Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, leicester84 said:

What i dont understand is how can it be that anywhere away supporters have more noise 

It's a mentality thing, like the 10 German bombers RAF song. Brits have always prided themselves on two things being the underdog and behaving differently away from home. If you can outsing a crowd 10 times your number or more it's a badge of honour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

As the post suggests, it’s just not in our dna. Posts like let’s get a megaphone at the ground or a bloke directing the chanting are so un-British it’s laughable. We act like commodities, and therefore get treated like commodities, which is being seen in every part of British life now. The singing section and those who individually (I was shown proof of this pre Bournemouth match) lay out tifos should be highly commended and seen as an example to follow, rather than some European megaphone brigade 

I'm not sure you've quoted the right post here, or maybe I've misunderstood, you've pretty much agreed with everything I said I'm my last post while somehow making me feel like you're disagreeing with me lol

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure you've quoted the right post here, or maybe I've misunderstood, you've pretty much agreed with everything I said I'm my last post while somehow making me feel like you're disagreeing with me lol

I did quote the wrong post!! Apologies, my phone is very bad for the forum and I was hastily typing in the pub. Long story short, I agree! No to megaphones yes to growth/investing in the singing section. 

13 hours ago, dnewty said:

To be honest I think Enzo would just like the fans to help the team with a chant rather than creating nervous tension when the players are passing out from the back.

I have a feeling that in the Hull game the nervousness from the crowd heavily transcended onto the pitch.

What's the reason for 'nervous tension'? Could it be that the fans don't want to see Faes and Vestegaard passing between one another eighty five times while attacker chases the ball down because for the last four years we've been watching Amartey and Faes/Souttar/Maguire/Evans pass the ball eighty times whilst and attacker chases the ball down?

Because there's a fix for that.

It might be the style du jour and make everyone feel smug about playing from the back xgols and whatever else is the current fad but it doesn't change one salient point -

Fans do not enjoy watching that type of football. You cannot change that. I've been going three decades so MUCH longer than this style of football has been about. I don't have to suit what I like to see in my team to what the manager wants to do.

If footballers are having nervous energy 'transcended' onto them playing that style of football then surely that's evidence enough that they don't feel comfortable playing it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

What's the reason for 'nervous tension'? Could it be that the fans don't want to see Faes and Vestegaard passing between one another eighty five times while attacker chases the ball down because for the last four years we've been watching Amartey and Faes/Souttar/Maguire/Evans pass the ball eighty times whilst and attacker chases the ball down?

Because there's a fix for that.

It might be the style du jour and make everyone feel smug about playing from the back xgols and whatever else is the current fad but it doesn't change one salient point -

Fans do not enjoy watching that type of football. You cannot change that. I've been going three decades so MUCH longer than this style of football has been about. I don't have to suit what I like to see in my team to what the manager wants to do.

If footballers are having nervous energy 'transcended' onto them playing that style of football then surely that's evidence enough that they don't feel comfortable playing it.

I’m like you, I can’t help feeling tense with a sense of panic when we play it around our box, and the opponents are sprinting and pressing- I just fear one of our lads will slip or fractionally miss hit the next pass. So you’re right, most of our fans are bound to be silent and staring at the play hoping we don’t lose the ball.

I don’t know how the teens/ 20 somethings feel, if they’re playing that style now at amateur level. Maybe used to it and see it as normal part of todays game.

Something  I noticed against Norwich though, and as others have said, no chant  was sustained by us . There wasn’t even the easy “Come on Leicester “ when Norwich had spells on top and their fans were loud ( their singing section and drum were good). 
Also , as said on FT lots of times, why do we rush eieieio  at the end ? It sounds ridiculous and incoherent. Are we desperate to get to the ei bit quicker because it’s easy. It feels like we’re embarrassed at “Enzo is our king”. Maybe the lads in UFS can keep it in time today. 

Football is an entertainment business. 

I can't see why people WOULD be cheering and shouting with aimless possession at the back. It's objectively dull.

Certain sectors of people like to get a hard on over this because they can talk about 'breaking the press' and channel their inner hipster but the reality remains that the average football fan isn't on the edge of their seat waiting to roar at Faes passing it sideways and their striker being slightly out of position so we can advance the ball slightly.

It's working though and we're getting results so people are getting giddy over 'The Maresca Way' but if we weren't seeing games out there would quickly be comparisons with 'The Brendan Way'

And whilst I'm at it if you call and managers football xxxxball then you're a dull, slow witted idiot and I hate you. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

And whilst I'm at it if you call and managers football xxxxball then you're a dull, slow witted idiot and I hate you. 

