Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

We can blame everything we like. Acoustics, age, early kick offs, whatever you like.

It just comes down to lack of effort. 

Yep. I do think the acoustics aren't great but that's more how it comes across on TV. If you've ever heard a good away end here then that's proof enough that it's just an excuse.

I'm not expecting Galatasaray overnight but it's pretty bad if half the grounds ****ing off early again. Become everything we once claimed to hate.

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

We cracked it towards the end of last season. Love it. I'm in the corner of the West Stand and everyone was standing up and belting out WYS. Sounds like an anthem sung as loud as any other. And it's ours. 

Shame they don't play it for a little bit longer during the coin toss and other preliminaries. Pretty sure it would catch fire.  

• Like 1

Guest Fox99

WYS was noticeably louder on Saturday I thought. In regards to the general atmosphere, as has been the case through the years at home matches we've got probably two/three pockets of vocal support, but obviously not all in one place. In the future, if the G1/SK1 corner expands the current 'section' possibly with safe standing, then it will make a significant difference in my view as the section needs to be larger to have a more audible impact. In spite of all the varying factors about the atmosphere, it comes down to the fanbase at the same time. As a side note, noticed Spurs have now introduced a dedicated section at their stadium which caters for around 1500.

Edited by AlexFT

2 hours ago, AlexFT said:

WYS was noticeably louder on Saturday I thought. In regards to the general atmosphere, as has been the case through the years at home matches we've got probably two/three pockets of vocal support, but obviously not all in one place. In the future, if the G1/SK1 corner expands the current 'section' possibly with safe standing, then it will make a significant difference in my view as the section needs to be larger to have a more audible impact. In spite of all the varying factors about the atmosphere, it comes down to the fanbase at the same time. As a side note, noticed Spurs have now introduced a dedicated section at their stadium which caters for around 1500.

I've said it before and I think I'm in a minority but I just wish we had a better version of WYS to play - I'd love to join in but I just can't get David Brent and his guitar out of my head when it comes on

• Sad 1

On 21/08/2023 at 00:40, Dan LCFC said:

This is reassuring to see. There is hope 

There's absolutely no hope for him, in fact all those around him, a combined IQ of 36. 

Still at least he can swear and rage inside the stadium, then he's off to play postcode wars with his blade after the game. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

There's absolutely no hope for him, in fact all those around him, a combined IQ of 36. 

Still at least he can swear and rage inside the stadium, then he's off to play postcode wars with his blade after the game. 

Careful getting off that high horse 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

You think because you sit there on your arse with your clapper, you’re smarter and better than those who want to have some fun lol

14 hours ago, AlexFT said:

For its continued success the club would need to look at ways to both link the singers at the front and back and possibly more importantly facilitate movers for those that still over a season in stand there mouth shut forcibly. 

• Like 1

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

WOW

36 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

You think because you sit there on your arse with your clapper, you’re smarter and better than those who want to have some fun lol

Not at all, and I don't use a clapper for starters. I just don't think a kid acting up like that is something to be praised. 

• Like 1