Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I just want, and it never seems to come, just one game where everything clicks and falls into place.

Just one game where, from start to finish, the team give us things to clap, scream, shout, applaud, jump around, celebrate and sing for a whole 90 minutes. 

I go to games every week full of hope and a sense of "Maybe this time" but 99% of the time, within 15 - 20 mins the anti climax feeling kicks in as the inevitable happens and the atmosphere drops like a boulder in a lake. Even with the wins lately nothing seems to get our crowd loud rocking and proud again.

I  can't work out if I've either become immune or accustomed to it all now, since last year I've certainly become expectant of it and that's a shame.

sat in M1 yesterday and the atmosphere was decent in there. quite a lot of singing, whether that gets amplified around the ground i don't know. didn't think too much of their support either despite being right next to them, huge number of young weirdos offering everyone outside as well, including the lad that got on the netting when they scored and his arse went when he realised the stewards hadn't stopped him. singing section down the far end can't be heard at all from the other end either. not sure it was anywhere near as bad as some are saying on here but suppose it depends on where you sit and people still hanging on to the idea "the kop" will be anything like the old ground when it was standing

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Why though? Like whole point of a supporter is to support. Its just fair weather and expectant behaviour if you only will do that when winning.

You need ask some of your mates that question then, a few seasons ago at the Etihad they gave up singing from 60-70 minutes onwards, I asked them why they’d stopped (stood right behind the 3 regulars pre Covid who went every game) and they’re answer was they can only start so many songs  and we were getting beaten badly.

But what they fail to realise was the rest of us around them were singing every chant. Are UFS fair weather then?

You can reply with why didn’t you start a chant, I don’t claim to be in a group who see that as their prerogative at games but I do always join in, they claim to be making sections better but didn’t want to participate anymore. Odd that.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

39 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

And another thing.     I wish they'd turn down the volume on the pre-match music.   It almost gives me a headache, as I'm not deaf.    Yet.  

I was hoping they'd turn it up at half time. Love a bit of Wolf Alice. Most entertaining part of the match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, promised land said:

You need ask some of your mates that question then, a few seasons ago at the Etihad they gave up singing from 60-70 minutes onwards, I asked them why they’d stopped (stood right behind the 3 regulars pre Covid who went every game) and they’re answer was they can only start so many songs  and we were getting beaten badly.

But what they fail to realise was the rest of us around them were singing every chant. Are UFS fair weather then?

You can reply with why didn’t you start a chant, I don’t claim to be in a group who see that as their prerogative at games but I do always join in, they claim to be making sections better but didn’t want to participate anymore. Odd that.

Yeah we do have many an internal discussion and group meetings. Kind of hard to discuss a specific game from a few seasons ago now. That incident parked I think you can see from the comments in this that more recently it has been noted how those guys are ploughing on.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah we do have many an internal discussion and group meetings. Kind of hard to discuss a specific game from a few seasons ago now. That incident parked I think you can see from the comments in this that more recently it has been noted how those guys are ploughing on.

I think this discussion will always go round in a never ending circle. I think it’s fair to say that in each section it sounds decent but the opposite end is hard to hear. That went for me in sk1 with the away end. People say great but to our end didn’t seem as loud as if you were nearer.. It probably was decent.. 

With regards to the groups of supporters, sk1 and the section in recent times have been much better, and how anyone can (and I sound like a broken record) but moan at them at least attempting an atmosphere is beyond me. Nice to hear crazy but it’s true chant going for much longer than usual. Sometimes after the first one it drops off but it went on for about 4 times or so yesterday. It’s an old classic which should have the crowd going but it was tough going yesterday.

Does the drum ever make an appearance away? 

I get that the song book is limited but there’s a whole topic of songs and suggestions.. what I have noticed is very little player chants get sung throughout the games only if they score or get subbed on.. nothing wrong with just airing dewsbury hall completely out the blue. 

The group of lads were chanting about mads yesterday, seemed like a relatively new song but didn’t cotton on the words.. 

I just find it difficult to see a whole block in the singing section not wanting to contribute, then ufs get the stick for it 

7 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

And whilst they don't stick clappers on every seat now ... a positive ....  there are people just inside the turnstiles ramming them into everyone's hands.  ok a few politely say "no thanks" but most seem to just meekly accept them, even though they're probably not that bothered.   And then they start using the annoying things.  

Sometimes, I just want to to give up  ................................

I'm not sure where you sit but at our entrance to SK4, yesterday was the first match I've seen anyone near the turnstiles with the clappers. And they stood there looking bored, absolutely no interaction with anyone entering. 

And the uptake isn't high near us either, I've seen a couple of kids with them at recent games but no one else. 

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm not sure where you sit but at our entrance to SK4, yesterday was the first match I've seen anyone near the turnstiles with the clappers. And they stood there looking bored, absolutely no interaction with anyone entering. 

And the uptake isn't high near us either, I've seen a couple of kids with them at recent games but no one else. 

