Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with this but I find it quite baffling as well - I don't get how a bad atmosphere is a selling point at all. They should surely be pushing for the exact opposite. I find some games almost unwatchable when the atmosphere is absolutely dead - which you can't accuse every PL game of being, but a lot of them are.

It's just such an odd stance in this country.

Not true at all, atmosphere is a huge consideration when selling premier league football rights, shown by the rebate given during behind closed doors matches in covid.

Broadcasters have suggested an 18-24 ticket bracket, but there are concerns over this age group being on smartphones throughout matches and acting like 'customers' - i.e. making a racket for 20 minutes, then if they're not entertained, sitting down and being bored/leaving early.

The design of modern 'bowl' stadiums means noise flows outwards rather than stays in, which is why TV love Spurs' ground as it is specifically designed like a concert hall to keep all noise in.

I have a counterpart who is a sports lawyer who deals with broadcast rights, they absolutely want a good atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, C-man said:

This is probably the general assumption the club makes about kids at matches but from what I can see they don’t want the shit sanitised experience either. 

My 10 year old has been to two away games this season (Burton and Liverpool) and he’s come away from both annoyed that there was no singing section. That tells you everything you need to know about the state of our ends…

Yep. My 8 year old comes to the aways when I can get him a ticket and he was disappointed at how quiet it was in the second half on Weds. He preferred the atmosphere in P1 for the Bristol game which is a bit of a damning indictment! Hopefully better Sunday 

• Like 1