Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

On 29/05/2023 at 17:39, FoxyLeon said:

Really? I imagine we would've had at least 12,000-15,000 STH at the beginning of the Championship season, and no doubt a few thousand more half season tickets when we were doing so well and promotion looked a certainty. 

What I do think has happened though is that a lot of the regulars before hand have become disinterested because of the sanitization the Club has put in place to dampen the atmosphere at games. I don't think our atmosphere has been great at the KP/Walkers full stop, but on average it was better in the Championship given the lower attendance. Away days were certainly far better in the Championship, now our away ends look just like the home ones, hundreds of old folk wanting to sit down that seem to just be there for a weekend away in another City. 

I think L1 is the greatest example. Yes, it used to be full of your 'Chav types' near Jobba and his drum, but at least they went home and away every week and tried to create an atmosphere. Now L1 is mainly full of people who thought it looked/sounded cool back then, so wanted to be in the 'action', but don't provide the same atmosphere at all. As for the Kop, well that's just full of people who reminisce about the 'Good old days' and for some reason and deluded enough to think that they produce a good atmosphere, despite the fact you can't hear them from any other stand. 

Spot on with your assessment of L1, the majority seem to be more interested in telling people they have a season ticket and getting away from their Mrs for the day than the football. Some only see the first and last 20 minutes and spend the rest of the time in the concourse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

So what I can deduce is that UFS haven't done anything to improve the atmosphere, worse this year than ever before. There has been plenty of unrest in the section, so rather than unite, you have divided. Bravo lads keep up the good work. 

Great to have you back. I was actually only wondering yesterday when you would pop up because it's been a bit quiet on the BigMicky front. Your contributions to many topics on this forum, especially this one, are always so well thought out and on point.

Big respect and I hope you're not feeling too down after Sunday. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Great to have you back. I was actually only wondering yesterday when you would pop up because it's been a bit quiet on the BigMicky front. Your contributions to many topics on this forum, especially this one, are always so well thought out and on point.

Big respect and I hope you're not feeling too down after Sunday. Keep up the good work!

Course he isn't. It's his opportunity to take the moral high ground. I did think it would be any point around now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive been In L1 since the beginning in Row P so the sitting area.

Can only say that the atmosphere  on the whole this season has been bang average  at best.

I would have no hesitation in movng if it wasnt for the people around us who we have got to know and like.

ALOT of knuckleheads in our section I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/06/2023 at 01:48, Gamble92 said:

Any Engelbert classics we could whip out?

Please Release Me is a good one to sing to the steward on the gate when we're 4-0 down after an hour

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Quite a few years back I can remember us doing the poznan when we scored we should bring that back  https://youtu.be/zIaFMMSJszY

Ugh,

We nicked that off of Man City at the time and it was embarrassing. Hey, look! Something someone else is doing; let’s ape that! 

Like we did with that ‘we love you, we love you, we love you’ chant that we robbed from Palace. They always made light of it and made us look like pathetic losers by doing it better after singing ‘Shall we show you how its done?’.

Let’s just be ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most football songs are copied from someone else. In the 60s and 70s, all fans sang You’ll Never Walk Alone, Hey Jude, almost any upbeat current pop song. The na na na etc was Lenny Glover’s song, the Mighty Quinn was for Stringy. For Liverpool fans, it was the mighty Emlyn. It doesn’t matter if you adapt other fans songs to suit your own. They all do it.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Ugh,

We nicked that off of Man City at the time and it was embarrassing. Hey, look! Something someone else is doing; let’s ape that! 

Like we did with that ‘we love you, we love you, we love you’ chant that we robbed from Palace. They always made light of it and made us look like pathetic losers by doing it better after singing ‘Shall we show you how its done?’.

Let’s just be ourselves.

You mean the Poznan that Man City nicked from, erm... Poznan!

20 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Most football songs are copied from someone else. In the 60s and 70s, all fans sang You’ll Never Walk Alone, Hey Jude, almost any upbeat current pop song. The na na na etc was Lenny Glover’s song, the Mighty Quinn was for Stringy. For Liverpool fans, it was the mighty Emlyn. It doesn’t matter if you adapt other fans songs to suit your own. They all do it.

This!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Spot on! It always makes me laugh when i read comments from fans on here 'why can't we be original' or 'why are we nicking songs from palace' etc 

Who cares? If you can't sing a song/chant that another club sing then we'll be sat in silence 90% of the time 

• Like 4

On 28/05/2023 at 23:56, The whole world smiles said:

@Lako42I would love to know how many protests you've organised this season? You do realise whinging on foxestalk isn't taking action. If a passive fan base is part of the problem, personally I don't think for one second it is, then you are as much to blame as anyone else your slagging off for it. 

Good point, well said 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Caught it 24 hours into sales but there was then a handful of match tickets on sale. Would mean that they are selling matchday tickets in there which is good.

I knew I had read this before and managed to find it again from info on singing section

“In order to give supporters an opportunity to try the Singing Section experience, 200 tickets are made available for matchday ticket purchasers, which can also be accessed by Season Ticket Holders in other areas of the stadium by contacting the City Sales Centre.”

so certainly looks like there are always tickets available on match by match basis

• 1 month later...

Absolutely diabolical, was watching on foxes hub and I thought we were playing in wales. Flatter than Miley Cyrus’ arse.

Our away support is tremendous, up there with the best in the country. But compared to our home support, it’s like two completely different sets of supporters.

• Haha 1