Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Have you listened to You'll Never Walk Alone or Marching On Together outside of matchdays? Both shit. They're made decent because their fans sing it with balls.

I agree YNWA is over rated and a bit of a dirge,  but Marching On Together, I always think is quite upbeat and rousing. Although of course you are right, the Leeds fans all sing it, and with some  gusto.

• Like 1

One of the worst things at the moment is that every little section of the crowd thinks it's better than the bit next it.

Everyone looks down on each other rather than coming together to produce a good atmosphere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The national anthem was so cringe 

Why?

Did they sing the wrong words?

Clearly pre planned to wind the scousers up after National tv reported them booing the N  A during the coronation .  
We don’t sing it at other games so I don’t get why cringy. 
To hear that some of theirs we’re doing helicopters, pre or after our horrid chants, is acceptable though is it?

• Like 1

Just now, old koppite said:

Why?

Did they sing the wrong words?

Clearly pre planned to wind the scousers up after National tv reported them booing the N  A during the coronation .  
We don’t sing it at other games so I don’t get why cringy. 
To hear that some of theirs we’re doing helicopters, pre or after our horrid chants, is acceptable though is it?

Just my opinion. Not sure why you are making the leap that I would find helicopter gestures acceptable? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just my opinion. Not sure why you are making the leap that I would find helicopter gestures acceptable? 

Fair enough- there are usually reasons behind an opinion. 
My opinion is that you were criticising our fans for what was surely banter ( and when we are guilty of far worse) , with the implication that our banter was embarrassing or insulting, and offended their fans , without you taking into account that they behaved in an equally and insensitive way towards us. 
Anyway, all done now and our beloved club is going down , bar a miracle. 

Just now, old koppite said:

Fair enough- there are usually reasons behind an opinion. 
My opinion is that you were criticising our fans for what was surely banter ( and when we are guilty of far worse) , with the implication that our banter was embarrassing or insulting, and offended their fans , without you taking into account that they behaved in an equally and insensitive way towards us. 
Anyway, all done now and our beloved club is going down , bar a miracle. 

I don’t care about insulting their fans I just find chanting it cringe regardless who we are playing. However I do appreciate why it was chanted vs Liverpool.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

One of the worst things at the moment is that every little section of the crowd thinks it's better than the bit next it.

Everyone looks down on each other rather than coming together to produce a good atmosphere.

One of the worst bits now is that it's orchestrated with no spontineaty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

I must admit I rarely goto games these days, I still see every game on a stream but the atmosphere really does kill it for me. 

Those that stay behind and applaud even the weakest of performances such as last night, I just cannot tolerate being sat around these types. It's all done for show, and they think their undying loyalty will somehow be rewarded, they also think they are more of a fan than the ones who don't follow suit. 

Secondly, the music, be it the dirge pre match or the goal music, just fcuk off, everyone celebrates in their own way but it's a celebration killer. 

Next season will be interesting, with potentially a sea of blue seats empty, will we see a continuation of this crap, or do the post PL title fans go back up the road to the Rugby with their prawn sandwiches and the club target their season ticket lapse list from a few years back and try to get some of us back to create an atmosphere, one that is not induced by some god awful noise or piece of cardboard in your hand. 

And if we came back up any positive change would soon be wiped out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

And if we came back up any positive change would soon be wiped out.  

I'd see it as a chance to rebuild on and off the pitch, get back to signing players like Knockaert and Lloyd Dyer, fans favourites who we can connect with. As you say, it'll be wiped out if we go back up, but I just see this as an opportunity now to scrap all this matchday experience nonsense for a while. Clappers and goal music for Rotherham at home is about as tinpot as we can get. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Harrogatefox said:

The various anti Liverpool chants (poverty themed, murderers, always the victim, sign on, singing the national anthem etc) are moronic, thick & embarrassing. This paints us as a club full of uneducated Sun/Daily Mail readers which we aren’t. Poverty very much exists in our city too especially during this cost of living crisis.  Liverpool play for a city that stands up to the vile Tory press. We should take note of this and be in solidarity with the Liverpool supporters. My message to those who are chanting this bile is to cut this shit out as it does our club a great disservice. 

