Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

20 hours ago, Lionator said:

The traffic situation around the stadium is a joke. 

I normally park in freeman's Common, yesterday I sat in my car just to see when the traffic ends. At 6:45 I gave up and went home with it still gridlocked. What happens is non football traffic is coming from Aylestone Road, they see the traffic and think they are being clever diverting threw, but they are adding to the problem, same from the Morrisons side. The council need to do more to stop non football traffic heading towards the stadium after 5. 

15 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

I normally park in freeman's Common, yesterday I sat in my car just to see when the traffic ends. At 6:45 I gave up and went home with it still gridlocked. What happens is non football traffic is coming from Aylestone Road, they see the traffic and think they are being clever diverting threw, but they are adding to the problem, same from the Morrisons side. The council need to do more to stop non football traffic heading towards the stadium after 5. 

Yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it. Took over an hour to get out to the M69 past Fosse Park. No obvious reason other than too many vehicles. 

Even huge stationary queues on the A6 past Oadby towards the racecourse before the match. 

1 hour ago, smallpauldj said:

they need to close the bottom of that road going up the hill, I work on the common so park at work for games cars trying to turn right can't move due to cars coming up that hill no leaving the gap, they should have put a box grid in, also the pedestrian lights don't help, they aren't needed, same with the 2 sets about 30 yards apart on Vicky Park Road

Edited by Jimmy

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it. Took over an hour to get out to the M69 past Fosse Park. No obvious reason other than too many vehicles. 

Even huge stationary queues on the A6 past Oadby towards the racecourse before the match. 

It was Uni arrivals day yesterday and Freemans Common was unusually packed. All the parents were leaving at the same time as those who went to the match. Took us over an hour to get out of the car park which normally only takes us a few minutes. 

I dk why everyone on here was saying atmosphere was good yesterday I was in p1 but right near the away fans and for me atmosphere was shite once again with all sides of the stadium singing different chants at different times but we never have the whole stadium singing at once which is mainly because the kop is so lifeless that you can’t hear them from the other side of the ground 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

I dk why everyone on here was saying atmosphere was good yesterday I was in p1 but right near the away fans and for me atmosphere was shite once again with all sides of the stadium singing different chants at different times but we never have the whole stadium singing at once which is mainly because the kop is so lifeless that you can’t hear them from the other side of the ground 

Also behind the goal limbs are absolutely shocking especially considering we are top of the league and keep scoring last minute winners 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Munshi said:

The Kop behind the goal couldn’t even be bothered to stand up for the penalty. What hope have we got?

Quite a few dont even bother to stand when we score, its like they're at the theatre or something, its all a bit odd.

I think these threads will just go round and round in circles, unless fans are all together in one end it will always be poor,.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Munshi said:

The Kop behind the goal couldn’t even be bothered to stand up for the penalty. What hope have we got?

I'm in the Kop, behind the goal. I was standing, everyone near me was standing. I'm not sure what everyone more than a few seat away was doing as I was watching the penalty. 

I'm in the top corner of the West Stand and, I think, most were out of their seats when Wilf was brought down and stayed up until going back for the restart. I still celebrate goals like a teenager of the 70's, in spirit but not quite as much in body as I would end up in A&E. I'm constantly up and out of my seat. I also stand up with most around me and belt out WYS. I moved from the 'Kop' as I'm getting on but perhaps I should move back. 

• Like 2

I remember many years ago when we played cov at home the club were doing a deal for season ticket holders to upgrade to the fosse club for a match. We got a penalty and I jumped up and shouted for it, the ref gave it and while the players were arguing and we were waiting to take it a had a tap on my back and was asked to sit down lol 

Nothing was happening at that point and I had every intention of sitting down when we took the penalty being aware of people behind me sitting.

11 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

If you want to be more in sync with singers then maybe being at the opposite end of the ground to where people are consistently doing it isn't the best idea. Get over to SK1!

I was having a think about it the other day and I’m sure this has been asked or covered before, but would the atmosphere improve if the singing section was expanded? 

Do the people who sit in sk2/sk3 have the opinion that 1) I just ain’t going to be bothered to sing or 2) if I’m classed as something else then screw them kind of thing.. 

I was at the hull game and couldn’t believe that although I was in Sk1 and even just about 6 seats away from the perimeter, how out of touch I felt with the section itself.. where I was looking to stand everyone fell down as soon as it kicked off so I had to sit.. this conversation is going round in circles and one that is screaming out for rail seating so if you don’t want to stand then alternative seating can be found. It doesn’t have to be the whole kop, but sk1, g1 and g2 like at old Trafford or Celtic.. I believe the atmosphere would improve tenfold.. its a way of juggling the fans around and those who want to be quiet and sit can do so somewhere else.. just a thought 

11 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Also behind the goal limbs are absolutely shocking especially considering we are top of the league and keep scoring last minute winners 

What does this even mean? Just some crap term made up on social media for some loser fans to upload videos that make them look like their a right crazy old bunch jumping around and falling over each other. Mate you've got your phone out filming when there's a game on you should be watching. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

The section is already full of people who don't sing. 

But is that because that’s their season ticket space and they refuse to give it up? How many people who are members try to get tickets for the section but they are sold out before their points priority.. I have to book it literally the day they go on sale at 35+ to get in there. Leave it a couple of days if you ain’t got enough points and you’ve missed out.. 

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't know what I find more depressing - 'limbs' or people boasting/implying that they're superior fans because they DIDN'T stick around to give NP, AK and MJ the recognition they are so worthy of.

Interested as to why  MJ deserves recognition?