Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thing is we aint in those times anymore. It all boils down to effort.

Who from? From a personal point of view fans should always be getting behind them. But also Personally think our fanbase doesn’t respond well to passing, noticeable difference around me when Abdul came on and he was direct.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification

Just now, SemperEadem said:

From the fans. You want a good atmosphere you club together and make one. Far too much is pointed at the slow football and other so called reasons.

Yeah I agree with the sentiment, however, the last twenty years has told me our fans go for one style. Not sure how it changes, except for stuff like UFS and youngsters getting into it.

35 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Its not a coincidence that when we were in the times of our outrageously good counter attacking football, our home atmospheres were bloody brilliant. The year we won the league was great throughout.

Unfortunately we've been subjected to slow, lethargic sideways ball for several years now. Rarely do we dominate games. I can't even remember the last time we sat 2 or 3 goals up early on. Fans react to what they see and quite frankly there has been nothing to shout about for a long time.

To be fair, it would be slightly surprising if the atmosphere had not been good when we witnessed arguably the greatest achievement in the history of sport, yet alone football. 

Nothing since has been comparable. I suspect it never will be again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Do you know what, i know the mantra is that fans should always be singing and spurring the players on, but the football we are playing is not really "get you off your seat" stuff.

I don't mind us playing this way, and I hope we start to move the ball quicker, and with more fluidity as time goes on, but much like at Man City, for all how pleasing on the eye their football can be, it doesnt really lend itself for getting their fans behind it, in a way that harem scarem football does.

We just won 6 in a row you ungrateful bast*rds. How much more do you want the manager to give whilst rebuilding a new squad at the same time with a new system. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mj1452 said:

Heard someone on the way out “hope we lose a few more so we sack this manager” couldn’t believe it

No patience at all, already a few grumblings at 0-0 and as soon as we conceded it was full on moaning at the players. Ironically every time we did lump it forward from the keeper I’m pretty sure we lost the ball.

At least one of the two old boys who sit behind me didn’t come today so I didn’t have to listen to 90 minutes of moaning about wokeness and cancel culture like usual 😂

People going to matches hoping we lose? **** me, what is the actual point of giving up your time to do this?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

People going to matches hoping we lose? **** me, what is the actual point of giving up your time to do this?

This is not new.

On the anecdotal evidence of the vast majority just sitting on their collective arse throughout, disappointing though it is, the ubiquitous and overused 'embarrassing' it ain't. Can people not find another word, or are really people so easily embarrassed?

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

For how our crowd works the football is not conducive for getting it going. Thought when  you’re smiling was sung well though. 

Shame that it was cut short again. It's almost like they get the timing wrong. Just start it 10 seconds earlier, ffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

We just won 6 in a row you ungrateful bast*rds. How much more do you want the manager to give whilst rebuilding a new squad at the same time with a new system. 

Man City have just won multiple titles and a Europeon Cup, but often their atmospheres are flat too.

What im saying is, the style of football may be fantastic to watch,  but the slow build up, and 900 short passes during a game just dont get their fans off their feet and roaring them forward, in a way where a more faster paced style of game does, and the same goes for the football we are trying to play down here, which is based on the Man City way, as we all know.

The excitement on the pitch, will effect the excitement in the crowd, so making for a better louder atmosphere, or a mundane flat atmosphere..

It has always been the case, from the year dot, and will always be so.

I`m not knocking the we are trying to play, i`m fascinated by it, and whether we can play it well, in the time to come, because it will be great to watch.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Will every team sing “duh, duh, duh, football in a library” at ours this season?

Hull City could barely contain themselves today and only made it until the 6th minute before cracking it out.

Every team that does it has 25% empty seats at home and zero atmosphere. Becoming tedious already 

We do it as well. We were singing at Burton after 5 minutes lol 

Hideous chant

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Will every team sing “duh, duh, duh, football in a library” at ours this season?

Hull City could barely contain themselves today and only made it until the 6th minute before cracking it out.

Every team that does it has 25% empty seats at home and zero atmosphere. Becoming tedious already 

We do it at every ground we visit as well. We’re one step away from ‘Leicester are massive everywhere we go’ filling up Instagram. 
Thought it sounded ok on tv yday. Can’t blame the style of football on a poor atmosphere lol. If this forum is to be believed all our fans are ancient relics without smart phones, whilst that isn’t true, fans and football styles have to evolve, get on board. 

8 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

The Hull fans were so predictably unoriginal. A group were singing the 'your wife is a grass' song walking down Raw Dykes Road pre-match. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

The Hull fans were so predictably unoriginal. A group were singing the 'your wife is a grass' song walking down Raw Dykes Road pre-match. 

We’re hull, we’re mad, we’ll shag your mum and dad. Classy. 

Some lanky streak of pi55 came out of the away end screaming at kids to ‘kiss his badge’. 

Edited by Chelmofox

36 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They bought fan cam back yesterday fwiw

And whilst they don't stick clappers on every seat now ... a positive ....  there are people just inside the turnstiles ramming them into everyone's hands.  ok a few politely say "no thanks" but most seem to just meekly accept them, even though they're probably not that bothered.   And then they start using the annoying things.  

Sometimes, I just want to to give up  ................................

• Like 4