Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Even got belted out at Trent Bridge during Leicestershire's Cup final in September. Imagine it's the first time an Argentine footballer's name has ever been chanted at a cricket match.

Leicester Boys Are We mentions the league win. You're right though, we should sing way more about it.

You know villa have that, the villa boys form Aston, conquered Europe in 1982. We should have something similar for the premier league win. 

23 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I wonder if we'll have an empty ground for the trophy lift.

Talking of trophy lift, it’s sad when you have to book the whole weekend off work to get to it, but ain’t missing it.. Anyone else having to book holidays? 

I can’t imagine it will remain Saturday 3pm kick off so have booked the Sunday off too just in case.. 

3 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Talking of trophy lift, it’s sad when you have to book the whole weekend off work to get to it, but ain’t missing it.. Anyone else having to book holidays? 

I can’t imagine it will remain Saturday 3pm kick off so have booked the Sunday off too just in case.. 

I'd imagine that game is a dead cert for TV and will be moved

18 hours ago, Joe_1992 said:

Get rid of those shit clappers. Feel like people that use them think they are contributing to the atmosphere but they’re really not.

Yesterday was my first time this season not going to a home game and it really is silent other than SK1 it feels like of the 28,000 that were there 1,500 sing and 26,500 people are silent all game. I also noticed that when UFS were singing come on Leicester boys make some ****ing noise the amount of people singing sounded no louder but the clappers got much louder just proves that people think if they hit their clapper they are doing enough for the atmosphere they really need binning off 

• Like 2

The clappers have always been awful. Even when people talk of how good it was 2015 time the caveat is they were a part of it. I will concede that they got more people involved but they just supplemented the general laziness. We never get a large part of the ground actually sing anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I correlate the poor atmosphere with the arrivals of watered down 2.8% beer 

yes we tested a pint and the beer was  2.8% abv 

I have reported the club to trading standards today 

Wow, this sounds interesting. Any chance you could add some detail and start a new thread? More likely to gain traction.

19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I correlate the poor atmosphere with the arrivals of watered down 2.8% beer 

yes we tested a pint and the beer was  2.8% abv 

I have reported the club to trading standards today 

What beer was it

20 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

As others have said it's a nationwide problem.  Passion for the game has gone.  People don't REALLY give much of a fuq these days.  I honestly overhear more people casually talk about the Darts, NFL or F1 personally.   

Ticket prices, VAR, Sky's decline and obsession with the big 6, FFP, bloated calendar, corruption, absurd player wages etc etc etc it's all been building to this.  The sport has become...distant...something to casually watch every now and again.

The people are bored.  

This is interesting and I've noticed something similar. People don't seem that invested. Social media has created this kind of diffused mush of a culture where everybody knows something about everything and only briefly get interested when there's something new and exciting. Like a dog distracted by something shiny.

It's also on TV too much. It's like the overplayed clip from Mitchell and Webb. All the football all the time. Add that to the lack of competition in the PL and to be perfectly honest it can be a bit boring.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It seemed to me that a load got up bang on 85 minutes and left - It's like remote controlled zombies. 

I know it's been said but do they leave 5 / 10 minutes early in other aspects of their lives like at the cinema, going out for dinner, on the job etc

It's absolutely bizarre. 

Leicester ‘til 85

I’m Leicester ‘til 85

I know I am I’m sure I am

I’m Leicester ‘til 85

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Won’t we lift it at the game where we’re confirmed as champions? I always thought that was standard but can’t recall an example now. 

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

All games on final day are played at the same time like any other league, 3rd May 2014 when we played Doncaster was a Saturday and they were midday kick offs then, no idea when the EFL kick off now on final day but I think it will still be a Saturday fixture list.

TV will be dictated by other important games I’d guess Leeds v Southampton will be up there for tv coverage and anything riding on promotion, relegation.

Edited by promised land

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Won’t we lift it at the game where we’re confirmed as champions? I always thought that was standard but can’t recall an example now. 

No. Always last home game (or away game if not decided by final game and that game is away).

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

All those who leave should be ejected before the trophy is brought out.

Have they not decided already to eject themselves....do we drag them back in and then kick them out lol

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Be the Blackburn game start of May.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The clappers have always been awful. Even when people talk of how good it was 2015 time the caveat is they were a part of it. I will concede that they got more people involved but they just supplemented the general laziness. We never get a large part of the ground actually sing anything.

The amount of adults who use them is remarkable. The youngsters I get- if I was 12-14 and had been going for 6/7 years then they would appeal to me, I'm sure- but blokes who have presumably been going for several decades whacking folded up card is a truly bizarre look and we have thousands of them.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

The amount of adults who use them is remarkable. The youngsters I get- if I was 12-14 and had been going for 6/7 years then they would appeal to me, I'm sure- but blokes who have presumably been going for several decades whacking folded up card is a truly bizarre look and we have thousands of them.

Fanbase is full of weirdos like that