Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I’ll probs get called a wokey snowflake too but there were far too many jokes around me about the referee and corner shops today. It’s 2023 guys. I wish I’d have said something. 

Staggering that people still think that way.... Even more so when he's probably been the best referee in the league for us this season. You can always raise the issue with the club after the fact, but I would have 0% confidence in them doing anything 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

Absolutely disgusting why do “fans” go and not even join in any chants at all most of them look miserable are they just going out of habit. I had a couple sharing a ****ing blanket for ****s sake I know it has been bad but I was embarrassed by the lack of atmosphere and loads leaving early you’d have thought we’d lost 4-0 not won.

**** me were you in the west stand? This season I've been joined by two nattering elderly gimps that bring half a campsite worth of packups and a stinkin knitted blanket, after the second goal they actually seemed annoyed we scored because they had to stand up! 

• Haha 3

On 30/11/2023 at 13:57, grobyfox1990 said:

Why worry about them? Despite all the coach 1 blanket comments on here our away ends always appear to be rammed full of boogie bus boys in trackies on their phones and recording voice notes on whatsapp. As you say, our home an away attendances are always sold out, so there's no worry about succession of fans.

You got into football because of the atmosphere, quite clearly these days young people go to the football to say they've gone to the football. Things change.

True, football is a microcosm of society isn't it. For a variety of reasons, people cannot just lose themselves in the football and back the team they support for a couple of hours a week anymore. 

The sad part is that I genuinely think mine and many others' fanaticism (brought about due to the aforementioned atmospheres) made the Pearson years and beyond so fvcking enjoyable, and the future fanbase just won't have that, or it doesn't feel like it right now at least... 

• Like 3

I was adjacent to SK1 in east stand and the noise DID transfer a bit.

To my mind, if the club genuinely want to improve things, stick another 2 or so singing sections around the ground. One in the opposite corner and maybe one in the East/West. 

Yes, you'll have different songs going at once but you'll have the noise. 

I did notice that after some of the quiet ones near me left around 80 mins, others got bolder singing as I took my voice up and shouted. 

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

True, football is a microcosm of society isn't it. For a variety of reasons, people cannot just lose themselves in the football and back the team they support for a couple of hours a week anymore. 

The sad part is that I genuinely think mine and many others' fanaticism (brought about due to the aforementioned atmospheres) made the Pearson years and beyond so fvcking enjoyable, and the future fanbase just won't have that, or it doesn't feel like it right now at least... 

Weird that this doesnt translate to other countries though, even scotland have a huge numbers of young fans with many of them part of supporter groups.

It seems like its an english thing.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I was adjacent to SK1 in east stand and the noise DID transfer a bit.

To my mind, if the club genuinely want to improve things, stick another 2 or so singing sections around the ground. One in the opposite corner and maybe one in the East/West. 

Yes, you'll have different songs going at once but you'll have the noise. 

I did notice that after some of the quiet ones near me left around 80 mins, others got bolder singing as I took my voice up and shouted. 

Would probably help if the club didn't actively try to discourage fans from moving season tickets to the singing section.

'You don't want to sit there mate'. Genuine quote.

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Weird that this doesnt translate to other countries though, even scotland have a huge numbers of young fans with many of them part of supporter groups.

It seems like its an english thing.

Is it because tickets for us and many english teams are so difficult to acquire? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Is it because tickets for us and many english teams are so difficult to acquire? 

Doesnt really equate to that many clubs though, plenty of clubs at our level and lower down that have lots of empty seats.  Maybe price is the issue there?, don't know.  For me its a cultural issue.  And maybe even a genetic one, we are notoriously reserved.:D

43 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I ****ing love leaving 5 minutes early, miss the traffic,  on the road back the Sheff nice and early, my 6 year old lad get home at a time that's not ridiculous, splendid 

If you park further away you miss the traffic anyway.

• Like 1

Why do some get tetchy when they see some leave a few minutes or so early?

You never know, it might have been a family issue etc that the early leavers were needing to attend to.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wymsey said:

You never know, it might have been a family issue etc that the early leavers were needing to attend to.

The family stand was literally half empty on 80 minutes ffs

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The family stand was literally half empty on 80 minutes ffs

Perhaps so, but am not sure why it affects those who complain about those leaving early so much.

They're not obliged to leave at the final whistle.

It's their lives, let them get on with it.

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Half the stadium had gone by 85 minutes, if there's family issues for 16k people then Leicestershire police and LRI are having a busy night