Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It was all very flat in the first half but was a definite improvement in the second and obviously towards the end.

Shout out to the lads towards the back of G block I think it was who tried to get it going all night and when those towards the front did catch on we sounded good at times.

The Norwich lot behind the goal tbf did keep it going for long periods they just aren’t very loud with it.

Was our lot and a few others who was were doing it. Good limbs for the goals too tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Was our lot and a few others who was were doing it. Good limbs for the goals too tbf.

Fair play to you mate, it was frustrating as we were about half way down and joining in but plenty around us just let it drown out after a few seconds.

Yeah I was surprised how good the noise was after the penalty went in, for whatever ever reason I’ve always thought the noise is never the same celebrating a penalty but bodies all over the place when Kel slid over towards us

9 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I wonder what our two uncharacteristically brilliant ends will be this year? We usually get at least two a season. Think West Brom will be one. 

We are always good at Stoke and West Brom.

Usually ok at Newcastle and Villa too. 

I reckon QPR might be the other surprise one. 

80% of our ends are weak as hell but its like you said those ones you can't call that surprise you and lure you back in somewhat.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Fair play to you mate, it was frustrating as we were about half way down and joining in but plenty around us just let it drown out after a few seconds.

I was also about half way down and agree, like someone said fair play to the boys who really tried to get it going but I thought the atmosphere for large parts of the game was poor, and I wondered whether I was watching a top of the table championship clash or the 2nd round of the carabao cup. 

looking on social media and England start the chants and other clubs adopt it, abba voulez vous and another that they just created on stones (can’t think of the song but tune is bloody catchy).. Norwich done them both last night and all we could muster up is kels chant that has 6 words.. sorry but it’s embarrassing. We have a songs section of god knows how many pages and a song book of about 8-10 chants at most which is done within 5 mins. And to top it off football in a library was started.. 

Leicester fans can create decent away ends but the variety in songs is so stale now. Not sure if anyone else agrees but somethings got to change. Either we use other clubs chants and change it to our own or bugger the ones who can’t learn a song, I’m sure plenty of others can..

• Like 2

Just now, MS0204 said:

I was also about half way down and agree, like someone said fair play to the boys who really tried to get it going but I thought the atmosphere for large parts of the game was poor, and I wondered whether I was watching a top of the table championship clash or the 2nd round of the carabao cup. 

looking on social media and England start the chants and other clubs adopt it, abba voulez vous and another that they just created on stones (can’t think of the song but tune is bloody catchy).. Norwich done them both last night and all we could muster up is kels chant that has 6 words.. sorry but it’s embarrassing. We have a songs section of god knows how many pages and a song book of about 8-10 chants at most which is done within 5 mins. And to top it off football in a library was started.. 

Leicester fans can create decent away ends but the variety in songs is so stale now. Not sure if anyone else agrees but somethings got to change. Either we use other clubs chants and change it to our own or bugger the ones who can’t learn a song, I’m sure plenty of others can..

I don't know the answer but its certianly hard getting anything new at our place. 

Can only speak from UFS but they have tried 5 new ones this season and it just seems to get drowend out by our third version of the Iwan tune and Straight back up. 

Both are positive in that they are tunes more than most sing its just the barrier to getting more sung and perhaps those that are a lot more original. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We are always good at Stoke and West Brom.

Usually ok at Newcastle and Villa too. 

I reckon QPR might be the other surprise one. 

80% of our ends are weak as hell but its like you said those ones you can't call that surprise you and lure you back in somewhat.

Ashton Gate is spot on for away fans. Whole stand behind the goal with a low roof. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don't know the answer but its certianly hard getting anything new at our place. 

Can only speak from UFS but they have tried 5 new ones this season and it just seems to get drowend out by our third version of the Iwan tune and Straight back up. 

Both are positive in that they are tunes more than most sing its just the barrier to getting more sung and perhaps those that are a lot more original. 

I just think keep persisting, eventually it will cotton on, and maybe for the 5 your trying to start, post the words or bring it to the last post so people read them again.. eventually it will stick 

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Yeah true tbf

We usually save our best away ends for Yorkshire and the Midlands + Newcastle

Anything down south is a complete right-off and the north west ones are pretty hit and miss

Right, let’s get this drum sorted for Blackburn lol

17 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Heard it was again tough work in the stands last night.

What was the support to the right of the away end like? They have a relatively new drum led group in there.

It was basically, again, crap until we scored and then picked up when it was obvious we were going to win.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Not wishing to sound a bit of a killjoy, but the evidence of last Saturday's cricket at Trent Bridge ... is to keep it simple, and not over complicate matters.

All the old simple songs ("Leicester, Leicester Leicester", "we love you Leicester", Come on Leicester", "leicestershire la la la, " "L C C C", etc etc" were absolutely belted out superbly for hour after hour.    That's what generated a superb atmosphere.

I appreciate it's nice to get the odd good original new song going, but it's the old simple songs that everyone can sing, and can generate a great atmosphere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Not wishing to sound a bit of a killjoy, but the evidence of last Saturday's cricket at Trent Bridge ... is to keep it simple, and not over complicate matters.

All the old simple songs ("Leicester, Leicester Leicester", "we love you Leicester", Come on Leicester", "leicestershire la la la, " "L C C C", etc etc" were absolutely belted out superbly for hour after hour.    That's what generated a superb atmosphere.

I appreciate it's nice to get the odd good original new song going, but it's the old simple songs that everyone can sing, and can generate a great atmosphere.

Coupled with the fact that everyone in that stand was there to make an atmosphere and have fun. On that point, the atmosphere at the cricket is more evidence that the atmosphere at the football will improve vastly if UFS were to join with L1 as it was pretty obvious just from looking around that there were a load of guys who stand in L1 and a load of guys who stand in the section together where once again a really good atmosphere has been made. Trying to get the people in our "kop" and east stand to magically become singing fans is clearly not going to happen so i really don't see the apprehension in joining the two

35 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Well having 90 mins of come on Leicester and we love Leicester as you describe is one way of making the club the laughing stock of the U.K.. you’d get more effort at a Coalville game.. 

I don’t believe for one second everyone can sing the simple songs or you would hear more atmosphere from the east and west on matchdays instead of them just clapping to a song.. 

The revolving circle of atmosphere :dunno: