Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

53 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Anyone see a couple of lads getting turfed out towards the end? I'm not sure what for. 

It looked like it was for either

- running down to the front for the penalty

- approaching the home fans, from within our stand

The stewards were very eager after about 70 minutes

LCFC stewards were being bacons again at the end (shock).

Our fans are very self critical on here about atmosphere and rightly so sometimes but my god some of the home support in the championship is dire. The Blackburn support felt like a pre season friendly that none of them were arsed about. I don’t think it’ll ever get that bad at Leicester.

Loudest chant sang by every team this year has been about Vardys wife which turns out even more embarrassing when he scores against them.

• Haha 2

I was towards the left behind the goal at the back and thought the atmosphere was really good all game, certainly better than Southampton the other week. Only gripe I had was 2 absolute bores next to me droning on moaning about wanting it hit long to stop them pressing, had to go stand elsewhere.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I was near the front maybe that’s why it didn’t seem great, but if this is considered one of the better away atmosphere games I’m bedazzled 

It was one of the worst I’ve ever been in. I had people around me not even clapping when we scored and moving to the side to sit down. When you compare us to Everton Leeds villa forest even, we seem to just lack passion in some areas. Even our goal celebrations are shit 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

There are still a few in Britain.

Not in England. We've made some of the best fanbses in the Country quiet when we've been battering them (whether it be Leeds, Villa or Man Utd). This whole idea a fanbase sings for 90mins full stop is warped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It was one of the worst I’ve ever been in. I had people around me not even clapping when we scored and moving to the side to sit down. When you compare us to Everton Leeds villa forest even, we seem to just lack passion in some areas. Even our goal celebrations are shit 

I see a lot of people where I’m not sure why they’ve bothered. They don’t really seem to be in to the whole experience. The problem is that the majority of these people are knocking on a bit but that not to say it’s all people that are knocking on a bit - pot and kettle for me 

First half was shite. Second half was considerably better than the first half but still shite and that's how low our standards are. People won't like to hear it but we have an extraordinary amount of couples who come to our away games for some reason? One woman was sat down the full 90 mins on her phone. You try and start a chant and no one can be bothered around you. It's an absolute embarrassment. And there are plenty of young "lads" in the end yesterday who are just as big a problem as the rest.

• Like 1

@Union FS genuinely is there anything you can do or bring up to the club to try and get our away ends any better? Priority points revamp, anything? Home games already feel like a chore sometimes when you know 95% of the crowd are going to pretend they're in a morgue. Away games should be a lot better than they are

7 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I see a lot of people where I’m not sure why they’ve bothered. They don’t really seem to be in to the whole experience. The problem is that the majority of these people are knocking on a bit but that not to say it’s all people that are knocking on a bit - pot and kettle for me 

We do seem to have people going that are just doing it out of routine. Numbers we are fine most places we go but rowdiness it’s severely lacking. I just don’t get why we seem to struggle with it more than other clubs our size 

9 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

First half was shite. Second half was considerably better than the first half but still shite and that's how low our standards are. People won't like to hear it but we have an extraordinary amount of couples who come to our away games for some reason? One woman was sat down the full 90 mins on her phone. You try and start a chant and no one can be bothered around you. It's an absolute embarrassment. And there are plenty of young "lads" in the end yesterday who are just as big a problem as the rest.

100% this is the issue. People are going just out of routine. Surely if you travel all that way you want to give it some. Most just want to watch it and do nothing. People around me didn’t even move when we scored … like what the ****? 

31 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

@Union FS genuinely is there anything you can do or bring up to the club to try and get our away ends any better? Priority points revamp, anything? Home games already feel like a chore sometimes when you know 95% of the crowd are going to pretend they're in a morgue. Away games should be a lot better than they are

Suggested a points revamp on a number of occasions and it's just "we'll look at it", "it's under review" etc.

First half was a bit shit, trying on my own to get things going for a while but it seemed like everyone was still half asleep.

Was good in the second half though, KDH and Mavididi loved that we sang their chants.

Anyone see the guy who unzipped his sons jacket in the home end after the game to show all the away fans he’s got a Burnley shirt on? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was stood as centre to the goal as you could get next to the barrier and I thought at times the atmosphere was a bit lacking at times. From the right it sounded ok but then as it moved towards the middle it fizzled out. 

At one point we love you was started, then as it got to us and the woah bits, it ended :dunno:  

Someone has pointed out that it was quite loud  when their keeper went down, stephy and jv are showmen and love the attention and it was great to hear as a whole the mavididi chant which also carried on twice.. player chants can be sung anytime through the game.. straight back up gets a bit :ermm: after the 50th time.. 

I did have an older woman in ear shot who kept shouting are you playing football or just walking around.. got irritating after a while. 

Still think some more chants need adding, wout for example scores or touches the ball and you hear woooooooo.. sounds like we’re booing him.. 

Norwich was worse than that yesterday but tweaks can make it better.. 

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Over the left side of the stand we were singing "there's only 12 of you singing" to their fans. I counted and it was actually 11! Never seen such  quiet home fans in all my life!

Why didn’t you sing “there’s only 11 of you singing”? 🤔

Hate bringing up the " good old days " but the whole seating and standing areas seemed to really work . As it naturally separated people into the areas more likely to create an atmosphere and those that don't. 

Bit like when you move ground and mix a quieter area with a noiser area and call it the KOP .:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

100% this is the issue. People are going just out of routine. Surely if you travel all that way you want to give it some. Most just want to watch it and do nothing. People around me didn’t even move when we scored … like what the ****? 

I was thinking about this yesterday. If you asked every person in that away end why they went to that match, I doubt you would get many good answers. As you say, people seem to be in a routine. For a lot, there is no difference to sitting at home and watching it on the TV (other than there is less time spent out of the house and it saves money).

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. If you asked every person in that away end why they went to that match, I doubt you would get many good answers. As you say, people seem to be in a routine. For a lot, there is no difference to sitting at home and watching it on the TV (other than there is less time spent out of the house and it saves money).

I do think it’s a lack of passion too sadly. You see other away ends where they are absolutely desperate for a goal whereas ours it’s just if we win we win if we lose we lose. Can’t stand it personally. Backed up by how poor how fans look when we score

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I do think it’s a lack of passion too sadly. You see other away ends where they are absolutely desperate for a goal whereas ours it’s just if we win we win if we lose we lose. Can’t stand it personally. Backed up by how poor how fans look when we score

Yep, there’s no urgency or passion in the stands anymore and it’s actually sad.

• Like 1