If you say Marescaball three times in front of a mirror, the FoxesTalk horde will appear in the reflection and stare you down with a stern look of disapproval

26 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

But passing around the back IS working so far. Leave the past and Rodgers where it is. Championship players are nowhere near good enough to close our back line down, steal the ball and score. Drawing the opposition in and then playing the ball into KDH and winks in acres of space to lead the attack is yawningly apparent every match. These dudes didn’t suddenly become world beating dynamic midfielders overnight, the football style suits them. Get behind it! 

As before - it's entertainment and it's not entertaining even though we're winning. I've been going down thirty years and it's only the last two people have begun to suggest I should be lapping up boring, pedestrian passing at the back.

Obviously it's working now but there's a question - is it the system or the quality of the players getting the results. And the point I made is entirely germane - you say get behind it because we're winning. What about when we weren't. It's the same brand of football Rodgers played and don't try and pretend otherwise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's the same brand of football Rodgers played and don't try and pretend otherwise.

lol

lmao, even

there's a reductionist take if ever there was one

I look forward to your explanation of why all football teams who wear blue kits are just clones of each other

Edited by lfu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

As before - it's entertainment and it's not entertaining even though we're winning. I've been going down thirty years and it's only the last two people have begun to suggest I should be lapping up boring, pedestrian passing at the back.

Obviously it's working now but there's a question - is it the system or the quality of the players getting the results. And the point I made is entirely germane - you say get behind it because we're winning. What about when we weren't. It's the same brand of football Rodgers played and don't try and pretend otherwise.

How else could we play and do you think it would improve the position we are in as a result of Enzo’s system? 

1 hour ago, lfu said:

lol

lmao, even

there's a reductionist take if ever there was one

I look forward to your explanation of why all football teams who wear blue kits are just clones of each other

Spose I just don't have the refined footballing pallet that others do.

Passing round at the back does have so many levels.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Fair enough, I always thought 'it's an entertainment business' was the preserve of Spurs fans, but as I get older I see where you are coming from although do heavily disagree, there's nothing like winning. I don't see the current football as boring at all, we toy with teams then hit them fast and hard. A couple of the goals at Soton were electric. 

The football Rodgers played was bad because we were up against teams of a much higher quality and ability than the rabble we face now, and if we go up and start playing real football teams next season, it will be disastrous again. But we are playing low quality opposition now, I see no reason why we should be playing agricultural, basic Sunday league level football when we are so clearly a cut above.

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fair enough, I always thought 'it's an entertainment business' was the preserve of Spurs fans, but as I get older I see where you are coming from although do heavily disagree, there's nothing like winning. I don't see the current football as boring at all, we toy with teams then hit them fast and hard. A couple of the goals at Soton were electric. 

The football Rodgers played was bad because we were up against teams of a much higher quality and ability than the rabble we face now, and if we go up and start playing real football teams next season, it will be disastrous again. But we are playing low quality opposition now, I see no reason why we should be playing agricultural, basic Sunday league level football when we are so clearly a cut above.

Agreed on your last paragraph and it articulates what I've failed to - it's working now but it won't in the future.

Honestly, I like to watch counter attacking football but appreciate there's a lot more to it than that. Unfortunately, the template for a lot of teams at the minute is this shit mucking about at the back.

I do like the winning and it does paper over the cracks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LCFCfoxes12 said:

Highlight of Norwich was the brief Vestergaard chant and HANDBALL, hearing it randomly 20 minutes after the match walking back to the coach. Superb

Yeah the handball piss take got a proper good outing tbf lol

"You've seen the Leicester now fvck off home" seemed louder than usual too, I very much enjoyed dishing that out to the Norwich kids during stoppage time lol

40 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Actually lads you've utterly convinced me with your compelling arguments.

Can't wait to see the stadium erupt after fifteen minutes of backwards passes. 

It’s almost as compelling as yours that we should change our style so that you might be more entertained. The style that’s put us one point off top.

53 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I've not got my UEFA license. Don't know pal.

Thought as much.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It’s almost as compelling as yours that we should change our style so that you might be more entertained. The style that’s put us one point off top.

Thought as much.

I mean I wouldn't be pissing around on a message board arguing with strangers if I did.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Football is an entertainment business. 

I can't see why people WOULD be cheering and shouting with aimless possession at the back. It's objectively dull. 

I mean we're not playing aimless possession though are we? The passes have clear purpose. It's like calling fast counter attacking football "kick and rush", i.e. being a reductive bore because it's not your preferred style