Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, Lako42 said:

More anti board vocals at Everton who survived. 

We are so Tinpot its cringe worthy 

A board that has also spent an absolute fortune on players and a brand new stadium.

Big club mentality.  

Something needs to change in the stands big time.  

Just now, purpleronnie said:

And next season the clappers and loyalty flags will be back out, everyone in their seat and clapping along....and the opposing fans laughing.  And we'll go from premier League tinpot to Championship tinpot.

The board deserve 20% attendance at home games next season.

Mind you with our lack of leadership they'd only realise it next April.

If the club persist with the clappers, flags, and fcuking goal music then I'll not bother with home games.  If they scrap it and we just leave this matchday experience crap behind, I'll gladly go for a season ticket. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

**** me the stadium announcements today about invading the pitch were embarrassing. Do the club realise half the ground will be empty next season?

lol Announcing that "we have cameras everywhere, just don't do it please", at H/T was fairly funny. As was the legion of unfit, randomly assembled ShowSec staff surrounding the pitch, which looked as if to have been mass employed from A La Carte Recruitment at short notice.

Atmosphere at the start of second halfs is a problem in my opinion. I know we started slow today but it was the same as Everton. Leading a game with 45mins of football to see out a result we seem flat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pontus83 said:

I love how all the slagging off of the fans who went to the game comes from armchair fans. I didn’t clap and wouldn’t have if we stayed up, but at least the fans who clapped actually turned up and supported their team. 

"Supported" would be a very generous verb to apply to the most vocally pro-board/players applauding after our relegation was confirmed. Didn't hear a peep from them during the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

There was a chap next to me after relegation was confirmed who summed it all up for me.

Lovely man, seemingly, but he was clapping along and said "oh you've gotta support them haven't you. I'll never boo. You're not going to boo are you?"

I did not boo, I had no energy to waste on that rabble in the middle of the pitch, and I was stunned at the level of bending over that was taking place around the stadium as we warmly applauded 18th place, a place in the championship and 22 losses.

He summed all those applauding up. Relegation was just the end to another season. "Unlucky lads" mentality, rather than being angry that a club has been mismanaged so badly we were relying on Bournemouth scoring to keep us up. Pathetic.

It's this attitude that means we will always be an average club, no passion for the club and certainly no ambition. Very sad to see from the fanbase. We should be demanding more, not saying CL every season or winning league titles but to push the club to their max capabilities, wise spending, good transfer business, solid manager appointments, enhancing the matchday experience etc.

Nothing will change next season. We'll be lingering around mid table with little ambition but most people will be satisfied because Leicester were in League One once.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

This is now likely to be an unpopular opinion but I thought the atmosphere was pretty good for the first 60 minutes or so - really loud and the fans got behind the team. After Everton scored it seemed to take the wind out of anyone’s sails

Not unpopular at all. I thought the first half was fantastic and shows what the section can do. I hope we can see some more positive football next season and we go for it from the off on the atmosphere side. Give us real home advantage again.

• Like 1

Always thought it but our fanbase is horrific on the whole. Everyone lauded us for the title season but let's not act like any other club in our situation wouldn't have had just as good an atmosphere.

I'm all for do what you want to do at the football, but this constant need to look like the better person from certain sections of our fanbase is just bizarre. I do wonder how much the title sucked out passion from a lot of people who are just there for the routine and now realise they'll never experience the likes of that again.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I can’t believe how many stayed in the ground until relegation was confirmed then stood there clapping the players.

We have got a proper weird fan base, a massive part of the problem. Look at the Leeds crowd yesterday, absolutely laid into the players at the end.

Some sections of our fan base have this weird perception that we don’t belong in the top flight. It’s annoying. 

I see posts like “yeah but our owners did this”, “without our owners we’d be in the championship” it’s all shit. This club has played in the third tier once in its history, we are historically a top division/second division side. We are not overachieving being in the PL, we are not a club like Wigan or Wimbledon that have come from non league to play in the top flight. People seem to accept relegation.

I didn’t stay, I watched the end of the Bournemouth game in the concourse then left. These players and board don’t deserve clapping. I said throughout the season, regardless of manager, these players are a disgrace. The only people I feel anything for is Smith/Shakespeare/Terry who had so little time to turn us around but even then they messed up not beating either Everton or Leeds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody did anything at the board. About 50 people chanted Rudkin out for 90 seconds, wow.

Our freak fans attack people calling the board out. Forest away, Brentford away, Palace away, yesterday. 

• Like 1