Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

It was our standard end to be honest, well what I expect to be standard this season - really quiet for large parts but very good after the late winner. Think the fact we'll go into virtually every game expecting a win (rightly or wrongly) isn't going to help.

• Like 4

As much stick as i am giving our ends, it is still a massive improvement on the last couple of years. Seemed at least some of the happy clappers have pissed off. Reiterating the poster above me's point though, why do the club place such a heavy emphasis on catering for the OAP section of our fanbase? They are front and centre of every single away end for as long as i can remember. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Very evident even in away ends that there’s whole sections of people who aren’t interested, for example at Rotherham directly behind the goal was the ‘polite clap in an orderly fashion’ brigade and to the right and left sides were the more energetic types. Most clubs have the former group of people mixed in with the others so it isn’t noticed but our club prioritises them so they are centre of action and very noticeable causing a visual and audible problem. 

Need the people who are bothered in the same place. We can't expect all to be involved so those who want to be need to be grouped together. 

UFS put out the block they're targeting, difficult to say if it has any impact.

I know that at Derby for example the club designate the "singing blocks" at away games so people know where to try and go if they want to make the effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

As much stick as i am giving our ends, it is still a massive improvement on the last couple of years. Seemed at least some of the happy clappers have pissed off. Reiterating the poster above me's point though, why do the club place such a heavy emphasis on catering for the OAP section of our fanbase? They are front and centre of every single away end for as long as i can remember. 

I guess that's where they know the money is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Need the people who are bothered in the same place. We can't expect all to be involved so those who want to be need to be grouped together. 

I know that at Derby for example the club designate the "singing blocks" at away games so people know where to try and go if they want to make the effort.

I don’t understand why come all the way to an away game though if you don’t want to make an effort. 

The constant baiting and insulting of the older fans, continues unchecked on here without showing responses from fans that don’t have these views. It seems that the “younger, apparently proper fans”, would appear to spend the matches looking at these older fans and not the game. It’s astonishing that the old fans are able to even climb the stairs to the seats. As it would appear that there are so many old fans “allowed” to get away tickets, the very few young’uns make a remarkable noise on their own. I am over 70 and always sing and chant at games and am not the only one of my bygone age group. Perhaps you could tell us the average age of all other teams supporters as you seem so obsessed with our own.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don’t want to be biased too and blame the over 50s for everything. I have mentioned in a previous post but the reluctance of UFS to have their block at away games not next to the home fans too also doesn’t help the atmosphere. Fans who want to make an atmohsohrrr are going to be naturally gathered next to the away fans so surely having UFS in there too can only help it? Villa away as an example last year was one of our best away ends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Of all the threads on foxestalk, this one annoys me the most. A load of people who define what a proper fan should be and how they should act and behave. 

Maybe OAPs have been following their team for 50 years home and away and love watching their team live?

I would much rather an OAP at the game than a pissed up moron who fell down six rows almost crushing my 10 year old son. I know, fancy taking a 10 year old to a g football match, who, at that age probably doesn't have the lung capacity to add a full contribution to the noise required to meet the definition of a 'great away end'....

This completely sums up our “fans” to a tee

12 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

This completely sums up our “fans” to a tee

'Fans'.... are you saying I'm not a real Fan? This sums up the complete arrogance of some of this threads contributors.

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

I don’t want to be biased too and blame the over 50s for everything. I have mentioned in a previous post but the reluctance of UFS to have their block at away games not next to the home fans too also doesn’t help the atmosphere. Fans who want to make an atmohsohrrr are going to be naturally gathered next to the away fans so surely having UFS in there too can only help it? Villa away as an example last year was one of our best away ends.

Agree. This is a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

Of all the threads on foxestalk, this one annoys me the most. A load of people who define what a proper fan should be and how they should act and behave. 

Maybe OAPs have been following their team for 50 years home and away and love watching their team live?

I would much rather an OAP at the game than a pissed up moron who fell down six rows almost crushing my 10 year old son. I know, fancy taking a 10 year old to a g football match, who, at that age probably doesn't have the lung capacity to add a full contribution to the noise required to meet the definition of a 'great away end'....

I don’t have a problem with older fans attending away games, it’s just that a lot of the same faces (not just older) are miserable bastards that seem to take no enjoyment in watching Leicester.

The fella next to me moaned at everything including Casadei’s pass backwards which led to our winning goal. 84th minute winner and he just applauded and went quiet. It’s like they want to be miserable or they’re just going out of habit. 

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

The problem isn't with the OAP's though. As i have said previously, there are plenty of older aged fans who sing a lot more than the younger ones. The problem is with the people who don't seem to want to contribute anything to the atmoshphere and the majority of them who are very prevalent as they are always at the front row of every away game are people over the age of 60

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Trekerz, are you referring to the pissed up morons as “fans”? They are a pain in the arse, I too have been battered by these so called fans, when celebrating a goal. No wonder they couldn’t be trusted with standing areas.

Why do fans of a certain demographic always put fans who want to create and have a better atmoshphere in the same bracket as "pissed up morons". If i were to call the older fans something like "old farts" there would be uproar from you?