Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

19 minutes ago, Claridge said:

You have made that up, lots of people got season tickets for the premier league , they were queueing around the stadium

Really? I imagine we would've had at least 12,000-15,000 STH at the beginning of the Championship season, and no doubt a few thousand more half season tickets when we were doing so well and promotion looked a certainty. 

What I do think has happened though is that a lot of the regulars before hand have become disinterested because of the sanitization the Club has put in place to dampen the atmosphere at games. I don't think our atmosphere has been great at the KP/Walkers full stop, but on average it was better in the Championship given the lower attendance. Away days were certainly far better in the Championship, now our away ends look just like the home ones, hundreds of old folk wanting to sit down that seem to just be there for a weekend away in another City. 

I think L1 is the greatest example. Yes, it used to be full of your 'Chav types' near Jobba and his drum, but at least they went home and away every week and tried to create an atmosphere. Now L1 is mainly full of people who thought it looked/sounded cool back then, so wanted to be in the 'action', but don't provide the same atmosphere at all. As for the Kop, well that's just full of people who reminisce about the 'Good old days' and for some reason and deluded enough to think that they produce a good atmosphere, despite the fact you can't hear them from any other stand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that there’s more to the whole clapping fiasco.

It’s become quite apparent to me that even seeing discussions on here, Twitter and Facebook in recent months, some people just can’t handle any ‘negativity’.

Someone will be calling the club, the owner or Rodgers out based on an objective assessment and another seemingly can’t tolerate it, not because they can disprove what the other has said, but because they just want positivity.

I’m sure there were plenty there clapping yesterday who know it’s been unacceptable, and wouldn’t try to argue against the fact it should never have happened, but they’re just uncomfortable with negativity. So happy clapping keeps them in a nice positive mental space rather than confronting the harsh reality.

Think people can’t accept their belief system’s being challenged so react by trying to block everything else out.

People have gone all in with the owners especially and don’t want to admit they might be wrong 

6 hours ago, tomtom said:

My son got his 1st season ticket at the start of this season...

Yes, i tell him he jinxed us 

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s alright. I left Leicester for 9 years and came back to last September. Jonah and half 

I left England in 2009,  1st season ticket since was this season.

I'm confident our relegation wasn't caused by any of us. 

This people who say they're here for a good time not a long time. I'm doing the opposite! 

For next season I think we need to bring back the things that made Leicester different for are atmosphere the goal song we have needs binning off and we need to bring back fire by kasabian also need to get rid of the honesty flags and get birch back to doing his speeches before the match (if he is well enough to do so) we need to bring back are good atmosphere like how it was on Sunday to get the players going you could see the players reacted to the atmosphere and when we went quiet from Everton’s goal the players reacted negatively and didn’t play as well 

22 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that there’s more to the whole clapping fiasco.

It’s become quite apparent to me that even seeing discussions on here, Twitter and Facebook in recent months, some people just can’t handle any ‘negativity’.

Someone will be calling the club, the owner or Rodgers out based on an objective assessment and another seemingly can’t tolerate it, not because they can disprove what the other has said, but because they just want positivity.

I’m sure there were plenty there clapping yesterday who know it’s been unacceptable, and wouldn’t try to argue against the fact it should never have happened, but they’re just uncomfortable with negativity. So happy clapping keeps them in a nice positive mental space rather than confronting the harsh reality.

Yeah a lot of it is cope. They'd sooner pretend there was nothing negative going on rather than confront the negatives. It's a shame the club seem to take a similar outlook.

It will be interesting to see how many renew their season tickets , imagine it’ll still be a pretty high %. We have had pretty much the same faces around us in the East Stand for the whole premier league run. Perhaps we need an influx of newer fans to a) bring down the average age b) inject some enthusiasm c) just give the ‘support’ a different feel. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Wasn’t there Sunday so wondered how many were left at the end and what reaction players got. If there is a thread feel free to point me there 

There was the usual stream of fans going down the gangways on 85 mins. At that point Bournemouth might've scored but they probably wouldn't have been bothered as long as they were back in the car. Must be habit. Weird. 

There was a mixed reaction at full time between boos and sympathetic applause. All very strange. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

There was the usual stream of fans going down the gangways on 85 mins. At that point Bournemouth might've scored but they probably wouldn't have been bothered as long as they were back in the car. Must be habit. Weird. 

There was a mixed reaction at full time between boos and sympathetic applause. All very strange. 

I left at full time, they were showing the Everton match on the screens in the concourse so maybe the ones you saw leaving at 85 were stood there watching it.  I didn’t, we carried on out. 

Did the team do a lap after the match or just the usual polite clap to fans around the centre circle?

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

I left at full time, they were showing the Everton match on the screens in the concourse so maybe the ones you saw leaving at 85 were stood there watching it.  I didn’t, we carried on out. 

Did the team do a lap after the match or just the usual polite clap to fans around the centre circle?

No lap of dishonour. Mind you, I wasn't paying attention as I was distracted by the TV screens in the boxes. So depressing. 

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So what I can deduce is that UFS haven't done anything to improve the atmosphere, worse this year than ever before. There has been plenty of unrest in the section, so rather than unite, you have divided. Bravo lads keep up the good work. 

We have a high number of fans who do not want to contribute to an atmosphere but yes, the people that sing makes a worse atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

We have a high number of fans who do not want to contribute to an atmosphere but yes, the people that sing makes a worse atmosphere.

Hardly taken off and inspired all those that don't contribute then have they? Keep being inspired by youtube and trying to force something kidda.

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Hardly taken off and inspired all those that don't contribute then have they? Keep being inspired by youtube and trying to force something kidda.

What should they do, then? Don't forget this YouTube inspired group was created by the club. 

Which songs would get people involved? I'm sure they'd love ideas.

22 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So what I can deduce is that UFS haven't done anything to improve the atmosphere, worse this year than ever before. There has been plenty of unrest in the section, so rather than unite, you have divided. Bravo lads keep up the good work. 

Dread to think what it would be like without their efforts 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Dread to think what it would be like without their efforts 

It would make zero difference to the atmosphere. Whether you like it or not, a large proportion of the fanbase dont want orchestrated sing alongs forced on us by a bunch of kids dressed in all black and old smelly 2nd hand Gazelles. The irony is they go on about tinpot this, tinpot that. They are the epitomy of tinpot, but they are too foolish to realise it. Get rid, and let the rest of us get on with it. Naturally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1