Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, LC1884FC said:

Our freak fans attack people calling the board out. Forest away, Brentford away, Palace away, yesterday. 

While this ownership is here it will continue to happen. People think Top and his family can do no wrong. They’re amazing because we get a free bottle of beer once a season :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Difference between our fanbase, in comparison to Leeds and Everton is the plastic fan invasion of 2016.

Leeds and Everton have always had a big fanbase but if its time to let the board know they have lost their backing, 95% of their fans do it. 

We had some booing, we had some clapping, but a lot of our support now is used to the free mince pie, the beer, the flag, the clapper, and a little dance if we score a goal, it got used to silverware, and the sun always shining because that's all its ever done for them since 2016. 

Hopefully they all clear off to the Etihad or to the Rugby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SK3Blue said:

Difference between our fanbase, in comparison to Leeds and Everton is the plastic fan invasion of 2016.

Leeds and Everton have always had a big fanbase but if its time to let the board know they have lost their backing, 95% of their fans do it. 

We had some booing, we had some clapping, but a lot of our support now is used to the free mince pie, the beer, the flag, the clapper, and a little dance if we score a goal, it got used to silverware, and the sun always shining because that's all its ever done for them since 2016. 

Hopefully they all clear off to the Etihad or to the Rugby. 

Honestly, the state of the fans towards the bottom of SK1 and going round towards G1 is a sight to behold. Would seriously not look out of place at the rugby

Guest Mee-9

That atmosphere first half yesterday was about as good as it gets.

You could feel the goal was coming. Was rocking. But then Everton scored. 

The stadium will still be full if we’re pushing for promotion. 

Modern football and maybe a change in demographic to how fans view football in the modern day era, has changed stadium atmospheres. 

Go and sit in any home end at most grounds and it’s no different. Even sat at places like Anfield, Newcastle etc when they’re going through the motions. It’s no different. The game in the UK isn’t as trivial as it once was. 

Look at the big US sports which have similar sort of coverage, again, it’s family orientated and that’s what the owners have tried to create. 

I know a few people with young families and they love the goal music etc. I get though, why people that have experienced a different era and felt the pure football rather than the commercial experience we are force fed now, don’t like it. 

You actually get that sort of match experience when watching someone like Coalville Town, rather than Leicester now. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

So many posts on here that don't make sense.

Fans that were clapping at the end are plastic and only here for the good times?

Surely these fans would be booing now that their so called good times are over?

Fans that were booing , atleast to me, seem more like the plastic, elitist, only cheer the good times type of supporter.

How dare we still show support for our club after relegation. What morons we must be, eh? For actually showing support.

Shame the majority didn't show that support when it mattered on the pitch for 38 games but rather sat in silence

Edited by Trekerz
  • Like 3

I thought the atmosphere was 1st class yesterday, fans certainly played their part. 

in defence of the fans who did clap, I wasn’t one I hasten to add, however I think a lot was in response to Vardy clapping the fans and too be fair and rightly so, I think they wanted to respond positively to our GOAT. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

As predicted, nice gentle applause at the end.  Sorry for bothering you Premier League, we'll go back to where we belong now.  

As a fanbase we have played a big part in this debacle.  

I didn't fully buy this argument about our fans for the most part because the onus really should be on the board to not be this incompetent. But our fans revealed our true colours yesterday. I knew we were a tame fanbase but we hit an all-time low for me yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I thought the atmosphere was 1st class yesterday, fans certainly played their part. 

in defence of the fans who did clap, I wasn’t one I hasten to add, however I think a lot was in response to Vardy clapping the fans and too be fair and rightly so, I think they wanted to respond positively to our GOAT. 

I thought this, looked like Vardy knew that as well and almost separated himself from rest of squad

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Had enough of seeing that Maddison goal they shoe-horned into the end.

Glad it’s not just me that’s bothered by thislol it’s so out of place, like they’re trying to make it look like Maddison was part of the title winning squad

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Had enough of seeing that Maddison goal they shoe-horned into the end.

That was put in to replace Drinkwaters goal at Chelsea on the final day of the season.

Everything about match day needs an overhaul, thankfully t shirts will be gone next season and hoping fan cam gets binned as well.

As for the poster asking where the fake news came from both half’s, in the kop it was SK1 both times, whether it was deliberate to get a reaction from the crowd or just some bell ends trying to be clever it was utter crap doing it.

Back to a load of empty seats next season, those that came along for the top flight will drift away again to leave us who follow thick and thin.

4 minutes ago, tomtom said:

To all those muppets at the top of G1 and G2

Why the **** were you cheering fake goals you utter bells 🔔 

What the hell was that all about? I couldn’t get a signal on my phone (as usual), so was assuming something good had happened. Twice :dry: then find out afterwards that there was never any Bournemouth goal 

• Like 1