Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fans of football league clubs love the old "Championship fans are so much better than Premier League fans" line but it's a load of shit. Home support is basically non existent at most places and away fans sing the exact same songs as each other in patches. It's dreadful and incredibly boring.

This is so true. All of the most vocal fanbases are in the Premier League, apart from Leeds with an honourable mention to Sheffield Wednesday (away only)

40 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Which block were you in and front or back? Just intrigued because I thought it was very good compared to the others this season and last few seasons.

Furthest to the left looking from the stand and about middle. Felt like the right side were more noisy in fairness but was fair few periods in the first half that were just  silent.  Shame considering numbers were very decent 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Which block were you in and front or back? Just intrigued because I thought it was very good compared to the others this season and last few seasons.

Jesus, really?? Thats not what I wanted to hear I thought it was shite today maybe last 15 min picked up a bit , this was my first away game in a while tbf 

Edited by Joe90lcfc

6 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I was near the front maybe that’s why it didn’t seem great, but if this is considered one of the better away atmosphere games I’m bedazzled 

From what I gather today was the best so far this season away from home. The bar is very low at the moment.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

From what I gather today was the best so far this season away from home. The bar is very low at the moment.

Huddersfield was better than today. Was very average today but for us that’s probably a good thing lol.

20 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Think some are being harsh it wasn’t a bad end at all. Yeah it wasn’t non stop for 90 minutes but thought it was decent enough. Especially second half. 

It was decent, but no fanbase is non stop 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, BRFC1875 said:

Thought you might like a perspective from the other side re fans/support today. 

As far as we're concerned the KO time made very little difference, the home support at the Rovers has been worse than terrible for years, right up there with the worst in the league. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances regarding the numbers we get and the actual vocal support but most of them are just excuses from fans that are unwilling to accept that our support at Ewood is nothing short of shameful.

For anyone that went today, I was stood with the small section to your left, a section that's never had big numbers but has been hit hard with loads of fans banned for the most trivial of transgressions.

I would class your support today as v good in numbers for a noon KO on SKY and good overall for noise when you did get going but as some have touched on above, when you don't feel in competition with the home support, it can be difficult to get yourself going, even when you're winning comfortably.

I know you've got issues with your support at the KP, but in all honesty, I do a lot of away games and I can't really say anywhere is outstanding. The modern day fanbases are just a lot less passionate and noisy as they were once were.

Sad, because footy's shit without an atmosphere, may as well watch it on the telly.

GL

That is fair enough response.

I always feel for clubs like yourself and your neighbours, being so close to Manchester I imagine it’s so much easier for people to “support” either of those clubs. Fair play to people like you that do follow a club that hasn’t had much success in recent years.

As I said, it was a weird atmosphere and felt like a friendly from your fans. Quiet, although I do appreciate the kick off time is poor. I was close to where you were, could see a group of you singing all game. But, as someone that does a lot of aways too, there isn’t a home atmosphere that really impresses me nowadays. Our numbers are usually decent and we’d have brought more of our ticket office wasn’t so weird with not having general sale now.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I don’t really mind you lot so hope you push on. Some of the football you play is nice, just need a bit more quality but that’s easy for me to say with the squad and resources we have at this level.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BRFC1875 said:

Thought you might like a perspective from the other side re fans/support today. 

As far as we're concerned the KO time made very little difference, the home support at the Rovers has been worse than terrible for years, right up there with the worst in the league. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances regarding the numbers we get and the actual vocal support but most of them are just excuses from fans that are unwilling to accept that our support at Ewood is nothing short of shameful.

For anyone that went today, I was stood with the small section to your left, a section that's never had big numbers but has been hit hard with loads of fans banned for the most trivial of transgressions.

I would class your support today as v good in numbers for a noon KO on SKY and good overall for noise when you did get going but as some have touched on above, when you don't feel in competition with the home support, it can be difficult to get yourself going, even when you're winning comfortably.

I know you've got issues with your support at the KP, but in all honesty, I do a lot of away games and I can't really say anywhere is outstanding. The modern day fanbases are just a lot less passionate and noisy than they were once were.

Sad, because footy's shit without an atmosphere, may as well watch it on the telly.

GL

Yea some good points here👍, on to the football I hope you guys make the playoffs I like how you play attacking football, definitely the most attacking team we have played yet fair play 👍👍

Blackpool and Coventry (I know you won't like that) are two of the better ones, Boro can be good as well. But for someone of my age that went to Leeds in the old terrace days when 20000 there would make some frightening noise, the new "good" is a different beast.

We all know the general reasons. All seater all ticket games, loads more women and kids going on, less big groups of lads/fella's going, stupid KO times from the fan's friends at SKY etc etc.

It's succeeded in getting rid of a lot of the trouble which is no doubt a good thing but the damage it's done to the general atmosphere at grounds has been terrible.

Edited by BRFC1875
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Yea some good points here👍, on to the football I hope you guys make the playoffs I like how you play attacking football, definitely the most attacking team we have played yet fair play 👍👍

Virtually every team we've played this season has given our football glowing praise but we keep getting spanked. I've every faith JDT will find the right balance between attack and defence soon and I don't see us as being relegation candidates but the top 6 is very unlikely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

When did we last have constantly good away ends ?

The title season ? 

No. Pound for pound, the Man United away end the day before we sealed it was the worst end I've ever been in. Arsenal likewise was dreadful for such an important game.

It did become the golden era of the Ticket Office Backhander the closer we got to actually winning the thing though.