Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Liverpool (A) - 30th Dec- Pre-match thread

As we have no decent RW, just go 3-5-2 (or whatever you want to call it) and have Nacho and Daka/Vardy up top

Ward

Amartey Cags Faes

Castagne.               Thomas

Youri    Bouba.   KDH

Nacho. Daka/Vardy

That looks a bit naff, but what you gonna do?

• Like 1

I think Brendan will go very defensive and line up something like below - 

Ward

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

KDH

Castagne

Vardy

Barnes

i think we will sit deep and look to play on counter, front 2 will be isolated, we will barely lay a glove on them and Brendan will be delighted to come away with a 2-0 defeat 

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

To be fair I thought that for the game last season, when we won 1-0. But there’s no feeling that you got from following a Pearson team, that at least there would be effort and desire.

Missus took the piss yesterday when I said fair play anyone going tomorrow. She said you did the same about six years ago around New Years. 

Difference of course then was we were in the bottom three but the effort by players was worthy of the effort going to the game. Nevertheless a 2-2 draw 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Missus took the piss yesterday when I said fair play anyone going tomorrow. She said you did the same about six years ago around New Years. 

Difference of course then was we were in the bottom three but the effort by players was worthy of the effort going to the game. Nevertheless a 2-2 draw 

We were in a really bad run of results and despite such criminal penalties given against us, some class goals got us back in it, not against the run of play either! 
However, with hindsight think I put it more down to us playing a Brendan Liverpool team at the time! 

Tielemans, Barnes, Daka, Soumare need to show a bit to get back in the team.

You would have to imagine Maddison is off. Dubai holiday despite zero minutes in wc, trip to ally pally including tv interviews and then injured for newcastle just as window is about to open. Too suss to not be angling for a move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

As we have no decent RW, just go 3-5-2 (or whatever you want to call it) and have Nacho and Daka/Vardy up top

Ward

Amartey Cags Faes

Castagne.               Thomas

Youri    Bouba.   KDH

Nacho. Daka/Vardy

That looks a bit naff, but what you gonna do?

Can't leave Barnes out. Without Maddison he's literally the only player who ever looks like scoring. 

10 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Tielemans, Barnes, Daka, Soumare need to show a bit to get back in the team.

You would have to imagine Maddison is off. Dubai holiday despite zero minutes in wc, trip to ally pally including tv interviews and then injured for newcastle just as window is about to open. Too suss to not be angling for a move.

Wow. He's clearly injured. Loads of players went on holiday. He was training every day with England so didn't get a holiday. Training the week before Newcastle got a problem with his knee. Apart from boxing day how has Barnes got to show more? He's scored in every game we have won and was the only guy against Newcastle who looked like scoring. Youri is quality despite the odd off day, agree about Daka and Soulmate though, would defo have Ndidi and Vardy back for this one.

Can we even muster up a captain who is capable of inspiring the team?

Tielemans being captain is senseless, hes not got it.

I cant think of anyone capable of being a worthy captain if it's not Vardy.

We might as well shuffle the pack a bit and try something different here after the fisting received from Newcastle. I'd like to a see a back 3 and wing backs here and a similar set-up to what we started against Man City. Despite the narrow defeat to a piece of De Bruyne brilliance, that was our best defensive performance of the season. Try to tighten up at the back and build from there.

I'd go with the following:

Ward

Amartey    Faes    Soyuncu

Albrighton    Ndidi    Tielemans   Castagne 

Iheanacho               Barnes

Vardy

I doubt it will happen though as I can't see Rodgers bringing Soyuncu in from the cold to the starting 11. Likewise Iheanacho and Albrighton haven't had a lot of football recently.

Don't expect to get anything tonight points wise, but expect to see a response in performance levels.

Ward

Thomas

Faes

Soyuncu

Castagne 

Mendy

Ndidi

Youri

Barnes

Nacho 

Perez

433 that can switch to a 451 during game with Perez dropping in.

Soumare far too lazy, KDH is just one footed and woefully off form so gone for a midfield 3 of an enforcer in ndidi, keep ball in Mendy and although he's been poor recently our only creativity in youri.

Nacho can hold ball up which we will need where we won't have much of the ball

So many people with different players and formations shows how out of form/unbalanced our squad really is.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg