Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, Trelleh said:

Absolutely diabolical, was watching on foxes hub and I thought we were playing in wales. Flatter than Miley Cyrus’ arse.

Our away support is tremendous, up there with the best in the country. But compared to our home support, it’s like two completely different sets of supporters.

Our stadium looks like an old people’s care home. Average age has to be 50+. Not saying that’s the main reason as there are younger people who just sit on their arse too and contribute nothing but fuvk me we must have the oldest fan base in England 

1 minute ago, Trelleh said:

Absolutely diabolical, was watching on foxes hub and I thought we were playing in wales. Flatter than Miley Cyrus’ arse.

Our away support is tremendous, up there with the best in the country. But compared to our home support, it’s like two completely different sets of supporters.

It totally depends where you are in the ground. I know it gets repeated ad infinitum but the singing section is only loud two blocks either side of it. Same with the away fans.You can't hear L further away than K. All you can hear on effects mike's on TV is clapping. The only way this changes is changing the roof,adding tiers or moving to a totally new ground with better acoustics. Old debates.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Our stadium looks like an old people’s care home. Average age has to be 50+. Not saying that’s the main reason as there are younger people who just sit on their arse too and contribute nothing but fuvk me we must have the oldest fan base in England 

football has priced out a lot of sections of society. then if you consider how difficult it is to get a season ticket if you dont already have one, its no surprise

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

I'll stop going then,  71 year old fkin pensioner.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Oi nowt wrong with over 50's.😡

We can still make noise.

Most of you younger ones are too coked up and posing to the away fans until it kicks off then sh1t themselves.

Well said mate 👍 Anyway, matron has just arrived with the Horlicks, so I'll be on mi way......

Edited by steveherbe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

First half was good, second half was flat until KDH's run but that was undoubtedly due to everyone having wind knocked out of them by their goal.

What is said about us is said about other stadiums - they're not good carriers of noise. SK1 were great and over in north stand were good. It does travel and you get pockets of noise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steveherbe said:

Having been there, seen it and done it. Think the young uns may be a bit jealous. 

Most of them are too busy virtue signalling Mother Superiors. Insulting fans that were watching City while they were in nappies is their speciality. Wouldn't let them get under your skin to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Is it obligatory to sing when you go to watch a football match? Perhaps stewards could eject you if you don't? 

You may laugh, but my son treated me to a meal and a seat with the prawn sandwich brigade for my 60th birthday. First and last time. We dared to stand up when we scored and interrupted the view of Mr and Mrs prawn sandwich behind us who then proceeded to complain to the prawn sandwich stewards who told us that we were now being watched by CCTV and any such behaviour would result in us being ejected. When the game finished I said to Mr prawn sandwich."I'll see you next week at turf moor plastic supporter" knowing full well he wouldn't be anywhere near Burnley. Me and my son were there. We we're also told to leave and would not be allowed in with the select few for after match drinks. Cost my son a lot of money for that afternoon and we certainly didn't enjoy it. Says a lot about our football club.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2