Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest nathan.
4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I enjoyed today, but we really have some dour ***** that follow the club.

Miserable old twat next to me just whinged every other minute and only offered polite applause when we scored. 

Why bother? 

Loads of old grumpy ****ers who have had season tickets for years clog up the away support.

The points system is partly to blame

1 minute ago, oz was my hero said:

Commentators on RL mentioned there where a few empty seats today (was that the case ?)Find it annoying if people are buying tickets and not going just to keep their points up, as I and many others would love the chance of going. How

Train strike will have done for a load.

1 minute ago, oz was my hero said:

Commentators on RL mentioned there where a few empty seats today (was that the case ?)Find it annoying if people are buying tickets and not going just to keep their points up, as I and many others would love the chance of going. How

It was the same at Huddersfield around me. It was weird considering it was advertised as ‘sold out’. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

In fairness to all of you, it would appear that your gripe is with miserable twunts who moan and whinge and offer nothing - they may happen to be over 50/65/whatever.

In that case, you have my sympathy. Moan about their attitudes, not their age please :) 

There’s plenty of over 50s fans of other clubs and even some in our club who sing and back the team. Problem is we have a large proportion (more than most clubs) who don’t 

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

The problem is that age is often used as a justification for that entitlement though. "I went to my first game in [Year X] and therefore I'm infallible" kind of attitude.

I guess that's why people end up jumping on that. For what it's worth, I know plenty of older fans who love to sing and see loads of younger lads who are complete mutes at games. If I'm honest, I think that latter demographic are far more the problem than the odd Old Boy who isn't interested.

Agreed. Although on a related topic, I am (generally in life) far more sympathetic to younger people being rude/silly/nasty, because at least they still have time to learn. Old gits who think they've earnt the right to be unpleasant are beyond help or reach.

And also your point reminds me of the 'I've been watching football for 30 years, I know football' type comment - but if you've been watching using a brain that only sees what it wants to see, what do you really know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Agreed. Although on a related topic, I am (generally in life) far more sympathetic to younger people being rude/silly/nasty, because at least they still have time to learn. Old gits who think they've earnt the right to be unpleasant are beyond help or reach.

And also your point reminds me of the 'I've been watching football for 30 years, I know football' type comment - but if you've been watching using a brain that only sees what it wants to see, what do you really know?

I’m an old fart of 71 and am never unpleasant. City is my life, but I’ve always been overly supportive and forgiving. I don’t mind the bad times, because without them you can’t appreciate the good times. The sun doesn’t shine all the time.

I mix with loads of fans my age who vocally support the team. Ok, I draw the line at chants with the C word like the one aimed at Fofana last year. I personally thought that chant coming from SK1 was a disgrace, but not untypical from that area. 

If you haven’t learned by the time you are five years old that being nasty and rude is a no no, then there’s no real hope for the future. 

I’ve been watching the lads for over 60 years and actually do have some understanding of football, but because I’m an aged man, you are happy to slag off older fans because to me it seems to suit the current ageist agenda that permeates this web site.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

I’m an old fart of 71 and am never unpleasant. City is my life, but I’ve always been overly supportive and forgiving. I don’t mind the bad times, because without them you can’t appreciate the good times. The sun doesn’t shine all the time.

I mix with loads of fans my age who vocally support the team. Ok, I draw the line at chants with the C word like the one aimed at Fofana last year. I personally thought that chant coming from SK1 was a disgrace, but not untypical from that area. 

If you haven’t learned by the time you are five years old that being nasty and rude is a no no, then there’s no real hope for the future. 

I’ve been watching the lads for over 60 years and actually do have some understanding of football, but because I’m an aged man, you are happy to slag off older fans because to me it seems to suit the current ageist agenda that permeates this web site.

I'm almost 53, and I think you need to read what I wrote much more carefully.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Away end looked like a care homes annual day out to the bingo 

I think this is both a vile post, and wholly inaccurate. From where I stood I would hazard a guess that the average age of the block was about 20 to 30. Loads of young’uns and few old timers like me and others.

I’ve just driven home 150 miles and have supported the team through thick and thin since 1974. 

Try showing some respect to your fellow City supporters for once

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Right, given the lack of response or apology, I'd better clarify.

I DO NOT think older fans are in any way an issue - my comments further up show that. My only issue is with those people - of any age - with the attitude of entitlement and expecting to be served perfection. If that isn't you, great. I happen to have less sympathy with older fans of this type because they really should know better - and given I am almost 53, I count myself amongst that number.

Small wonder people get into fights on here when they simply don't read with any care whatsoever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Right, given the lack of response or apology, I'd better clarify.

I DO NOT think older fans are in any way an issue - my comments further up show that. My only issue is with those people - of any age - with the attitude of entitlement and expecting to be served perfection. If that isn't you, great. I happen to have less sympathy with older fans of this type because they really should know better - and given I am almost 53, I count myself amongst that number.

Small wonder people get into fights on here when they simply don't read with any care whatsoever.

Symptom of the internet mate

You could write the least controversial sentence known to man, something like "I like eating Jammy Dodgers", and you'd get confrontation-seekers in your replies demanding to know why you just said you hate Custard Creams and Digestives

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Symptom of the internet mate

You could write the least controversial sentence known to man, something like "I like eating Jammy Dodgers", and you'd get confrontation-seekers in your replies demanding to know why you just said you hate Custard Creams and Digestives

This is outrageous slander against the true king of biscuits, the shortbread.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, promised land said:

Club took 4 coaches so saying there were 13 or however many is a bit exaggerated.

Serious question,  if the atmosphere affected you that much why were you sat in the home end and not the away end actually supporting your team and making a noise?

Serious question, is it possible to get a ticket in the away end willy nilly?