Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sub section 5b don't then cry when they respond as our fans do.

100% Agree.

You dish it out- you take it on your many chins(my case anyway!!!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Yeah let’s stand with a fan base that does helicopter gestures. Genius hot take. Liverpool fans sing that runway song to Man U fans. If you dig a little deeper you’ll find that they’re equally as twisted but let’s ignore that, I find it bizarre.

And it bears highlighting that most fans don’t sing these songs and the city itself is a Labour stronghold so if stupid people think we’re Tory let them, sanctimonious charlatans. 

Ha, genius take from you mate! So you elevate my reasoned points into let’s stand with other clubs’ morons!  Yeah, good one. 

The Munich songs are equally as sick. Where did I say I ignored them?

So, voice of reason, what was your take on the N A being sung to them?

Guest Fox99

Echo the sentiments of @SK3Blue in that hopefully going down will initiate a reset off the pitch as much as on it. The matchday experience is so far removed from an authentic atmosphere, so really hope to see the back of clappers and goal music. On the former, with lesser home crowds surely the club won't persist with them? If they decide to, collection points make more sense.

Edited by AlexFT

I thought it was a reasonable away end last night. The fans got behind the team when they could see they were putting in 100% and that we were essentially trying to rope a dope them. I wasn’t sure if the trouble at half time and at the end was over zealous policing (something I’ve experienced up there before) or some fans being dicks. 

On 02/05/2023 at 21:56, MS0204 said:

I did notice (maybe a bit slow) but I’m sure Porto have the same goal music straight after their goals.. I just don’t understand it, everyone is is celebration and the loud music comes on and kills it.. so depressing. 

as I said last night, the announcement for everyone to sit down because some can’t see takes the absolute p1ss. Leicester do realise there is a relegation dog fight going on? So pardon the section if quite frankly people don’t give two hoots if a couple of fans can’t see.. 

...I think VAR as much kills that moment already, hard to celebrate a goal, when you know that they are looking for a reason not to give it!!!

You can understand supporters rising from their seats when a possible chance is on from a breakaway, but it is still an all-seater and it hinders other people from enjoying the spectacle.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty decent too, where was the trouble? Took ages to get out at FT.

It was next to the Newcastle fans - a couple of lads were taken out at half time - I assume for gesturing to the Newcastle fans.Then at full time the police came up and a bloke got very irritate about being man handled by a couple of coppers. He was extremely angry calling them the C and there was a bit of back up from the police - operation over kill it appeared. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Newcastle and St James joining Anfield in the myth stakes 

It appears as though there are a fair % of tourist and sedate fans at both clubs now

The only place I can really remember bouncing over the last few years was when Huddersfield wee promoted. 

Leeds and Wolves have been reasonable too - the rest average at best and some with good reputations - including Everton are shite - although you have to expect them to be good on Sunday  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Newcastle and St James joining Anfield in the myth stakes 

When I saw the flags etc as the players came out, I thought “ this is going to be a cauldron and our lot will roll over “, but for most the game they were quiet and you could hear us! So much for the passionate geordies and best fans  in the country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old koppite said:

When I saw the flags etc as the players came out, I thought “ this is going to be a cauldron and our lot will roll over “, but for most the game they were quiet and you could hear us! So much for the passionate geordies and best fans  in the country. 

Yes it seems as though the fan base for some teams is changing to tourists and the more middle class - probably as they are the ones that can afford it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, old koppite said:

When I saw the flags etc as the players came out, I thought “ this is going to be a cauldron and our lot will roll over “

Flags! Pshaw!

Nobody ever reckons flags are likely to turn our soulless little box into a cauldron!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's always been a library at Newcastle going back a good while. 

New mega rich owners and CL football not even enough. 

I think they made more noise in their celebrations after the game. They quite a big tin pot club now with the half fiasco with the chairman and I assume his sons.