Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

13 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

A lot of them are day trippers. They seem to struggle to summon up any enthusiasm even when we score. 

I’ve wondered that. Who would go on a day trip to Gillingham on a day like today. Also why are these people making so much effort to go. The amount of negativity you hear from people towards what is an entirely discretionary, and very expensive, hobby done in not so plentiful free time is mental. What are these people like at work or at home 

31 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

A lot of them are day trippers. They seem to struggle to summon up any enthusiasm even when we score. 

Naa the opposite for me. Folk doing it out of habit or because it’s a ground they’ve never been or because their partner is going. It’s like a stale coach trip of a club. 

To support the club, be witty (cos some of the arrogance on show today) and be the right side of respect is low on their agenda for most. 

Whether it’s a good or a bad thing, because I include myself in it but it’s a vehicle to meet friends and family first rather than it be a symptom of it. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Teams with good fans who turn out good ends have passionate people who follow them, there first and foremost for the football, for the love of their club. They naturally want to sing and support and that’s their primary objective.

Clubs like us have an alarming majority of people with very little passion, look shy and are there for a family outing, taking the Mrs out, a social gathering and that is their primary objective. Until that changes and I don’t think it ever will we’ll be stuck with what we have.

Edited by K1FOX
  • Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

If I was shown this pic,.with colours photoshopped out, and asked, name the football team these people support? 

a) Leeds 

B) Man U 

C) Forest

D) Leicester 

....I'd get the answer right. And that is why our support is shite. We have hundreds of these away and thousands of these at home

image.png.b2c12813c8fcb6a665b31fa3e463106e.png

That's a great advert for the British dental association.

• Haha 1

I think people to slag off the home atmosphere is justified, but slagging off an atmosphere on a platform of metal poles with no roof and gale winds is slightly harsh. Fair play to the 1800 fans who made the trip. Perhaps if there was a roof then the other end could hear. But block 6  where I was done ok. I do believe it’s better to get behind the team though than picking a certain member of the home fans out and constantly throwing abuse. Maybe it’s banter and I miss the point. But either way on a blustery day the crowd was better than Stockport.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Quite simply the team and performances mirror their manager and now the fans have well and truly fallen into line

I'm at the point where I hate the manager and his approach and I admit I can't be ****ed to sing anymore bevause of it and  easily in the top bracket in terms of vocal support.

I don't support this manager anymore and as a result I can't vocally put the effort in.. 

Get him out, I want a team who gives a ****. 

Sadly true, whilst you can’t criticise people who go week in, week out, the support is god awful - along with that photo, if you go on YouTube and find the ‘key moments’ video, there’s literally a shot of our fans where you can see 2 older supporters sat down, not even applauding or smiling when we scored. How can you enjoy that?

6 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I think people to slag off the home atmosphere is justified, but slagging off an atmosphere on a platform of metal poles with no roof and gale winds is slightly harsh. Fair play to the 1800 fans who made the trip. Perhaps if there was a roof then the other end could hear. But block 6  where I was done ok. I do believe it’s better to get behind the team though than picking a certain member of the home fans out and constantly throwing abuse. Maybe it’s banter and I miss the point. But either way on a blustery day the crowd was better than Stockport.

Not a one off though so can’t really blame the stand today. It’s the same every game.

• Like 2

Fact of the matter is our atmosphere home and away is awful and to be honest has put a lot of people off coming as there’s not really much to shout about on the pitch too. Personally, I know quite a few people who’ve sacked it off after going week in week out because it’s actually become a bit of a chore to go now rather than looking forward to nothing else but going to the football as it should be. Our ends are full of pensioners and 40-60 year olds who obviously can afford to go these matches every week and they’ve made it their weekend habit now. Don’t really see how it changes 

Edited by Lcfc098

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Fact of the matter is our atmosphere home and away is awful and to be honest has put a lot of people off coming as there’s not really much to shout about on the pitch too. Personally, I know quite a few people who’ve sacked it off after going week in week out because it’s actually become a bit of a chore to go now rather than looking forward to nothing else but going to the football as it should be. Our ends are full of pensioners and 40-60 year olds who obviously can afford to go these matches every week and they’ve made it their weekend habit now. Don’t really see how it changes 

I think there are several stimulus, possibly hugely unpopular, that would re-energise the support (and from a business perspective, expand the supporter base) 

A) bin off the auto away tix scheme and narrow down the windows for priorities. 

B) have guaranteed general sale for every game on a set date prior to the game 

C) phase out concession (pensioner) tickets from the kop and east stands and relocate to an expanded family stand in south and west corners 

D) cheap youth tix in the kop with unreserved seating

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

The reason a fan goes to a game is to support their team. If somebody isn’t going because the away end is awful, then I’d be questioning how much of a fan they really are. People support their team in different ways. I understand some fans like an atmosphere and want to scream and shout but some simply don’t. Which is also absolutely fine. We struggled to sell tickets to the Gillingham game so fair play to the ones who did make the trip. 

35 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Some of the best supported teams in the world have home ends with no roof. Let's add this to the list of excuses.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

The reason a fan goes to a game is to support their team. If somebody isn’t going because the away end is awful, then I’d be questioning how much of a fan they really are. People support their team in different ways. I understand some fans like an atmosphere and want to scream and shout but some simply don’t. Which is also absolutely fine. We struggled to sell tickets to the Gillingham game so fair play to the ones who did make the trip. 

Might’ve not conveyed my point clearly my bad but the crowd is not the sole reason. It’s the whole atmosphere around the club. Extra ticket checks, light shows, t shirt cannons, fancams, such loud music  you can’t even hear the person next to you. And on top of all of that there’s not even a good atmosphere. Just makes the whole experience quite poor in my opinion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

C) phase out concession (pensioner) tickets from the kop and east stands and relocate to an expanded family stand in south and west corners 

Can’t wait for more of the ‘evicted for not singing loud enough’ banners 

54 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think there are several stimulus, possibly hugely unpopular, that would re-energise the support (and from a business perspective, expand the supporter base) 

A) bin off the auto away tix scheme and narrow down the windows for priorities. 

B) have guaranteed general sale for every game on a set date prior to the game 

D) cheap youth tix in the kop with unreserved seating

Get a manager who isn't obsessed with playing Pep ball despite having a team nowhere near good enough to do it. 

All comes back to the manager now for me 

• Thanks 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

I'm 42, am I allowed to still go?