Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Is someone "conducting" the fans with a megaphone? This is the case in many clubs on the Continent to get the atmosphere going. Check both Copenhagen and Brøndby, Fenerbache et al  -  it just gets the stadium atmosphere going.

There was a slight informal way of doing it with a chap on a seat, he got banned for six games for doing this.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

We have plenty of songs with more words. The most popular at the minute is probably Enzo Went To Europe, not exactly a 6-word dirge. Likewise to the same tune, Jamie Vardy's Magic.

I don't get the obsession with trying to recite Shakespeare for the sake of being different in the stands - sometimes less is more. That Darts chant for Maddison is a good example - it never really caught on because it was a jumbled mess with lyrics that were hard to follow. I think he even commented long after it was started that he didn't know he 'had a song'. lol

100%. We always over complicate it. Like the winks one, now there’s a long chant for him. Just leave it at Harry Harry winks! 

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

There was a slight informal way of doing it with a chap on a seat, he got banned for six games for doing this.

He got banned for 6 games for standing on a seat and singing? Sounds like this is missing a massive bit of context. If not, it sounds as unjust as this forum with the 'why have I been banned for discussing politics!!!!' threads whilst loads of middle aged internet dudes abuse each other 

10 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

100%. We always over complicate it. Like the winks one, now there’s a long chant for him. Just leave it at Harry Harry winks! 

The Winks chant is four lines, a piece of piss and sounds great.

Players deserve their own chants to reasonably unique tunes, otherwise you end up with the daft situation recently where we had chants to 'La Bamba' for about four different players.

Mad that we're at the stage where singing anything beyond just the player's name is considered fvcking Dostoyevsky.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

He got banned for 6 games for standing on a seat and singing? Sounds like this is missing a massive bit of context. If not, it sounds as unjust as this forum with the 'why have I been banned for discussing politics!!!!' threads whilst loads of middle aged internet dudes abuse each other 

I kid you not, agree hugely unjust. The club last season spun their ban sanction wheel and this lad copt for six games.

Edited by SemperEadem

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I kid you not, agree hugely unjust. The club last season spun their ban sanction wheel and this lad copt for six games.

I'll vouch for this being the honest truth too.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Asked about this at a meeting with the club earlier this week, unsurprisingly it's a no.

Pity - would make the King Power into a fortress. What was the reason for the "no". Enzo is asking for more crowd support and the club is rejecting it..... Don´t quite get it

Edited by TheStig

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I'll vouch for this being the honest truth too.

Snide and very spiteful, I’ve seen people standing on seats multiple times and presumably not getting a ban 

Sadly we just don't have enough people who are interested in creating a great atmosphere. We've had loads of threads on here over time filled with the 'I don't have to make a noise and I will sit down and then leave on 85 minutes if I like, I've paid for my seat' brigade. Sad times. 

It's little wonder that so many more of us are enjoying football abroad these days, at least it has a bit of passion to it. I'd love to see it at the KP,  but it isn't going to happen until the majority want it. No harm in those who want it keep trying though :) 

• Like 2

On 21/09/2023 at 09:49, AKCJ said:

Drums have no place in football IMO.

Leicester fans chanted along to the Norwich drummer ffs.

Yeah but come on , it was in jest, and trying to out sing  them / hijack their songs.

I was impressed with their singing section, and at times all of that stand and the snake pit were singing together. I noticed some our lot were gawping at their volume and some different songs to our limited set list.

I was disappointed with our quiet spells considering our form and it was under the lights against a rival.

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Sadly we just don't have enough people who are interested in creating a great atmosphere. We've had loads of threads on here over time filled with the 'I don't have to make a noise and I will sit down and then leave on 85 minutes if I like, I've paid for my seat' brigade. Sad times. 

It's little wonder that so many more of us are enjoying football abroad these days, at least it has a bit of passion to it. I'd love to see it at the KP,  but it isn't going to happen until the majority want it. No harm in those who want it keep trying though :) 

I agree to some extent.  But the problem with the King Power is there is no 'end' where the more vocal fans can group together.  I'm not talking about small pockets like we have now, we need a whole end.  That will of course never happen the club aren't interested.

I agree with you if a great atmosphere is important to you, then watch matches abroad or even in scotland where the clubs have embraced the supporter groups.

It's a sad time but its been like this for many years, some of us thought safe stannding would be a game changer, it hasnt been at all, we have a generation of fans standing in silence instead of sitting in silence, a generation that only make noise in the concourses which they film for whatever social media platform they get their likes on.

We're a victim of the holliganism of past decades, the success of the league and of a generation growing up with quiet stadiums.

The only way things could change is with the clubs embracing supporter groups, and moving supporters (like they did at derby).

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2

Here we go again, whining about how wonderful other fans singing/chanting is. I thought City’s fans were ok on to. the other night and on a number of away matches on the radio. Looking at the Spurs fans’ video for Maddison, how come nobody adapted that simple song for Madders! The European fans have always been more dynamic and passionate than English fans. It’s not in our DNA to be so . Our passions are stirred by events on the pitch and we respond accordingly. We can’t just pretend to be excited. Also, we are watching a football match, not judging a singing contest.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I agree to some extent.  But the problem with the King Power is there is no 'end' where the more vocal fans can group together.  I'm not talking about small pockets like we have now, we need a whole end.  That will of course never happen the club aren't interested.

I agree with you if a great atmosphere is important to you, then watch matches abroad or even in scotland where the clubs have embraced the supporter groups.

It's a sad time but its been like this for many years, some of us thought safe stannding would be a game changer, it hasnt been at all, we have a generation of fans standing in silence instead of sitting in silence, a generation that only make noise in the concourses which they film for whatever social media platform they get their likes on.

We're a victim of the holliganism of past decades, the success of the league and of a generation growing up with quiet stadiums.

The only way things could change is with the clubs embracing supporter groups, and moving supporters (like they did at derby).

I can't remember the ins and outs now, but I think the club have tried to help by allowing the singing section? Unfortunately there seemed to be too many people already with ST inside the area who refused to move, which brings us back to my initial point. Too many I'm alright Jacks,  and not enough people who want to embrace a decent atmosphere. 

8 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Here we go again, whining about how wonderful other fans singing/chanting is. I thought City’s fans were ok on to. the other night and on a number of away matches on the radio. Looking at the Spurs fans’ video for Maddison, how come nobody adapted that simple song for Madders! The European fans have always been more dynamic and passionate than English fans. It’s not in our DNA to be so . Our passions are stirred by events on the pitch and we respond accordingly. We can’t just pretend to be excited. Also, we are watching a football match, not judging a singing contest.

The players and the managers have been quoted numerous times saying that a great atmosphere helps, why as supporters would we not try our utmost to help our team on?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The players and the managers have been quoted numerous times saying that a great atmosphere helps, why as supporters would we not try our utmost to help our team on?

As the post suggests, it’s just not in our dna. Posts like let’s get a megaphone at the ground or a bloke directing the chanting are so un-British it’s laughable. We act like commodities, and therefore get treated like commodities, which is being seen in every part of British life now. The singing section and those who individually (I was shown proof of this pre Bournemouth match) lay out tifos should be highly commended and seen as an example to follow, rather than some European megaphone brigade 

• Like 1