Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I can see both points of view… I don’t think the football is that exciting, but I’d rather be winning most weeks playing this way than losing … and not only that, Maresca is very early in his tenure here, it’s going to take time to get to where he wants to be. 

But, I don’t think he should keep going on about the atmosphere, his job is to win games, not get pats on the back - just win and not worry about anything else. 

On the atmosphere itself, has it ever been that good, other than big games or the 2015/16 season? (And the back end of great escape)

Man City fans get this from Pep, Klopp has had a moan at Liverpool home support… sometimes if there’s not much happening - the crowd get a bit bored.

Anyway, I for one, just hope he’s letting out some frustration, potentially built up by what’s happening above him in terms of players not leaving / leaving - new players coming in etc. Knowing Top & Rudkin, he’d been sold a dream, not the reality 

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

Honestly some of the comments last night were laughable. My favourite was the lads near the back of the kop moaning about how bad the atmosphere whilst also spending the full first half discussing their holiday plans and weekend plans with the kids. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Honestly some of the comments last night were laughable. My favourite was the lads near the back of the kop moaning about how bad the atmosphere whilst also spending the full first half discussing their holiday plans and weekend plans with the kids. 

This is another massive issue, people moaning about the atmosphere but doing nothing to change it. Ive got no voice this morning and the only ones who are probably the same is UFS, might as well join them! 

• Like 1

I hate it. 

Just watched the highlights back and it really is awful to look at. Half-arsed cheers followed by that hideous slappy cardboard sound when there’s a goal.

You can see the disappointment in the faces of the South Stand when we’re awarded the penalty. “Oh ffs please don’t make me get up”

Thousands of lifeless NPCs in their generic blue hats. 

Then look how empty it is for Swansea’s goal. Those that stayed until the final whistle are in the minority. 

Must be that boring football that’s led to 6 goals in the last two games.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm going to the cinema tonight. But I'm going to leave before I find out whodunnit in the twist at the end.

You wouldn't do it! So why at football? Especially at games where it's 1-0 or 1-1.  A lot can happen in 10 mins

I've always thought our fanbase is really weird, there's so many people who religiously go down to watch us every week but that also seemingly don't have any real passion or interest in football as a whole. Like they will watch Leicester but have no idea what's going on when we're passing it around at the back and get angry that we're not booting the ball up the pitch or shooting from 20/30 yards every time there's a chance to. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc278 said:

I've always thought our fanbase is really weird, there's so many people who religiously go down to watch us every week but that also seemingly don't have any real passion or interest in football as a whole. Like they will watch Leicester but have no idea what's going on when we're passing it around at the back and get angry that we're not booting the ball up the pitch or shooting from 20/30 yards every time there's a chance to. 

You get them everywhere. At Wolves I call them the "gerrit forwards!!" brigade. Of course of a ball is played forwards and you lose it they moan. 

I used to sit near an absolute nob that when the ball came anywhere near the touchline around the half way line he'd scream "switch it!!!.... switch it!!!" over and over even if there was no option or even time for it. He could see a player on the opposite side of the pitch with plenty of room and obviously thought that the ball just instantly travels over there without the opposition ever moving. Moron.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Two corners of the ground singing or chanting different tunes has had a negative effect on atmosphere. Fact

Great contribution by L1 again (and SK 4) showing how it should be done.

The small singing section in SK1 try their best but surely physically or singing along with L1 makes more sense?

The murmured inaudible Winks epic needs binning 

I’m in SK4, it was silent all night. Only peep out of L1 I heard was singing god save the king. SK1 carried the whole thing, as per. Let go of the agenda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

Is this the reason why we keep on conceding late goals because there is nobody left in the crowd?

I think you might have misjudged what said. I didn’t say conceding late goals because there is nobody left, what I would edge towards is they concede late goals because they are playing in a church.. perhaps if there was any noise past the 70th minute then it might encourage the team along the home straight (as noise encourages performance and not vice versa)

I didn’t go last night but what else can happen? Instead of views on what the crowd can do, how about we write on here what the club can do to help the atmosphere? 

Do people want a manager that may play more speedy football but loses possession more? What about Steve Evans? would everyone be happy with him? 

What about Dean smith back? Or how about try for xavi alonso, the style he’s got Bayer Leverusen playing is decent? 

The reason I’m suggesting managers is because clearly people have have a problem with Enzo because it can’t be anything else? 

May I suggest something, and it’s only so something small but we have a whole topic of god knows how many new songs and chants on here but barely any make it into the stadium.. when you see other clubs do it, 20 lads sit in a pub and record themselves.. that’s how it gets publicity.. the song book needs expanded rather than a refresh.. maybe some are getting slightly deflated with the same songs.. but once again that’s feedback and not a dig.. 

I am baffled at what else to say, as with others on this forum that’s been going round in circles for 275 pages and 14 months.. 

