Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

I don’t want to be biased too and blame the over 50s for everything. I have mentioned in a previous post but the reluctance of UFS to have their block at away games not next to the home fans too also doesn’t help the atmosphere. Fans who want to make an atmohsohrrr are going to be naturally gathered next to the away fans so surely having UFS in there too can only help it? Villa away as an example last year was one of our best away ends.

Most away grounds in this country don't have a singing block next to the home fans. 

What would be the point in UFS going next to the home fans yesterday? Absolutely zero. Most UFS guys left L1 10 years ago because they got bored of flicking the Vs at 500 Barnsley fans.

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

I don’t want to be biased too and blame the over 50s for everything. I have mentioned in a previous post but the reluctance of UFS to have their block at away games not next to the home fans too also doesn’t help the atmosphere. Fans who want to make an atmohsohrrr are going to be naturally gathered next to the away fans so surely having UFS in there too can only help it? Villa away as an example last year was one of our best away ends.

Also, I never did this just for the record.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Most away grounds in this country don't have a singing block next to the home fans. 

What would be the point in UFS going next to the home fans yesterday? Absolutely zero. Most UFS guys left L1 10 years ago because they got bored of flicking the Vs at 500 Barnsley fans.

It's not to do with giving it to the away fans, it's more that's generally where the singers are going to congregate naturally At least there would be a mix of both if the UFS boys were in there too

What I don't really understand is this ...

If you like going to away matches because it's nice and peaceful, and you can sit there in silence, or maybe have a quiet chat with someone .......... wouldn't you get really annoyed with drunk/coke-up idiots being a nuisance, fans standing up rather than sitting down, shouting and trying to make lots of noise, making rude gestures towards the home fans, swearing a lot 'f' and 'c' words, etc etc.

Wouldn't that annoy you so much, that just give up and settle for going to home matches, where you can enjoy yourself in peace and quiet?   And just leave away matches to everyone else who wants to behave like noisy nuisances?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

What I don't really understand is this ...

If you like going to away matches because it's nice and peaceful, and you can sit there in silence, or maybe have a quiet chat with someone .......... wouldn't you get really annoyed with drunk/coke-up idiots being a nuisance, fans standing up rather than sitting down, shouting and trying to make lots of noise, making rude gestures towards the home fans, swearing a lot 'f' and 'c' words, etc etc.

Wouldn't that annoy you so much, that just give up and settle for going to home matches, where you can enjoy yourself in peace and quiet?   And just leave away matches to everyone else who wants to behave like noisy nuisances?

Are you advocating more p@ssed / coked up nuisance fans to drive out the meek and mild Tupperware brigade? Or just highlighting it as an anomaly? 

6 hours ago, Trekerz said:

The problem isn't with the OAP's though. As i have said previously, there are plenty of older aged fans who sing a lot more than the younger ones. The problem is with the people who don't seem to want to contribute anything to the atmoshphere and the majority of them who are very prevalent as they are always at the front row of every away game are people over the age of 60

Sean Connery is that you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FOTS said:

To be fair, standing areas would mean you’re far less likely to be ‘battered’ when celebrating a goal.

Being pushed from being against a shin-high plastic seat, you’re going to go over.

Being pushed from behind against a torso-high rail, you’re much less likely to go over.

Stop talking sense

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FOTS said:

To be fair, standing areas would mean you’re far less likely to be ‘battered’ when celebrating a goal.

Being pushed from being against a shin-high plastic seat, you’re going to go over.

Being pushed from behind against a torso-high rail, you’re much less likely to go over.

Yeah another benefit of rail seating is that it would end the forced "limbs" fad that's become the sole reason a lot of "lads" go to away games. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah another benefit of rail seating is that it would end the forced "limbs" fad that's become the sole reason a lot of "lads" go to away games. 

Your now opening a can of worms by mentioning the L word.. a word that I’ve had so many disagreements with people.. many of our fanbase have complained about the lack of action behind the goals and it’s not vocal support, it’s because there’s no limbs.. an action that many also want Leicester fans to have.. 

when a team scores it doesn’t make you a bigger supporter if you go crowd surfing down 4 rows lol i see videos on social media and you see people on their backs or head first down the row in front with their arse in the air.. Sorry I don’t get it.. it’s these type of videos which are getting in the heads of the younger groups wanting the same thing. 

Edited by MS0204

Just now, MS0204 said:

Your now opening a can of worms by mentioning the L word.. a word that I’ve had so many disagreements with people.. many of our fanbase have complained about the lack of action behind the goals and it’s not vocal support, it’s because there’s no limbs.. an action that many also want Leicester fans to have.. 

when a team scores it doesn’t make you a bigger supporter if you go crowd surfing down 4 rows lol i see videos on social media and you see people on their backs or head first down the row in front with their arse in the air.. Sorry I don’t get it.. it’s three type of videos which are getting in the heads of the younger groups wanting the same thing. 

I'm in the middle ground tbf. I would agree that the majority of our goal celebrations are totally lifeless, it's closer to a rugby crowd celebrating a try imo. But I also really don't like the forced celebrations for likes on Instagram. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm in the middle ground tbf. I would agree that the majority of our goal celebrations are totally lifeless, it's closer to a rugby crowd celebrating a try imo. But I also really don't like the forced celebrations for likes on Instagram. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head.. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agreed. What annoys me is when we score a big goal and the Kop behind the goal can barely be arsed to stand up.

41 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Agreed. What annoys me is when we score a big goal and the Kop behind the goal can barely be arsed to stand up.

I remember when the whole stand would rise when there was a dangerous attack, people don't flinch these days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Munshi said:

Yep, we have the worst ends around as far as behind the goals is concerned.  Its a bit embarrassing when you see it on TV everyone sat down and not even getting up when we've scored, cant think of another stadium like that?.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Yep, we have the worst ends around as far as behind the goals is concerned.  Its a bit embarrassing when you see it on TV everyone sat down and not even getting up when we've scored, cant think of another stadium like that?.

Genuninely can’t think of one ground worse than ours behind the goal. Even Bournemouth are better

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

This might be controversial but I couldn't believe it when we won the prem and no pitch invasion. Every other club seems to invade the pitch for winning a league or Cup certainly in the divisions below the prem. However given what an achievement that surprised me.

22 minutes ago, foxy tiler said:

This might be controversial but I couldn't believe it when we won the prem and no pitch invasion. Every other club seems to invade the pitch for winning a league or Cup certainly in the divisions below the prem. However given what an achievement that surprised me.

With respect, what does that actually mean? 

• Like 2