Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 hours ago, old koppite said:

I’m like you, I can’t help feeling tense with a sense of panic when we play it around our box, and the opponents are sprinting and pressing- I just fear one of our lads will slip or fractionally miss hit the next pass. So you’re right, most of our fans are bound to be silent and staring at the play hoping we don’t lose the ball.

I don’t know how the teens/ 20 somethings feel, if they’re playing that style now at amateur level. Maybe used to it and see it as normal part of todays game.

Something  I noticed against Norwich though, and as others have said, no chant  was sustained by us . There wasn’t even the easy “Come on Leicester “ when Norwich had spells on top and their fans were loud ( their singing section and drum were good). 
Also , as said on FT lots of times, why do we rush eieieio  at the end ? It sounds ridiculous and incoherent. Are we desperate to get to the ei bit quicker because it’s easy. It feels like we’re embarrassed at “Enzo is our king”. Maybe the lads in UFS can keep it in time today. 

I know the answer to that.. because there are two versions.. half sing we are Leicester, then other half sing we are city so by rushing it, it moulds into one.. 

by the way is it Leicester or city?? lol

• Like 1

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

It was terrific again in the singing section today. What was it like elsewhere? It seemed good overall but it’s difficult to get perspective from the SS 

Seemed quite good where I was sat (C2). 

Especially when Enzo was encouraging us too while we had that dominance just after HT. 

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It was terrific again in the singing section today. What was it like elsewhere? It seemed good overall but it’s difficult to get perspective from the SS 

Sat in family stand in P1 today as a one off, was better than I’d expected in there to be fair 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

First time I’ve been to a game this season and I thought the atmosphere was crap in the first half. The poor lads in the singing section were going for it but nobody else seemed to want to join them. The second half it got better but we can still do a lot better. 

There was for sure a thing last season where folk either side and some in that section would not sing due to how the club handled its creation.

Do hope thats not the case now.

2 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Thought the atmosphere in SK1 was very good, particularly in the second half. The moment with King and Pearson afterwards was very special.

Shame the club decided to ruin the moment of everyone singing 'straight back up' after the full time whistle by blasting out the goal music song at max volume.

Said this in another thread, absolute disgrace that music was.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed on your last paragraph and it articulates what I've failed to - it's working now but it won't in the future.

Honestly, I like to watch counter attacking football but appreciate there's a lot more to it than that. Unfortunately, the template for a lot of teams at the minute is this shit mucking about at the back.

I do like the winning and it does paper over the cracks.

It’s hard to imagine anything more exhilarating (in football terms) than a ball over the top from Drinkwater to Vards, or a Mahrez dribble with a finish into the top corner. But if you can’t appreciate the skill and technicality of some of the football we’re playing at the moment then I feel for you.

Some of it is breathtaking, and it’s a genuinely interesting watch for most of the 90 for me. I’m really enjoying it, and not just in contrast to the last couple of seasons of dross. And I’m 41 so I’m not ancient but I’m definitely not a football hipster. 

Similarities with the football under Rodgers ends with possession. It’s a totally different beast. 

I was tempted to be churlish and suggest watching another sport, but actually I just feel for you if something you loved now bores you. I hope you can be convinced otherwise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah the handball piss take got a proper good outing tbf lol

"You've seen the Leicester now fvck off home" seemed louder than usual too, I very much enjoyed dishing that out to the Norwich kids during stoppage time lol

And to the 3 kids at the front at the end.... school in the morning...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1