Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

It would make zero difference to the atmosphere. Whether you like it or not, a large proportion of the fanbase dont want orchestrated sing alongs forced on us by a bunch of kids dressed in all black and old smelly 2nd hand Gazelles. The irony is they go on about tinpot this, tinpot that. They are the epitomy of tinpot, but they are too foolish to realise it. Get rid, and let the rest of us get on with it. Naturally. 

A large proportion of the fanbase don't want to sing anything. If they did, the section would get outsung every week.

So get yourself a bigger mob together to outsing them every week if you think that's what people want. That's football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

a large proportion of the fanbase dont want orchestrated sing alongs forced on us

So don't join in their songs then. Nobody's forcing you to do anything

Besides, the singing section has had plenty of uptake and the majority of responses to the singing section survey were in favour of it

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Get rid, and let the rest of us get on with it.

All that "Getting on with it" seems to be without SK1 starting chants nowadays are L1's attempts at banter with the away section, half of the stadium leaving at 80 minutes on the dot, and a great big round of applause for the admirable display on the pitch as we get thumped 4-1 🤷‍♂️

N.B. i am neither a member of the singing section nor of UFS

9 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It would make zero difference to the atmosphere. Whether you like it or not, a large proportion of the fanbase dont want orchestrated sing alongs forced on us by a bunch of kids dressed in all black and old smelly 2nd hand Gazelles. The irony is they go on about tinpot this, tinpot that. They are the epitomy of tinpot, but they are too foolish to realise it. Get rid, and let the rest of us get on with it. Naturally. 

Get on with what?

Aplauding the lads off for wrecking 9 years of hard work?

Fighting over the last t shirt ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

As I said prior, the majority wont have the stomach for the championship.

I know a lot of them personally and met up with them on away days in League One. They're some of the most loyal fans we have.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

There was the usual stream of fans going down the gangways on 85 mins. At that point Bournemouth might've scored but they probably wouldn't have been bothered as long as they were back in the car. Must be habit. Weird. 

Why would so many people leave early for a finely balanced, crucial last match of the season (and with no more home games for 3 months) ?

Apart from a small number of people with good/legitimate reasons ... It's simply what they do.    I think it's as simple as that.  

It used to puzzle me, but it's past logical explanation.

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

Why would so many people leave early for a finely balanced, crucial last match of the season (and with no more home games for 3 months) ?

Apart from a small number of people with good/legitimate reasons ... It's simply what they do.    I think it's as simple as that.  

It used to puzzle me, but it's past logical explanation.

To be fair on this occasion, you going to learn nothing in the stadium but our eventual end goal. It did across my mind at 2-0 Leicester and 1-0 Everton of walking to the nearest pub to watch the Everton game. 

Bin the embarrassing goal music and clappers. Glad we can finally put the clapper myth to bed.

Think certain people who think those in the singing section will clear off next season due to relegation are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So what I can deduce is that UFS haven't done anything to improve the atmosphere, worse this year than ever before. There has been plenty of unrest in the section, so rather than unite, you have divided. Bravo lads keep up the good work. 

Evening Michael hope you're well mate. Good to see you on FT bashing UFS like it's 2014 again :kissing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

A large proportion of the fanbase don't want to sing anything. If they did, the section would get outsung every week.

So get yourself a bigger mob together to outsing them every week if you think that's what people want. That's football.

He's one of the following.

Type A: Wears the club shop to games and thinks anyone who doesn't have a lucky King Power enema before games isn't a true fan. Sits in silence and tuts loudly when someone claps with their hands, before smacking **** out of their clapper at full-time.

Type B: Still bitter his song about Riyad Mahrez being in ISIS didn't take off during the title-winning season. Thinks songs with more than two syllables in them are 'continental bollocks.' 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bin the embarrassing goal music and clappers. Glad we can finally put the clapper myth to bed.

Think certain people who think those in the singing section will clear off next season due to relegation are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Dreading rocking up to the first home game next season and they’re both still here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

It’s always been embarrassing but Sunday took it to a whole other level 

I'd still say playing it (and the usual NPCs actually bouncing around to it) when we pulled it back to 2-1 against Blackburn in the cup was one of the lowest points for me. Absolutely embarrassing, and of course we lost that game.

Delighted to see West Ham take the ever-loving piss out of it though. I want everyone to. The morons in the boardroom probably think they're doing it because it's so great and want to join in, though! 

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

For next season I think we need to bring back the things that made Leicester different for are atmosphere the goal song we have needs binning off and we need to bring back fire by kasabian also need to get rid of the honesty flags and get birch back to doing his speeches before the match (if he is well enough to do so) we need to bring back are good atmosphere like how it was on Sunday to get the players going you could see the players reacted to the atmosphere and when we went quiet from Everton’s goal the players reacted negatively and didn’t play as well 

The club got rid of 'Fire' as the post goal music, because of the helicopter crash, I believe.

1 hour ago, foxy tiler said:

Evening all long time lurker just thought I'd pass a comment regarding UFS. Few times this season I've sat in amongst them due to my nephews ticket going spare. Due to family reasons ect I don't have a season ticket but prob still get to half a dozen games a season and I've been going since the very late 80s early 90s. Having met a few of them and had a drink in duffys with them I've found them to be a pretty decent bunch. Never felt out of place or unwelcome and I'd strongly recommend people try and get to know them. Way I see it they are trying to help create an atmosphere and let's face it its been poor last few years. However they are up against it as most people now just sit or use clappers. Also the hate they get I find baffling. I can only induce its been started by those who had to move seats. It might all die a death but can't fault a group of young uns trying to do something positive. 

I really don't get the negativity it either. I can only liken it to the similar abuse people riding bikes receive. Some people can't be bothered to get up and do something for themselves, and also want to stop those that have it in them to make a difference.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2