Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Liverpool (A) - 30th Dec- Pre-match thread

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thought of tonight's potential scoreline is giving me gout.

You’ve done well Flair not to be gouted by now. I’ve just had another load of cheese and chutney to further the crystallisation process 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

KDH or Faes

KDH in the future definitely   but too soon for him now.

Faes- maybe, good call. I like the captain to be from the back as they can see the game better.

Depends how vocal he is.

Vardys a man motivator and can get the best out of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Wow. He's clearly injured. Loads of players went on holiday. He was training every day with England so didn't get a holiday. Training the week before Newcastle got a problem with his knee. Apart from boxing day how has Barnes got to show more? He's scored in every game we have won and was the only guy against Newcastle who looked like scoring. Youri is quality despite the odd off day, agree about Daka and Soulmate though, would defo have Ndidi and Vardy back for this one.

Youri and the comment ‘odd day off’ does not relate to the Youri I have been watching the last 12 months.

Maybe ‘ odd day on it’ is more appropriate.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Youri and the comment ‘odd day off’ does not relate to the Youri I have been watching the last 12 months.

Maybe ‘ odd day on it’ is more appropriate.

Well his form before the world cup was fine, he scored two bangers and was looking back to his best. They were all pretty crummy against Newcastle, I hardly think dropping him will help out cause. I mean who comes in for him? He's still the best we've got in his position, there's little competition in that area at all. ( Or any area really)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ceebeefox said:

Why, in a 3-5-2 do we have to play full backs who can’t attack? I can’t remember Impey and Guppy getting their shorts dirty too much but they got the crosses in and we’re dangerous. Barnes and Perez wing backs and have a go !

Wow can you imagine the belly laughs from Salah and Darwin if we went with that.

I'm not expecting a result, especially with Maddison out. All I'm hoping for a is a better performance. We didn't get out of first gear against Newcastle. Don't make it easy for them tonight and try and stay in the game for as long as possible. Easier said than done obviously. Credit to all the fans travelling up. Up the city 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

Why, in a 3-5-2 do we have to play full backs who can’t attack? I can’t remember Impey and Guppy getting their shorts dirty too much but they got the crosses in and we’re dangerous. Barnes and Perez wing backs and have a go !

Barnes defending makes Guppy look like prime Maldini

• Haha 2

Not sure I've ever been more confident of a defeat, game over in the first 20 minutes and then Liverpool conserve energy for the rest of the game. 

If we had Evans available I reckon we'd go to a back 3 with wing backs but can't see him playing Vestergaard. Unless he goes Ndidi in a back 3, which to be fair wouldn't surprise me. 

Try some different with Barnes on the right so Albrighton can try to help out Thomas is going to need all the help he can get. 

I'd play Vardy in this one just in hope as he loves the bigger games. 

Very worried. We won’t start the same way we may even hold it together for 30+ minutes but only until the we concede the first goal and then we could collapse completely. Hope that doesn’t happen until the 90th minute. The minutes silence before kickoff honoring Pele will be nice atleast. Hope the king can inspire our lot to pull their pants up and fight for some pride.

I don't t have the same foreboding as everyone else. I saw enough resilience in that mini run v Wolves, Everton, Palace, Man City and West Ham to show we can react positively. 

I think on the balance of probability, we'll lose.  But, it's not a given. a defensive outset and no need for panic if we concede early, try and limp the game through to 70 mins  and we have enough respect from anyone in the division to pose worries in the last 20 should the game be on a knife edge.

Besides, they've had largely a poor season. 

Fwiw, tight tactical games need Mendy. I'd start with him sat behind a slightly more advanced midfield of youri, KDH and Wilf

Edited by Paninistickers
Mendy

Sadly, I'm genuinely expecting 4-0 or 5-0 by half-time.

Liverpool generally start games very quickly. They did so against Villa and basically look to score early and then control the game. 

Nunez didn't finish well against Villa but he ran the channels a lot and was all over the front line. Much like Vardy used to to spread the defence.

With Salah on one side, Nunez central or on the other side, I can just think our defence will be overran and overworked. Wouldn't surprise me if we went 5-4-1.

Ward

Castagne - Amartey - Ndidi - Faes - Thomas

Perez - KDH - Tielemans - Barnes

Vardy or Daka

It's not going to be pretty. It's not going to be exciting on our side. It'll be convincing for Liverpool and we'll make things easy for them. We're easy to break down and if Liverpool don't do it in the first 15-20 minutes, they're just relentless enough to get the breakthrough.