Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

That was put in to replace Drinkwaters goal at Chelsea on the final day of the season.

Everything about match day needs an overhaul, thankfully t shirts will be gone next season and hoping fan cam gets binned as well.

As for the poster asking where the fake news came from both half’s, in the kop it was SK1 both times, whether it was deliberate to get a reaction from the crowd or just some bell ends trying to be clever it was utter crap doing it.

Back to a load of empty seats next season, those that came along for the top flight will drift away again to leave us who follow thick and thin.

It was the top of G1 and G2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomtom said:

Yeah it was, one definitely started towards G2 and then spread. 

I was in the concourse for one of them and some guys walking through with both arms in the air shouting “BOURNEMOUTH HAVE SCORED, BOURNEMOUTH HAVE SCORED!” He did look a bit simple tbf 🤣

2 hours ago, tomtom said:

The first one started at the back of sk1, a woman behind me had a radio and said it was a load of rubbish, then one started in g1, then I think one started in the family stand and the West Ham fans died down a bit

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Goodison Park would have burned down if they got relegated yesterday. That's the difference. 

Hahahah as if!!! They are as terrible as we are and survived due to luck alone yet invaded the pitch whilst shoving toffees up their arses in pure ecstasy at the end. They’ve had years of their owners treating them like utter fools and all they've done in response is light a few flares 

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Happy clappers are the ones in the majority.

Sadly I don’t think they’re the ones that will get fed up with it and stop buying tickets.

But the so called non happy clappers will stop going. Everyone I know over 50 seems to be able to accept this is the reality of supporting a club this size, the under 30 wannabee super fans who haven't got a clue about the history of the club are the problem, new owners, stupid chants etc...Be happy to not see the adults who have only started going since the prem days next season

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Claridge said:

But the so called non happy clappers will stop going. Everyone I know over 50 seems to be able to accept this is the reality of supporting a club this size, the under 30 wannabee super fans who haven't got a clue about the history of the club are the problem, new owners, stupid chants etc...Be happy to not see the adults who have only started going since the prem days next season

Most of the "Under 30s" you describe are old enough and have been supporting the club long enough to remember Brian Little being the manager you insufferable plank.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Not possible. To have a season ticket for the PL, you’d have to have a season ticket for the season we got promoted. 

I’m 35 and I’ve got an issue with the way the club is run at the moment. My earliest memory is around the Blackburn playoff final. 

We can both generalise 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that there’s more to the whole clapping fiasco.

It’s become quite apparent to me that even seeing discussions on here, Twitter and Facebook in recent months, some people just can’t handle any ‘negativity’.

Someone will be calling the club, the owner or Rodgers out based on an objective assessment and another seemingly can’t tolerate it, not because they can disprove what the other has said, but because they just want positivity.

I’m sure there were plenty there clapping yesterday who know it’s been unacceptable, and wouldn’t try to argue against the fact it should never have happened, but they’re just uncomfortable with negativity. So happy clapping keeps them in a nice positive mental space rather than confronting the harsh reality.

And being wrong in their assertions; I think that’s what wound up a lot yesterday. Everyone needs a scapegoat mentally and some decided it should be the signing section 

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that there’s more to the whole clapping fiasco.

It’s become quite apparent to me that even seeing discussions on here, Twitter and Facebook in recent months, some people just can’t handle any ‘negativity’.

Someone will be calling the club, the owner or Rodgers out based on an objective assessment and another seemingly can’t tolerate it, not because they can disprove what the other has said, but because they just want positivity.

I’m sure there were plenty there clapping yesterday who know it’s been unacceptable, and wouldn’t try to argue against the fact it should never have happened, but they’re just uncomfortable with negativity. So happy clapping keeps them in a nice positive mental space rather than confronting the harsh reality.

They listen to people like Lineker, Savage and TalkSport who put the club down and believe it, too. That we are fortunate to be there, have had our fun and oh well, it can't be helped.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Not possible. To have a season ticket for the PL, you’d have to have a season ticket for the season we got promoted. 

Not sure if there is some context I am missing but this isn't true

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’m 35 and I’ve got an issue with the way the club is run at the moment. My earliest memory is around the Blackburn playoff final. 

We can both generalise 

My son got his 1st season ticket at the start of this season...

Yes, i tell him he jinxed us 

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We can both generalise 

You have made that up, lots of people got season tickets for the premier league , they were queueing around the stadium

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Claridge said:

You have made that up, lots of people got season tickets for the premier league , they were queueing around the stadium

Won’t have been massive numbers - when you consider we were selling  out in the Championship to season ticket holders and members