Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

8 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Well having 90 mins of come on Leicester and we love Leicester as you describe is one way of making the club the laughing stock of the U.K.. you’d get more effort at a Coalville game.. 

That's a bit of a weird thing to say.       I can think of a lot more other ways to make us "the laughing stock of the UK", as you put it.

• Like 2

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

That's a bit of a weird thing to say.       I can think of a lot more other ways to make us "the laughing stock of the UK", as you put it.

Already known as the clapper brigade.. now a club that was in the champions league a few years ago can only muster chants of 6 words or less.. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Well having 90 mins of come on Leicester and we love Leicester as you describe is one way of making the club the laughing stock of the U.K.. you’d get more effort at a Coalville game.. 

I don’t believe for one second everyone can sing the simple songs or you would hear more atmosphere from the east and west on matchdays instead of them just clapping to a song.. 

The revolving circle of atmosphere :dunno:

I don’t entirely disagree with you but two fan bases lauded as some of the best in the country by some, Newcastle and Leeds, both have a large number of extremely simplistic chants that are sung on repeat for large periods of a game.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Already known as the clapper brigade.. now a club that was in the champions league a few years ago can only muster chants of 6 words or less.. 

In fairness, I suppose you do have a point.

We've played Villa a few times, and their "Vi-lla Vi-lla" chant, is probably the loudest in English football on its day.   But it's only one word, so it doesn't really count towards generating an atmosphere.

<Edited:>

I'll tell you something else as well. 

I bet when those Leicestershire cricketers came off the field at the end, they were saying to themselves "Terrible support, we're a laughing stock.  If only they could've sung some songs with more words in"

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In fairness, I suppose you do have a point.

We've played Villa a few times, and their "Vi-lla Vi-lla" chant, is probably the loudest in English football on its day.   But it's only one word, so it doesn't really count towards generating an atmosphere.

Last season at villa park, their whole holte end joins in though which makes all the difference and after they kept taking their lead it was buzzing.. seems funny that the majority of the holte would belt out their Allez allez chant but if it was the kp it would only be the section or L1.. some people don’t like that chant, but for me personally when you sing it slow and loud there is something about it which makes me think wow.. bit like hearing scotland sing flower of Scotland but that’s another story..

I was stood at Norwich in a Square of about 20 people who were quite happy just standing there and that was even when the simple chants were going on. People want that but then do they join in, does the whole of the kop join in with just chanting Leicester, no.. anyone handy on a megaphone lol

We have plenty of songs with more words. The most popular at the minute is probably Enzo Went To Europe, not exactly a 6-word dirge. Likewise to the same tune, Jamie Vardy's Magic.

I don't get the obsession with trying to recite Shakespeare for the sake of being different in the stands - sometimes less is more. That Darts chant for Maddison is a good example - it never really caught on because it was a jumbled mess with lyrics that were hard to follow. I think he even commented long after it was started that he didn't know he 'had a song'. lol

23 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I wonder what our two uncharacteristically brilliant ends will be this year? We usually get at least two a season. Think West Brom will be one. 

QPR should be good as it's the only Saturday 3pm in London.

I've got high hopes for Cov, Stoke, Preston and Plymouth.*

Cov will most likely dissapoint.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

15 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We have plenty of songs with more words. The most popular at the minute is probably Enzo Went To Europe, not exactly a 6-word dirge. Likewise to the same tune, Jamie Vardy's Magic.

I don't get the obsession with trying to recite Shakespeare for the sake of being different in the stands - sometimes less is more. That Darts chant for Maddison is a good example - it never really caught on because it was a jumbled mess with lyrics that were hard to follow. I think he even commented long after it was started that he didn't know he 'had a song'. lol

We don’t have to recite Shakespeare but let’s expand the chant list as in 90 mins Wednesday there were about 10 on repeat.. 

Didn’t hear 

On Tuesday/Wednesday nights under the lights

Lets get were on the way back and put two players in that ain’t got a chant already

(when people just shout wout it sounds like we’re booing him lol

two songs that ain’t difficult but would just add a bit more variety.. 

I don’t know when it changed from chants to songs in the charts but times moved on, some ain’t bothered if it’s simple chants but so many of our first team we don’t even mention when they walk over.. Kasey was loving it the other night, simple chant. It would make all the difference 

1 minute ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I always think it was interesting that, no matter how well he played for us, we never really had a song for Maddison. Not sure if it says something about us or him though. 

I think it's a mix of the two.

IMO he was too confident and cocksure for your average Leicester local to handle and his song was shite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Good to hear Enzo calling out our home support and asking for a bit more. Yet again proving that it matters to players and managers. 

Won't make any difference though.  But it's always embarrassing when the manager has to try and get the fans to make more noise.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Won't make any difference though.  But it's always embarrassing when the manager has to try and get the fans to make more noise.

Sounds to me that it's aimed at the muppets that grunt and groan because we've played a pass between two centre halves as opposed to just punting it up the pitch.

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Good to hear Enzo calling out our home support and asking for a bit more. Yet again proving that it matters to players and managers. 

To me it sounded like he was asking for an end to the non stop droning and barking when we haven't hoofed it up to Steve Howard to chase 5 seconds after getting the ball, the gasps and yelps when we play a few balls around the back line and the general negative chuntering around the place.

• Like 2

Is someone "conducting" the fans with a megaphone? This is the case in many clubs on the Continent to get the atmosphere going. Check both Copenhagen and Brøndby, Fenerbache et al  -  it just gets the stadium atmosphere going.

The atmosphere on the video is basically started by a couple of "cheerleaders" (with their back to the pitch.....) setting things in motion. It gets the whole stadium involved.

Edited by TheStig