Ah, that's something good then.     In our particular East Stand turnstiles, it was like a zealot on speed dishing them out!

7 hours ago, guest123 said:

sat in M1 yesterday and the atmosphere was decent in there. quite a lot of singing, whether that gets amplified around the ground i don't know. didn't think too much of their support either despite being right next to them, huge number of young weirdos offering everyone outside as well, including the lad that got on the netting when they scored and his arse went when he realised the stewards hadn't stopped him. singing section down the far end can't be heard at all from the other end either. not sure it was anywhere near as bad as some are saying on here but suppose it depends on where you sit and people still hanging on to the idea "the kop" will be anything like the old ground when it was standing

Nothing from the North stand is heard from the South stand. Not M1, the away fans, or L1.

3 hours ago, MS0204 said:

I think this discussion will always go round in a never ending circle. I think it’s fair to say that in each section it sounds decent but the opposite end is hard to hear. That went for me in sk1 with the away end. People say great but to our end didn’t seem as loud as if you were nearer.. It probably was decent.. 

With regards to the groups of supporters, sk1 and the section in recent times have been much better, and how anyone can (and I sound like a broken record) but moan at them at least attempting an atmosphere is beyond me. Nice to hear crazy but it’s true chant going for much longer than usual. Sometimes after the first one it drops off but it went on for about 4 times or so yesterday. It’s an old classic which should have the crowd going but it was tough going yesterday.

Does the drum ever make an appearance away? 

I get that the song book is limited but there’s a whole topic of songs and suggestions.. what I have noticed is very little player chants get sung throughout the games only if they score or get subbed on.. nothing wrong with just airing dewsbury hall completely out the blue. 

The group of lads were chanting about mads yesterday, seemed like a relatively new song but didn’t cotton on the words.. 

I just find it difficult to see a whole block in the singing section not wanting to contribute, then ufs get the stick for it 

It has done twice at Huddersfield, snook it in at Copenhagen and got it there for Brugge.

Its such a pain in the arse getting it signed off that we sort of gave up trying. Swansea burnt us before by agreeing it and a load of flags before refusing it all at the gate.

I think our ends would improve tenfold with a drum being there.

This is more of a general comment but why do our fans look so dead when we score? Watching united and arsenal fans celebrate goals and I can’t remember the last time ours ever looked like that. We’ve been in some massive games in recent years too, many the final goal we did but in general it’s absolutely dead 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It has done twice at Huddersfield, snook it in at Copenhagen and got it there for Brugge.

Its such a pain in the arse getting it signed off that we sort of gave up trying. Swansea burnt us before by agreeing it and a load of flags before refusing it all at the gate.

I think our ends would improve tenfold with a drum being there.

100% absolutely… 

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

We have become sterile …. The Taylor report and changes were too draconian and change our football culture forever 

Can't even fart without stewards being all over you. European football atmosphere is on another level with the flares,banners ect .....here the health and safety brigade have clamped down on everything and I  can't see it changing anytime soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nothing from the North stand is heard from the South stand. Not M1, the away fans, or L1.

well what do you suggest then? I've sat all over the ground during the years and can tell you despite what people might want, the kop is the most sterile place in the ground behind the west stand flask brigade.from my seat yesterday i saw at one point early in the singing section some clapping thing but no noise, and sorry to say, only about 40 odd people that end joining in. pretty clear loads in that area aren't bothered, so whats plan b? not having a go at anyone for doing what they feel right at football, but reading here sometimes you'd think the only people interested are 40 odd people in the singing section when it ain't

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

well what do you suggest then? I've sat all over the ground during the years and can tell you despite what people might want, the kop is the most sterile place in the ground behind the west stand flask brigade.from my seat yesterday i saw at one point early in the singing section some clapping thing but no noise, and sorry to say, only about 40 odd people that end joining in. pretty clear loads in that area aren't bothered, so whats plan b? not having a go at anyone for doing what they feel right at football, but reading here sometimes you'd think the only people interested are 40 odd people in the singing section when it ain't

You asked if the North stand was heard by the south stand so I just answered you.

I know UFS don’t want to be next to the away fans but is there any chance they could trial a game in the league this season in M block? The general sale bit when the away team doesn’t sell out.

I think it would make such a difference having  two blocks either side of the away fans. I also think UFS would be surprised how much more people would join in as well. 

5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I know UFS don’t want to be next to the away fans but is there any chance they could trial a game in the league this season in M block? The general sale bit when the away team doesn’t sell out.

I think it would make such a difference having  two blocks either side of the away fans. I also think UFS would be surprised how much more people would join in as well. 

Given they’ve faced pretty draconian treatment at the other end of the ground, why court even more attention? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I ain’t sure what your thinking of but the atmosphere ain’t near the away fans, flicking the vs, doing w*kner signs is not atmosphere and all of the prem stadiums atmosphere is the opposite end to the away fans anyways.. 

• Like 2