WB will be self capitulation against these lot. Nailed on to give away a pen

Yeah but he won’t give the ball away and negate us going forward as much as Thomas does. What’s the point in being better at defending if you can’t score a goal.

59 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Mu biggest fear is that Rodgers will be in charge of a huge overhaul !!!

I think that as a coach he is limited even though the press feel he is a genius but as a builder I think he is a disaster !

We won't be a PL team in the next 6-30 months IMO.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We won't be a PL team in the next 6-30 months IMO.

The threat is real ...

You cannot rest on your laurels in the world of football & right now we have the smell of failure permeating from us.

Players running down contracts and walking away for free is bad business !!

Spunking money on Bertram & Vesty is bad business

Allowing Rodgers to have any input on new players is bad business

We are heading for the Championship unless  we get our shit together !!

• Like 1

It will be diamond in the box, diamond in the D and two forward players 5 foot up from the the D. Plus a goalkeeper looking at the back of his net quite often. Then some personnel change after 69 minutes to refresh the Plan A with Plan A-.

Everyone knows what to expect from this game, Klopp big gnashers glinting wildly and commentators gushing over how fantastic Liverpool dismantled and embarrassed Leicester City.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Of course I would. But the chances of them not scoring at home, especially against us after the last game are slim to none. 

I’d certainly agree with you but then have a look at the side we put out at home last December which stopped them scoring away for the only time last season ….

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The threat is real ...

You cannot rest on your laurels in the world of football & right now we have the smell of failure permeating from us.

Players running down contracts and walking away for free is bad business !!

Spunking money on Bertram & Vesty is bad business

Allowing Rodgers to have any input on new players is bad business

We are heading for the Championship unless  we get our shit together !!

Our trajectory is downward, no point denying it. We will lose Youri AND Madders either in January or at the end of the season. Vardy appears pretty much done. Nobody wants our dross for actual transfer fees. We have some good players, some average players and a number who are just about OK.  We seem to have no money to buy quality replacements. Carries on like this we will be relegated in the next 2 seasons, 3 at the very most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

It will be diamond in the box, diamond in the D and two forward players 5 foot up from the the D. Plus a goalkeeper looking at the back of his net quite often. Then some personnel change after 69 minutes to refresh the Plan A with Plan A-.

Everyone knows what to expect from this game, Klopp big gnashers glinting wildly and commentators gushing over how fantastic Liverpool dismantled and embarrassed Leicester City.

Lolz 

Met a friend for drinks tonight who supports Liverpool (from Hartlepool if you were wondering) - first thing he said to me, “youse are ****ing shit you”. 

Hang that on the dressing room wall Brendan. In. To. These. ****ers. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Manini said:

Met a friend for drinks tonight who supports Liverpool (from Hartlepool if you were wondering) - first thing he said to me, “youse are ****ing shit you”. 

Hang that on the dressing room wall Brendan. In. To. These. ****ers. 

Your friend is an astute fella lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Your friend is an astute fella lol

I’ve always had a short fuse. I’m probably like shooting fish in a barrel to my mates, still makes it all the sweeter when we beat them though. Can’t help where you come from can you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I hate how now under Rodgers this game is over before it has even started. We are going to get absolutely battered.

To be fair I thought that for the game last season, when we won 1-0. But there’s no feeling that you got from following a Pearson team, that at least there would be effort and desire.

• Like 1

5th time going, generally seen us lose either 2-0 or 2-1. Upfront we need nacho with another to hold up the ball. 

Just don't get battered tonight please as going out in town with couple of scousers afterwards