Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Totally agree with the ridiculous “limbs” obsession. For “limbs”, read “assaulting other fans by throwing yourself into them, knocking them over seats or knocking down the stairs”, when City score. This apparently makes you a better fan. I still have the bruises from Southampton after being shoved around. As for how other fans celebrate a goal, it’s a spontaneous act and I only see fans in front of me jumping about, as I’m too busy enjoying the moment to look around to see what others are doing. As for fans not reacting on the kop, all the goals I’ve watched TV, shows everyone celebrating. The cameras focus on the players and by the time they show the fans, they are either still standing, clapping and discussing the goal, or sitting back down doing the same.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I think it's maybe more to do with the clientele that are sitting behind the goal in the Kop. I've sat in a few different areas this year (A1/A2/G2/M1) and every time we've scored everyone's been up on their feet, celebrating and supporting the team like always.

Maybe some of the STH's in the SK2/3 have been coming so long they've almost become desensitised to it all. 

I'm behind the goal in the Kop and everyone is up when we score. Massive assumptions on here from the same people but not a surprise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Totally agree with the ridiculous “limbs” obsession. For “limbs”, read “assaulting other fans by throwing yourself into them, knocking them over seats or knocking down the stairs”, when City score. This apparently makes you a better fan. I still have the bruises from Southampton after being shoved around. As for how other fans celebrate a goal, it’s a spontaneous act and I only see fans in front of me jumping about, as I’m too busy enjoying the moment to look around to see what others are doing. As for fans not reacting on the kop, all the goals I’ve watched TV, shows everyone celebrating. The cameras focus on the players and by the time they show the fans, they are either still standing, clapping and discussing the goal, or sitting back down doing the same.

It's boiling down a concept into a single word so idiots can have a stake in discussion.

Great celebration when we scored wasn't it?

Limbs.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm behind the goal in the Kop and everyone is up when we score. Massive assumptions on here from the same people but not a surprise.

It's not assumptions, it's on the screen. Watch the highlights of Saturday. Front 10 rows look like they were forced to be there and stand up for the celebration

Last nights end might’ve been the shittest iv ever been in. About 10 of us gave it a go throughout but people couldn’t even be bothered to join in with ‘Leicester, Leicester, Leicester’ when we were 1 up at Anfield.

Genuinely up there with the quietest end Iv ever seen. We would’ve laughed at it if another team turned up like that at our place. Embarrassing.

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Last nights end might’ve been the shittest iv ever been in. About 10 of us gave it a go throughout but people couldn’t even be bothered to join in with ‘Leicester, Leicester, Leicester’ when we were 1 up at Anfield.

Genuinely up there with the quietest end Iv ever seen. We would’ve laughed at it if another team turned up like that at our place. Embarrassing.

I think it’s finished, I don’t know how it can be mended. It was the same last season when KDH put us 1-0 up Anfield, nobody could be bothered.

It’s an inherently weird supporter base we’ve got.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What are you on about? The assumptions have been that people can’t be arsed to stand up for a penalty 15 yards in front of them.

We’re top of the league and the entitlement from our fans has already set in. Coming expecting a win at every home game whilst sitting in complete silence apart from the few times they need to shout ‘FORWARD’ or moan about the ref.

Such a lifeless boring fanbase.

• Like 3

People just can’t be bothered to join in. Its more than embarrassing now. There is a huge population of older supporters that just moan all match, and make zero effort to actually support the team by joining in with the chants. People actually think they’re supporting the club by buying a ticket. Give your ticket to a younger fan who wants to support the team! 

Have to say it was pretty poor last night - decent celebrations for the goal but that's the bare minimum when you go ahead at Anfield.  It felt like two disparate sections within one and it just never got going.

I've never considered us to be up there with the best in terms of away atmosphere but back in 13/14 for example I thought we were consistently good away from home and it's a shame to see where it's got to now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i totally agree with this but is there younger fans wanting tickets? the top flights demographic has changed so much over the past 20 years especially at LCFC. 

Only going back 20 years or so you could get a group of mates, all get the train over, few pints and pick up tickets for £12-15 quid and watch a game. For some positivise reasons and some negative you just cant do this now. 

The younger fans that want to go are probably priced out of it. 

