Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Why though? Like whole point of a supporter is to support. Its just fair weather and expectant behaviour if you only will do that when winning.

You are very correct, and I do fully agree with your statement. Right now though our club is very separated all the way from board - players - fans. It is a tough situation for Maresca and this is no indication on him at all. He just happens to come to our club at this moment in time.

This is just my opinion and of course I can be very wrong. 

The last 18 months of Brendan, drained the life out of our fanbase. We have gone from one of the loudest fan bases to what we currently see/ hear now. Whenever we conceded a goal there was always a unified "come on Leicester" from the stadium. Now though we are almost resigned to this before games. Brendan constantly in the press lowered our expectations and even blamed the fans, told the players are not good enough (the majority he signed) then went from a very attractive style of play (which he brilliantly coached his first 18 months) to one of possession with a very slow build up. Repeatedly playing Ward / Amartey / Thomas / Ndidi and expecting to play out from the back when we could all see we do not have the players for that. Gone are the days of a manager getting the best out of the team he has. There has to be a philopshy and style of play which the players have to adapt too. We lost 30 or so games last season with a style of play which helped our opposition. Culminating with relegation, there is bound to be a decrease in stadium atmosphere. 

In previous years under O'Neil / Pearson / Ranieri we had a team who were giving it there all, playing as a team, whether it was blocking shots or quick attacking play. And this was exciting and the crowd would always support. Now the modern game is about having possession and our version the previous year or so has been very slow and hard to watch.  Again the noise will be lowered due to this. 

We are have been so lucky to see our city, champions of League 1 to Premier League, both domestic cups and great European runs, we have a lot to be cheerful for. The noise around the stadium will soon return. 

Edited by JJD_LCFC
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I know UFS don’t want to be next to the away fans but is there any chance they could trial a game in the league this season in M block? The general sale bit when the away team doesn’t sell out.

I think it would make such a difference having  two blocks either side of the away fans. I also think UFS would be surprised how much more people would join in as well. 

Tried it against Brighton in the cup and it was flat. Didn't once get L1 and M1 going in conjunction and I'd suggest it just spurred the away fans to sing more than they would have otherwise.

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Tried it against Brighton in the cup and it was flat. Didn't once get L1 and M1 going in conjunction and I'd suggest it just spurred the away fans to sing more than they would have otherwise.

I do think it’s worth another shot in a bigger game with more riding on it. If there’s any way we can get more of us who want to be loud closer together it can only be a good thing imo. 

• Like 4

At one point on Saturday, the pre-match "music" (noise) was so loud, you could actually feel the vibrations.   Couldn't even have a conversation with the person next to me.

If it annoys you too, please give feedback to the club at  [email protected]  and ask them to turn the volume down.       If enough of us ask, they might just listen.

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

At one point on Saturday, the pre-match "music" (noise) was so loud, you could actually feel the vibrations.   Couldn't even have a conversation with the person next to me.

If it annoys you too, please give feedback to the club at  [email protected]  and ask them to turn the volume down.       If enough of us ask, they might just listen.

What's the bad news?

10 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

My advise would be that if you want to chat then go to the concourse.

3 hours ago, Munshi said:

Yeah pre match against Coventry was pretty much how it should always be but it seems that was a one off and we’re back to overly loud music and fan cam again :yawn:

Big deal about fan cam - so a few kids can wave at the camera?? In the grand scheme of things does it really matter or affect your match day experience lol

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Big deal about fan cam - so a few kids can wave at the camera?? In the grand scheme of things does it really matter or affect your match day experience lol

dunno about this fan cam but people who see themselves on a screen and suddenly get excited like it's some sort of witchcraft or 1 in a million occurrence are most probably mentally deficient. i've seen people almost crying when their team is down in a cup final and suddenly switch into waving and smiling like a simpleton on a dime. 

depressing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

dunno about this fan cam but people who see themselves on a screen and suddenly get excited like it's some sort of witchcraft or 1 in a million occurrence are most probably mentally deficient. i've seen people almost crying when their team is down in a cup final and suddenly switch into waving and smiling like a simpleton on a dime. 

depressing.

Smile, it’s okay.

8 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

depressing.

I find it depressing no one ever takes the opportunity to scowl, flick the Vs and mouth “fvck off” down the lens. 

Feral family section boy would do that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I find it depressing no one ever takes the opportunity to scowl, flick the Vs and mouth “fvck off” down the lens. 

Feral family section boy would do that. 

Especially last season when the club was getting relegated. 

T-shirt Cannons and grins all round 

23 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

What's the obsession with getting UFS close to the away fans? Numerous teams fervent supporters sit nowhere near the away end.

If it comes from supporters wanting to me near UFS who might be in the family stand at the moment. I think it worth saying again and agin as it is not really common knowledge I don't think, but you can relocate your season ticket at any point of the season.

Genuinely surprised they persist with the t shirt cannons after it turned openly hostile in the last few home games last season. The amount being chucked back at them should have sent a message.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1