Norhing will change, at the end of the day it’s the people who walk out on 75-85 mins who complain week in week out that the club ain’t good enough.. same thing been said 100 times, why bother parting with your money? 

Just now, Nugent said:

Fighting a losing battle with the ground full of ****** like this:

image.png.591066ba592cbc4441a02ad4b0e681c9.png

Any evidence that "David Weston" is a match goer or just another twitter keyboard warrior?

We take things we see on social media far too seriously.

59 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I can see both points of view… I don’t think the football is that exciting, but I’d rather be winning most weeks playing this way than losing … and not only that, Maresca is very early in his tenure here, it’s going to take time to get to where he wants to be. 

But, I don’t think he should keep going on about the atmosphere, his job is to win games, not get pats on the back - just win and not worry about anything else. 

On the atmosphere itself, has it ever been that good, other than big games or the 2015/16 season? (And the back end of great escape)

Man City fans get this from Pep, Klopp has had a moan at Liverpool home support… sometimes if there’s not much happening - the crowd get a bit bored.

Anyway, I for one, just hope he’s letting out some frustration, potentially built up by what’s happening above him in terms of players not leaving / leaving - new players coming in etc. Knowing Top & Rudkin, he’d been sold a dream, not the reality 

Do you think if it was Man City vs Liverpool in the PL, 1st vs 2nd, with the game in the balance at 1-0, with 5 mins to go the stadium would be half empty? 

It's insane. 

The club have got what they wanted. 

Certain members of the club hierarchy have promoted certain demographics, whilst seemingly demonising other demographics of the fan base. 

You only have to look at photos of our away ends and you’ll realise 👍 

Then you’ll see why the atmosphere is so bad. 

• Like 3

It's pretty crap. Even my Mum, who's 77 and a quite a typical humourless Leicestershire type, complains about the atmosphere. And just a lot of quite weird stuff too - like I said in the Stolarczyk thread, guy behind me at Millwall who was slating him non stop and said Ward was better. Someone a few weeks ago shouting "get it in the box you Chelsea twat" at Casadei. Who are these people? 

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

The club have got what they wanted. 

Certain members of the club hierarchy have promoted certain demographics, whilst seemingly demonising other demographics of the fan base. 

You only have to look at photos of our away ends and you’ll realise 👍 

Then you’ll see why the atmosphere is so bad. 

What is this cryptic message? 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If people aren't up for singing while we're top of the league and beating all-comers purely because they're spending their time still thinking about the previous manager, then frankly they're beyond help.

Agreed. 
Happy to sing my heart out every week sat in SK1 where thankfully it’s still a decent atmosphere.

I was just observing the ground as a whole really and seeing the difference in the other sections compared to previous ones. 

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I was back in my usual seat in SK2 after trying the singing section in the FA Cup and what a difference.

I still chant and try to get behind the lads but it’s pretty much me singing and that’s it.

My mate and I looked at getting a permanent swap into the singing section but the club said there were only seats a considerable distance from each other which wouldn’t work for me and my mate. The guy on the phone said he was expecting a lot of movement there next season!

My suggestion would be to get in touch with Jim directly. In various meetings with the club we have been told there is space to relocate in (and looking at availability when it goes on members sale, there seem to be enough spots to move into).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ousefox said:

I think the main issue is that our fans have been spoilt and we shouldn't be anywhere near this league. 

I'm struggling to understand how the club let us get relegated and this season to me has been a total waste of time. I fully expected us to demolish the league with this team - this isn't to say Enzo hasn't done a brilliant job in doing this, but I'm not excited by it.

The club let us down and set us back several years by shocking mismanagement. This season to me shouldn't be happening and it's not something to get excited about. So to be honest I fully understand fans who bother to turn up, see us well up against some of the fodder I've seen in this league and want to get home early. 

Might be an unpopular view, and it is a bit embarrassing watching it, but I get it. 

I strongly suggest those people who don't get excited by going to watch us simply give up their ST's. If I was paying £100's for something I don't enjoy I should be questioning my life decisions.

If you can't support your team in good and bad, then don't bother. Glory fans can go to one of the more successful clubs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's pretty crap. Even my Mum, who's 77 and a quite a typical humourless Leicestershire type, complains about the atmosphere. And just a lot of quite weird stuff too - like I said in the Stolarczyk thread, guy behind me at Millwall who was slating him non stop and said Ward was better. Someone a few weeks ago shouting "get it in the box you Chelsea twat" at Casadei. Who are these people? 

**** off Winks I heard last night - utterly amazed at that 

11 hours ago, kyleolly said:

He hates our fans apart from the singing section and the fans that go to away games and that creates abit of a divide 

So, he only likes the actual fans who turn up to support the team and doesn't like the moaning bastards who couldn't even spell UEFA but think they know football better than the guy with a UEFA pro license? Shocking.