The top flight (i know we aren't in it but still have a top flight fan base as hardly any new fans got season tickets this year) want it to be like it is now. They don't want fans singing, creating atmosphere etc. it is set up for the TV fans in the UK and around the world, you know that is a fact as soon as anything that may cause some one offence is chanting they either apologise or turn the microphones off by the crowds. It is a corporate machine that is about money generation, the clubs want families as they spend the money in the shop and the FA want the best viewing possible to keep creaming in the cash.

The club unfortunately just play lip service to us all. Look at all the promo stuff they do on socials, all young families waving their flags having a cuddle with Filbert, basically they are just trying to gain that trust of the mums and dads that think football is just about hooligans, swearing and fighting. Its basically come down get a ticket, you'll love it and whilst your there spend £100 in the shop. 

And you know the worst thing about it. There is absolutely nothing none of us can do about it. The pocket of fans will get smaller, the corporate areas will get bigger and the merchandise will get more expensive. 

Yeah pretty much this.

Point about younger fans though, plenty of young lads around me were stood in silence all game like it was normal.

Plenty of moaning older ones on the edge of a mental breakdown every time we passed the ball out of the box too.

Was a really strange atmosphere, felt proper like a friendly.

59 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think it’s finished, I don’t know how it can be mended. It was the same last season when KDH put us 1-0 up Anfield, nobody could be bothered.

It does seem that way. Not sure if we just have an introverted fan base or an overly privileged one. The joy of being 1 up at Anfield is wonderful even if you can feel the inevitable will occur 

1 hour ago, Munshi said:

What are you on about? The assumptions have been that people can’t be arsed to stand up for a penalty 15 yards in front of them.

We’re top of the league and the entitlement from our fans has already set in. Coming expecting a win at every home game whilst sitting in complete silence apart from the few times they need to shout ‘FORWARD’ or moan about the ref.

Such a lifeless boring fanbase.

Why does it matter if people are standing for a penalty or not? I like to personally stand when I can, penalties as the example, but some people don't. Choices. What does standing for a penalty add to? Does it just mean we're less "boring"? 

I wouldn't call it entitlement either. I've been in the Kop, same position, since League One and nothing has changed. Some people sing and some don't. 

There is not a fanbase in the Country that is consistently loud. A handful of Kop's stand all game (Villa as an example). I've been to enough games, home and away, and seen some of the "best fanbases in the Country" totally quiet for large periods of games.

• Like 3

When I was a kid my Dad told me this would happen. He said that football will become a game for the wealthy where everyone sits down quietly. He was right. It was around the time when the club installed that corporate middle section in the Pop Side and ran Adverts showing waiters complete with folded towels over their arms delivering drinks to the posh. 

It's really not just us though. Have a trawl around other clubs forums and you'll read the same conversations. I think that we are possibly further down this route due to what is seen as completing football. The chip on our shoulders is gone, the fire whilst not completely out is only just smouldering. 

The world is changing and can't be turned back. We're stuck with it until football becomes uncool again and the broadcasters take away their filthy money. The only way the club will listen to fans is when attendances drop and they need us to stick with them. At that point, those that have lost the passion will start to drift away and we might get some sort of reset. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why does it matter if people are standing for a penalty or not? I like to personally stand when I can, penalties as the example, but some people don't. Choices. What does standing for a penalty add to? Does it just mean we're less "boring"? 

I wouldn't call it entitlement either. I've been in the Kop, same position, since League One and nothing has changed. Some people sing and some don't. 

There is not a fanbase in the Country that is consistently loud. A handful of Kop's stand all game (Villa as an example). I've been to enough games, home and away, and seen some of the "best fanbases in the Country" totally quiet for large periods of games.

I'd say about 15 of the current PL clubs have at least one end behind the goal that stands all game, that doesn't necessarily correlate to noise but you'd think we'd be able to muster up a better 'end' considering all our recent success.

Edited by Nugent
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

No it's not finished. We have an active and engaged fan group that have set up a section specifically designed to create an atmosphere. It requires time, patience, investment and consistent plugging away. And to wash out all of the 'clubs a shambles mate shambles omg shambles clubs gone mate shambles' types that will inevitably drag everything down. 

8 minutes ago, Nugent said:

I'd say about 15 of the current PL clubs have at least one end behind the goal that stands all game, that doesn't necessarily correlate to noise but you'd think we'd be able to muster up a better 'end' considering all our recent success.

I do think we should have rail seating/standing all the way behind the goal but the club just don't seem bothered about it. I would happily stand every home game then, just like at away games. People then have the choice to stand or sit as well.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1