Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Liverpool (A) - 30th Dec- Pre-match thread

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Can i just ask what straw broke the camel's back?... we all come here to argue.

Guessing it is the Lacklustre birds you fancy off the telly thread. 

Or that we all dont say we will win every game 10 nil lol

Jokes, all the best to him!

Can anyone give me any decent reason to watch the game tonight please? I hate seeing us lose and I hate gutless, pathetic performances like we saw boxing day. Can anyone convince me tonight will be any different given the players we have available? 

Last year on Boxing Day we lost by 3 goals to a Middle Eastern owned team who’d spent hundreds of millions on their squad with no regard for financial fair play, then a few days later we beat Liverpool.

This year on Boxing Day we lost by 3 goals to a Middle Eastern owned team who’d spent hundreds of millions on their squad with no regard for financial fair play, and a few days later….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I was about to eat a sugar cookie the missus made when she said why don't your decorate it. We have some icing gel the kids used to decorate their cookies.

My updated prediction..

20221230_124338.jpg

I love your optimism that you actually think we will score 🤣

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Last year on Boxing Day we lost by 3 goals to a Middle Eastern owned team who’d spent hundreds of millions on their squad with no regard for financial fair play, then a few days later we beat Liverpool.

This year on Boxing Day we lost by 3 goals to a Middle Eastern owned team who’d spent hundreds of millions on their squad with no regard for financial fair play, and a few days later….

....Someone posts a pic of vera duckworth in the birds you fancy off the telly thread?

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

No offence but the missus won't be worrying anyone on bake off this year! 

I dont know if it was a sugar cookie actually lol

She's actually a really good baker (not at bake off levels) but this was some recipe she made out of one of the kids magazines they get bi-monthly. They insisted on making it. Flour sugar, cream cheese probably other stuff. I am happy with it lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Need some positivity! 

Thanks for that but it's not enough to make me watch. Got a week off work this week and don't want these spineless tossers ruining my family time 🤣. But that's enough about my wife and kids 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Thanks for that but it's not enough to make me watch. Got a week off work this week and don't want these spineless tossers ruining my family time 🤣. But that's enough about my wife and kids 🤣

Lmfao. I am off the past week as well so get it.

2 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Nor can I but if we play well,and show more passion and aggression I'll be happy .

Honestly, stupid jokes aside i would love it if we won or picked up a point. It's football so anything is possible. Not overly confident on that though but hope they prove me wrong!

Edited by Jattdogg

21 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Can anyone give me any decent reason to watch the game tonight please? I hate seeing us lose and I hate gutless, pathetic performances like we saw boxing day. Can anyone convince me tonight will be any different given the players we have available? 

Because, if by some miracle we rediscover some form and passion and thrash them you’ll always kick yourself for not watching “that historic game” where Amartey scored a hattrick, Ward kept a clean sheet by saving three penalties, Perez scored goal of the season by dancing past every opposition player, starting in his own half, before teeing up himself for an overhead kick and Faes killed a man. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think Brendan will go very defensive and line up something like below - 

Ward

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

KDH

Castagne

Vardy

Barnes

i think we will sit deep and look to play on counter, front 2 will be isolated, we will barely lay a glove on them and Brendan will be delighted to come away with a 2-0 defeat 

...I  would not look to play Ndidi in the backline,  he is going to try and win the ball in the box by going to ground, natural instinct!!!

Play them on the counter with Barnes and Albrighton stretching the pitch with Daka and Perez linking upfront.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Because, if by some miracle we rediscover some form and passion and thrash them you’ll always kick yourself for not watching “that historic game"

I'll run that risk.

Friday night is movie night, I'll keep half an eye on the score on my tablet. I reckon Liverpool will rip us apart; they're fast and physical, exactly the sort of side we can't handle. Fingers crossed they have an off day. 

• Like 1