Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

24 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Take up of clappers seemed far higher than Cov. Worrying.

Probably to do with having someone stood in front of the turnstile as you enter forcing one in your hand, as opposed to them just being in a box for you to pick up at Cov

Really don't know the answer to it. Sat in g1 today right on the edge of sk1 as I missed  sales dates by a few days, normally in the singing section. Either side of me was a guy and his kid who never muttered a word and a young couple who I'm sure were mute. The rest of the row was like a womens institute  crossed with a time team investigation. The first block in sk1 is also like a care home outing. The whole of sk1 and 2 should be boisterous really. Honda need a real shift to change things. 

• Like 1

I am starting a new LCFC podcast in tribute to the King Power, to rival @BSLBPod, called the smell of stale piss and fusty washing. 

joking aside it’s definitely a more positive environment than the last year or so but there is still the whiff (excuse the pun) of the odd fan or ten who want us to just belt it forward 😂

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

45 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I was in SK1 just outside the singing section and it did feel very flat for much of the game today, absolutely not blaming them as they're the only people taking the lead on atmosphere in the ground and fans should really make the effort to learn lyrics to chants, but I think the lads at the bottom of the singing section need to recognise when chants aren't picking up outside that part of the section and move onto something else, most clearly didn't know that 'Enzo Maresca allez' chant yet it was going on for significant amounts of the game leading to a general drop in atmosphere. Just some constructive criticism. 

Get what you saying to a degree but if fabs can't pick up that what hope does anyone have?! Its literally just the mans name sung.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I sit in that first block. I love the noise from the singing section. You however are a bit of a **** deciding that you support the team more than anyone else. Grow up you twat 

If you like the noise from the section try joining in and creating a better atmosphere then willy puller

Edited by oz was my hero

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Get what you saying to a degree but if fabs can't pick up that what hope does anyone have?! Its literally just the mans name sung.

To be fair, I’m at the top of SK1 and it took me until midway through the Cov game to work out exactly what was being said as it sounded muttered. I can see how it might not travel to surrounding areas.

I think the wider problem is the number of people who occupy seats in the singing section and don’t sing once.

I had multiple around me today who didn’t sing once, but began audibly moaning at the style of play on the 70th minute. Great contribution!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

I was in SK1 just outside the singing section and it did feel very flat for much of the game today, absolutely not blaming them as they're the only people taking the lead on atmosphere in the ground and fans should really make the effort to learn lyrics to chants, but I think the lads at the bottom of the singing section need to recognise when chants aren't picking up outside that part of the section and move onto something else, most clearly didn't know that 'Enzo Maresca allez' chant yet it was going on for significant amounts of the game leading to a general drop in atmosphere. Just some constructive criticism. 

I’m in the section and I agree. Not a bad song but obvious it’s not catching on. Seemed like the UFS lot didn’t want to sing the mavidid chant aswell for some reason? 

6 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

To be fair, I’m at the top of SK1 and it took me until midway through the Cov game to work out exactly what was being said as it sounded muttered. I can see how it might not travel to surrounding areas.

I think the wider problem is the number of people who occupy seats in the singing section and don’t sing once.

I had multiple around me today who didn’t sing once, but began audibly moaning at the style of play on the 70th minute. Great contribution!!!

Nail on the head

• Like 2

The vocal areas of the ground are too small on their own and too far apart with the acoustics in the ground.

Hopefully with the expansion they’ll extend the singing section and have something similar to Bristol City or Celtic’s sections which are wrapped round the corner with something closer to 2k in total. Especially as L1/K1 is likely to go with the new stand expansion. 

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Is there a place to learn them?

On here, on various other social media sites, videos are posted, often the lyrics are too. 

The trouble with the singing section is that when it was created I got the impression that it put a lot of people's noses out of joint and people stood their ground because it was their seat and they weren't moving without having the intention of helping it grow. 

I sit in G2, so not a million miles away and I quite enjoy the noise they create, most of the time.

The biggest problem we have in the British culture of that feeling of needing to belong to a group to feel comfortable. G2 is so close to the singing section and every now again if a handful of people join in the rest follow. No one around will join in on their own because we don't like to stand out from the crowd. To be fair I once got moaned at for calling the ref a **** and was told that my language wasn't appropriate by another fan :doh:that same fan was then joining in with chants with words much worse than the one I used lol

I've been in the stands before and someone has literally turned round to the lad I used to sit next to and asked him to be quiet. I then proceeded to turn around to the rest of Sk4 and shout at the top of my lungs to ask them to keep the noise down as there was someone in the crowd, at a football match who didn't like the noise lol

I'm sure we're not the only club in the country with this problem, but there is a lack of togetherness when it comes to this, but the singing section (from where I sit) has improved this, while it's still not great, it is an improvement 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Our stadium looks like an old people’s care home. Average age has to be 50+. Not saying that’s the main reason as there are younger people who just sit on their arse too and contribute nothing but fuvk me we must have the oldest fan base in England 

You going to stop going games at 50? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Definitely, just don't get why you'd want to drink that rubbish, just have a decent pint later.

People like that a worse than those that leave early. Don’t get as much bad rep though. 

• Like 1

Two things - guys, I love the singing, but the reason stuff doesn't catch on is because it cannot be heard from very far away - one section's boisterous roar is the next section's whimper. It's just how the ground is i am afriad.

On people leaving early, I also find it baffling, but someone mentioned a train service yesterday where the last train left at 5.18 or some such. If that was the cause, it's understandable I think.