Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm glad we are still getting sell out crowds but the theory being relegated would get rid of the happy clapping, prawn sandwich eating, entitled Premier League type fan has been crushed.

Not really the executive type seating was noticeably empty and they're definitely struggling to sell them as I've been bombarded with emails and Facebook trying to sell some to me.

29 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Two things - guys, I love the singing, but the reason stuff doesn't catch on is because it cannot be heard from very far away - one section's boisterous roar is the next section's whimper. It's just how the ground is i am afriad.

On people leaving early, I also find it baffling, but someone mentioned a train service yesterday where the last train left at 5.18 or some such. If that was the cause, it's understandable I think.

The last train to Peterborough was at 6.12pm, not ideal but more than enough time to get to the station after the match had finished.

10 hours ago, Patrick said:

I was in SK1 just outside the singing section and it did feel very flat for much of the game today, absolutely not blaming them as they're the only people taking the lead on atmosphere in the ground and fans should really make the effort to learn lyrics to chants, but I think the lads at the bottom of the singing section need to recognise when chants aren't picking up outside that part of the section and move onto something else, most clearly didn't know that 'Enzo Maresca allez' chant yet it was going on for significant amounts of the game leading to a general drop in atmosphere. Just some constructive criticism. 

Enzo Allez chant needs binning. Not the sort of chant that’s going to to shake the foundations is it. We do tend to produce chants that are really droany 😂 but at least they are trying in fairness 

I don't think the Enzo one will catch on properly to be honest.

We're going to sound ****ing fantastic when we score this season though- Carnival de Paris, EIEIEIO, straight back up Leicester City all very loud and we got through the last one about 10 times before it died out yesterday.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Enzo Allez chant needs binning. Not the sort of chant that’s going to to shake the foundations is it. We do tend to produce chants that are really droany 😂 but at least they are trying in fairness 

Any singing is better than no singing, it can't all be at 100mph so this songs can fil l the gaps.

21 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Crazy shit

better than clappers and probably includes many that used clappers before, Clapping today, cheering tomorrow, singing next week. we're on our way to being a retro supporting fan base.

14 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Our stadium looks like an old people’s care home. Average age has to be 50+. Not saying that’s the main reason as there are younger people who just sit on their arse too and contribute nothing but fuvk me we must have the oldest fan base in England 

I'm 49 don't get to loads of games but as I've mentioned before use my nephew's ticket on occasions. I go with my brother who's even older. Stand in the singing section and I try and sing my heart out. It's not the age that's the problem but the mindset of a lot of the older ones. They see the singing section and UFS as a young person's thing, and also noses where put out of joint when it was created. Irony is people my age and above keep on banging on about atmosphere years ago when they were young but what's stopping them from helping and singing now .🤷

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trekerz said:

I’m in the section and I agree. Not a bad song but obvious it’s not catching on. Seemed like the UFS lot didn’t want to sing the mavidid chant aswell for some reason? 

I’m in the section and started the Mavididi one when he came over to take a corner, everyone joined in tbf.

11 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am starting a new LCFC podcast in tribute to the King Power, to rival @BSLBPod, called the smell of stale piss and fusty washing. 

joking aside it’s definitely a more positive environment than the last year or so but there is still the whiff (excuse the pun) of the odd fan or ten who want us to just belt it forward 😂

I cringed every time I heard "SHOOT" at a player with the ball about 20 yards out

Guest lcfc80
14 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Also a weird bunch. Can’t go 2 hours without drinking a shit pint out of plastic…? Wait til the pub. 

you know you can watch the game on the TV's whilst having a pint don't you? don't get people leaving early but I go down early at half time to get my beer and watch on the TV without massive queues and then having to smash it down in 5 minutes

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, Munshi said:

https://x.com/awaydays_/status/1693169215165919653?s=46&t=-_GHslcnFOQ7DWQgIufe-w

Soon everyone will be on this and then our fans will get involved.

lets hope not, right up there with throwing your beer in the air. in fact one of the most cringey things i've ever saw our fans do was in Bruges in the mini square where 20-30 thought it was absolutely mental to jump around singing Jamie Vardy songs whilst intentionally covering each other in beer. stop all that nonsense. anyway, rant over

11 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

lets hope not, right up there with throwing your beer in the air. in fact one of the most cringey things i've ever saw our fans do was in Bruges in the mini square where 20-30 thought it was absolutely mental to jump around singing Jamie Vardy songs whilst intentionally covering each other in beer. stop all that nonsense. anyway, rant over

I’m more talking about the chant, agree with you on the pint chucking thing.

Guest lcfc80

back to the thread in question. i ain't got a season ticket so sit in different sections of the ground and yesterday was east stand not far from the corner so was quite close to the "singing section". might not go down well with some people on here, and i do appreciate they are trying to create a better atmosphere but i find it a bit odd. it may sound loud to the people in that bit but it really ain't. find it much louder and better up the other end by L1 with that section having the exchanges with the away end etc.when i've sat mid east stand it strikes me as both sections are competing against each other. the clappers don't make their job any easier either with far too many people around me thinking they are playing their part but whacking them stupid things.

one thing that was annoying though was the amount of idiots around me screaming for the ball to go forward even when we were still going forward at every opportunity within our style of play, even leading right up to the goal. 

also please bin the music off at the final whistle, at least for a few minutes as did like the fans applauding and singing to the players but got drowned out.

in summary, not bad, we've got some moron moaning fans, possibly stick the singing section close to L1, and get rid of the clappers once and for all

Guest lcfc80
11 minutes ago, Munshi said:

I’m more talking about the chant, agree with you on the pint chucking thing.

it leads to the pint chucking stuff though, first it's just homo-eroctic jumping around together with no shirts on like them spurs weirdos and then people have to be crazy and zany and start lobbing pints about

I've always been someone that joins in with the singing but it's now got to the point where I can't understand or keep up with the songs. Why has this trend developed for us to sing everything at double speed? Every song is a tongue twister. That 'only want to be with you' song has been sung now for about 7-8 years and I've still no idea what the words are.

Edited by Vestan Pance

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I've always been someone that joins in with the singing but it's now got to the point where I can't understand or keep up with the songs. Why has this trend developed for us to sing everything at double speed? Every song is a tongue twister. That 'only want to be with you' song has been sung now for about 7-8 years and I've still no idea what the words are.

Some of them are totally embarrassing that N’didi heartbeat song celebrating him taking the ball from the opposition is that the biggest compliment you can give him lol