Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

9 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Invade Stamford Bridge? If you mean the Everton game there was a trophy presentation straight after and it just wouldn't have been the same if it was already planned before the game to run on. It's got to be in the moment if it's going to happen.

Pretty much this.

If Tottenham had won that game at Stamford Bridge on the Monday night, I do think there'd have been a pitch invasion on the Saturday as we secured the title in front of our own fans.

These discussions always amuse me as they're absolutely pointless and get absolutely nowhere other than to piss off a few groups of fans with how each other should support the club. 

I applaud UFS for posting where they're intending to be, and if enough of the L1 groups or others took notice and stood with them, we'd have a hell of a lot more noise from the away end. Which encourages a larger proportion of the stand to join in.

It'd be great if the club could advertise where a "singing" section is likely to be each away game, and encourage like minded groups to gather together. And for those who that isn't their idea of fun, can be able to sit elsewhere.

Frankly this type of thing takes a few heads to come together to sort, but as per I assume the club would make this as simple as walking to the moon.

Those "older folk" who want to sit near the front could then still get their seats, as they're entitled too with how long they've followed the club. Or simply sit where they want and get involved as much or as little as they desire.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I applaud UFS for posting where they're intending to be, and if enough of the L1 groups or others took notice and stood with them, we'd have a hell of a lot more noise from the away end. Which encourages a larger proportion of the stand to join in.

Do UFS want to be associated with L1? L1 want to goad the away fans and sing GSTK anytime a welsh team visit, coke up and give it the big'un. UFS want to give unconditional support for ninety minutes with flags and do that in their own way.

Seems to me they're two very different sets of supporters, just like those who want to sit with a flask and clap politely v those who want to stand up and sing for the whole match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Do UFS want to be associated with L1? L1 want to goad the away fans and sing GSTK anytime a welsh team visit, coke up and give it the big'un. UFS want to give unconditional support for ninety minutes with flags and do that in their own way.

Seems to me they're two very different sets of supporters, just like those who want to sit with a flask and clap politely v those who want to stand up and sing for the whole match.

In my experience no. Notable moments where some have goaded a reaction out of the UFS section. 

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

The chief goaders are the kids in the family stand. Little nut jobs. 

10 hours ago, foxy tiler said:

This might be controversial but I couldn't believe it when we won the prem and no pitch invasion. Every other club seems to invade the pitch for winning a league or Cup certainly in the divisions below the prem. However given what an achievement that surprised me.

That night in town and around the king power after we’d become champions was crazy, it was gridlock down welford word with people running up the middle of the road with flags and car horns blaring, plus the thousands at the KP, wading through thousands of empty Champaign bottles, flares going off ect until early hours of the morning. It was like Buenos Aires after Argentina won the World Cup. 

Regarding the everton match, as others have said, the title had been won, no need to invade the pitch. If we’d won it on the day maybe a different story. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

That video of the fans just politely clapping and smiling as they watch the goat score a rare gold for us is just depressing. 

What?  You mean we didn't go crazy scoring a 2nd goal against a team near the bottom of the League?    I find that hard to believe ................................

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

What?  You mean we didn't go crazy scoring a 2nd goal against a team near the bottom of the League?    I find that hard to believe ................................

Do you have a quick think about where in the league the opposition is before celebrating? 

Weird shit

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Yep, every time.   But it's not a quick think.   It normally takes me a minute or two, by which time they've kicked off again.   As you say, weird shit.   

Is there a scale of celebration based on league position? 

Be good to know for Hull