Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Apart from half a dozen clubs in England most clubs fans don't get behind their team home or away. Foreign clubs supporters always seem to create an atmosphere. This can also be true at England internationals. Look at the world cup in Qatar England's games were devoid of atmosphere whilst games involving African / S American teams weren't perhaps it's the reserved nature of English people.

22 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Don’t know why you’re taking it personal mate? All I said was our ends are mainly occupied by that age. Didn’t say anything about not letting them in there. 

The you know whos.

Edited by foxile5

Looked around today, as I do most away games, and wondered if SAGA has gone into the football away games market.

Just seems to be masses of fans of a certain age, many who seem to have given up on life, who can't or won't indulge in creating any sort of atmosphere thro chants, songs or even banter. They just want to stand, or hopefully sit, and watch the game ready to pounce on and criticise every player and every move or tactic we have, then just clap when we score.

The young lads/blokes who want to create atmospheres thro the above ways always seem to be in a minority and in a fight to get things up to a level they once were.

I reckon we have the highest fan age demographic than any other club in the leagues.

Does it really take this long to get a season ticket?:mellow:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Naa the opposite for me. Folk doing it out of habit or because it’s a ground they’ve never been or because their partner is going. It’s like a stale coach trip of a club. 

To support the club, be witty (cos some of the arrogance on show today) and be the right side of respect is low on their agenda for most. 

Whether it’s a good or a bad thing, because I include myself in it but it’s a vehicle to meet friends and family first rather than it be a symptom of it. 

This is bang on. 

I went to tick it off with incredibly low expectations on the day. Had some bloke moaning because I was 'too loud in his ear' whilst he was doing an impression of King Richard. 

The fans that care how we're represented did their bit, those with zero self respect thoroughly showed themselves up. 

15 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

You know us oldies were young once dont you? Have a look back and you'll see the atmosphere was decent when we were young.

We didn't have to blame the oldies when it was shit, we took responsibility and made it good.

Stick that in your ****ing vape and blow big sweetie smelling clouds!

Hard to do that when the average age of our crowd is around 65

• Haha 1

Blaming age is a lazy - as others have mentioned you see plenty of young lads at away games maintaining their vow of silence. Although, most making noise are boozed/drugged up and having to share brain cells between them. Not sure which I prefer.

Seems lots of people just want to stare and and then make gestures to the opposition fans all game. No interest in the football, just want to look hard.

13 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Do elaborate on some of this. I need a laugh at the minute lol

Person behind me spoke about doing Dry January and a furniture shop in Derby during the 90 minutes. 

One guy alongside me kept screaming ‘champions of England, you’ll never sing that’. Talk about punching down. 

We had some supporters boo their new owner! A bloke whose bought a club right in the doo doo. 

Is young lads screaming things to their keeper ‘Turner you’re shit’, really that funny? 

I felt embarrassed that the level of intelligence and wit was pathetically low. 

Just to add there was a lot of ex BS there today - not a surprise, everytime it’s a destination we don’t play at regularly or a big game, they are onto their corporate mates for tickets….and they rarely add anything to the atmosphere 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Haha 1

I had the unfortunate experience of being near some of the UnionFS lot throughout the game. Whilst I admire and appreciate their overall aim of improving atmosphere at home there was unfortunately little attempt to do the same in this away end. Constant immature drivel and it was painful to be near. It’s stuff like that, as well as some heated confrontation by one of them, that doesn’t help their cause or people getting behind them. 

Not to say they should be the only ones trying to generate an atmosphere, agreed it has been dire away from home for a long time. Sadly for me it’s a reflection of the apathy that most are feeling towards the club at the moment. No desire or excitement on the pitch is bound to feed through into the crowd. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

After the game, I was thinking through what’s really the issue. So I went back to the European games last year when we had covid etc. 

That wasn’t easy at times to actually go those games but if you wanted to go and get organised you could. Tickets weren’t really a problem bar PSV. So you ended up with away end of people who genuinely wanted to be there, enjoying themselves and being proud. You compare yesterday to say Randers with the Aarhus chant. A bit of comedy. 

Your domestic away ends are assemblies of habit rather than actual desire to be there. 

I tend to agree but the atmosphere in Rennes was shite. Genuinely no one looked like they wanted to be there in the top tier for that one either. 

I don't want us to get relegated of course, but I am one of them that believes if we went down then clearing out certain fans and introducing certain fans would improve the atmosphere atleast.

Pretty funny how anyone can think the "younger" fans are the answer and the "older" fans the reason  to this poor atmosphere. Insulting older fans that were probably watching City when they were in their nappies is hilarious. There are good and bad in all generations and noisy and quiet as well. Playing Mother Superior is not a good look.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

You know us oldies were young once dont you? Have a look back and you'll see the atmosphere was decent when we were young.

We didn't have to blame the oldies when it was shit, we took responsibility and made it good.

Stick that in your ****ing vape and blow big sweetie smelling clouds!

Posted at 2.38am.

Did you need to get up for a pee again? :(

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Pretty funny how anyone can think the "younger" fans are the answer and the "older" fans the reason  to this poor atmosphere. Insulting older fans that were probably watching City when they were in their nappies is hilarious. There are good and bad in all generations and noisy and quiet as well. Playing Mother Superior is not a good look.

You got to admit though, this latest bunch off the maternity conveyer belt are pretty shit hot at blaming someone else.

• Like 2