Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest Fox99
On 04/05/2023 at 08:30, Daggers said:

Are they fvck as like.

The club likes to try to give the impression it listens to feedback - but the entire reason we are in this abject mess is that it doesn’t, and hasn’t for a few years. Way to many self satisfied incompetents running departments staffed by forelock tugging arse kissing incompetents. They hide from genuine criticism.

Just to go back to this, I was basing that original comment on a recent experience at the club. Although I came away with a positive impression, it didn't represent the club as a whole - I perhaps should have been clearer on that.

The last few home and away games have been a much better atmosphere ... despite us hardly setting the world alight.

Whether we stay up (unlikely) or go down (more likely), I'm just glad that the morale-sapping fraud has left our club.   The last 2 years have been some of the most boring, tedious, utterly stultifying dross ever.

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The last few home and away games have been a much better atmosphere ... despite us hardly setting the world alight.

Whether we stay up (unlikely) or go down (more likely), I'm just glad that the morale-sapping fraud has left our club.   The last 2 years have been some of the most boring, tedious, utterly stultifying dross ever.

Lol... Really, were you around for Bryan Hamilton, David Pleat, Gordon Lee, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway et al ? 

On 06/05/2023 at 17:46, The Bear said:

I don't often go away, but as with most away support it's mostly the hardcore and the support is always good and vocal. 

I know we always sell out and you can't get a ticket unless you're an Away STH. 

Actually that isn’t correct. We travelled from Canada and got 5 tickets for the Leeds game based solely on the fact that we were International Members. I was astounded that we could manage to do that…especially for such a critical game. I can only believe that there was very low demand.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Lol... Really, were you around for Bryan Hamilton, David Pleat, Gordon Lee, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway et al ? 

I certainly was.   And whilst the quality of those sides was worse than today's, they didn't spend most of their time slowly rolling the ball sidewards and backwards.   They were just good old-fashioned shite.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

Highlight of the season was certainly the announcement for people to sit down and the whole stadium rose up. 

Guest Fox99

Not meaning to labour these points but with the likely scenario of relegation, it's the thought that in these two remaining home matches we're not even going to retain a level of respect with the awful clappers and goal music. Aside from that though, obviously hope as fans we still give everything on Monday in spite of the predicament and overall feeling towards the club - granted it's become more difficult being as there is now a general consensus of how this season will end for us.

19 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Highlight of the season was certainly the announcement for people to sit down and the whole stadium rose up. 

Wonder what prompted that? Not heard that announcement all season or for recent previous seasons either (unless I wasn't listening). Didn't seem there were more standing up than usual. Perhaps the club have appointed a new head of safety that's never been to a match before. Not sure if other clubs fans are told to sit down. 

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder what prompted that? Not heard that announcement all season or for recent previous seasons either (unless I wasn't listening). Didn't seem there were more standing up than usual. Perhaps the club have appointed a new head of safety that's never been to a match before. Not sure if other clubs fans are told to sit down. 

People stood up in the Family Stand and our H&S manager getting embarrassed in front of the coppers in the control room :)

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just someone being jobsworth to the highest order, nothing else.

Hoping we ensure survival now on the last fixture, prompting a mass pitch invasion if our supporters are up to it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matt said:

The pampered pansies in the King power or the Premier league could n't cope with apologizing to the fans ..... ESPECIALLY if the West stand started Tutting !! 

Edited by coolcol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Why don't the club help the fans create a atmosphere, instead of a few scattered  flags around the ground let everyone have one and a scarf like away games where they get freebiesfans can do their bit to raise the players.

Cost now. A 30,000 seat tifo or scarf is big money.

Atmosphere will not make a difference if the players decide they are not bothered yet again, just have this feeling if a goal goes in early most will hide again, getting rid of the ball like a hot potato  and hoping someone else can do something.

• Like 2