Bang on the money. Superb post

The "feed the scousers" shit is probably the most cringe thing we've ever done (and that's saying something) 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Harrogatefox said:

The various anti Liverpool chants (poverty themed, murderers, always the victim, sign on, singing the national anthem etc) are moronic, thick & embarrassing. This paints us as a club full of uneducated Sun/Daily Mail readers which we aren’t. Poverty very much exists in our city too especially during this cost of living crisis.  Liverpool play for a city that stands up to the vile Tory press. We should take note of this and be in solidarity with the Liverpool supporters. My message to those who are chanting this bile is to cut this shit out as it does our club a great disservice. 

I agree with most of your points, but not re National Anthem- why not sing it to them when they booed it during the coronation celebrations?  It’s an inoffensive football ground micky take .
I hope you’ll agree with me that equally moronic, and deeply hurtful to us are the helicopter gestures they were doing , and other clubs’ fans have done, and our town “being full of xxx” ( I don’t know if that one is still sung).

2 wrongs don’t make etc, but some  Liverpool fans are not the nicest, most considerate and knowledgeable people either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I agree with most of your points, but not re National Anthem- why not sing it to them when they booed it during the coronation celebrations?  It’s an inoffensive football ground micky take .
I hope you’ll agree with me that equally moronic, and deeply hurtful to us are the helicopter gestures they were doing , and other clubs’ fans have done, and our town “being full of xxx” ( I don’t know if that one is still sung).

2 wrongs don’t make etc, but some  Liverpool fans are not the nicest, most considerate and knowledgeable people either. 

Yeah let’s stand with a fan base that does helicopter gestures. Genius hot take. Liverpool fans sing that runway song to Man U fans. If you dig a little deeper you’ll find that they’re equally as twisted but let’s ignore that, I find it bizarre.

And it bears highlighting that most fans don’t sing these songs and the city itself is a Labour stronghold so if stupid people think we’re Tory let them, sanctimonious charlatans. 

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, I didn’t see any helicopter gestures, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Liverpool obviously have their share of arseholes and I could half understand the anti-scouse chants had they done it first.

There were blokes trying to get “always the victim” going from minute one. Then when a mumbled security announcement came over the PA, they finally got their wish. Weirdos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ll be honest, I didn’t see any helicopter gestures, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Liverpool obviously have their share of arseholes and I could half understand the anti-scouse chants had they done it first.

There were blokes trying to get “always the victim” going from minute one. Then when a mumbled security announcement came over the PA, they finally got their wish. Weirdos.

The H&S Manager came on the tannoy to tell people to stop singing about scousers? Regardless of the content of the chanting that's so fair outside his remit that's unreal. Also, has he ever heard of the streisand effect lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The H&S Manager came on the tannoy to tell people to stop singing about scousers? Regardless of the content of the chanting that's so fair outside his remit that's unreal. Also, has he ever heard of the streisand effect lol 

It was something to do with Liverpool fans standing in the gangways I believe 

Just now, Raj said:

FA Rule 3.4 sub section 5a categorically states Do NOT upset the Liverpool fans with chants.

Sub section 5b don't then cry when they respond as our fans do.

• Like 4

And this is why SOME of our fanbase is sooooo weird. Nothing to do with bits of cardboard on seats. Biggest game for a very long time, but obsessed with justifying with 5 year old child singing is ok. But they did it too!!! But let's not upset them!!! Omg!!! Wahhhh!!! What goes through your minds? It's not about them being upset, it's about giving our team the best possible chance of victory. 

Rule 1 of being a decent person don’t sing chants about death and poverty. 

They are the most righteous twats going so don’t try and give them any special treatment. 

Understandably given our track record of signing filth at them; I bet they are delighted we are down. 

• Like 3