Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s just odd though, not sure why we are different to other clubs. Not like we are a small club … 

Probably something to do with the fact that we’ve won the Premier League and the FA Cup and had a good run in Europe. People have become entitled and are going now out of habit it seems.

We could score a 98th minute Hermanson overhead kick winner away to Coventry and there would be people who celebrate it by politely clapping. It’s just what we’ve become now i’m afraid.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. If you asked every person in that away end why they went to that match, I doubt you would get many good answers. As you say, people seem to be in a routine. For a lot, there is no difference to sitting at home and watching it on the TV (other than there is less time spent out of the house and it saves money).

Was my conclusion after Gillingham away. A decent journey for a noon kick off and a good number looked like zombies. Just shuffling in a routine. In some cases with very little interest other than keeping their partner happy or enjoy the time spent with friends on the journey 

I really did expect that it would change after relegation and the whole reset thing. It used to be said that City fans were at their best during adversity. Fair enough, it was difficult to get behind last seasons relegation rats but we now have a proper target to aim for rather than just avoiding Premier League obscurity. Delusions of grandeur? 

4 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Probably something to do with the fact that we’ve won the Premier League and the FA Cup and had a good run in Europe. People have become entitled and are going now out of habit it seems.

We could score a 98th minute Hermanson overhead kick winner away to Coventry and there would be people who celebrate it by politely clapping. It’s just what we’ve become now i’m afraid.

Most would've been sitting in the traffic jam outside by the 98th minute and wouldn't care if they had missed it. 

47 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm usually a fairly big critic of our away support but I thought it was decent yesterday in terms of numbers and noise, taking the awful kick off time into consideration.

Numbers is never the issue. We're actually one of the better ones in England for that. Just don't understand why that doesn't translate to noise

• Like 3

I was mid way up on the left and that first 50 odd minutes was the worst atmosphere I've experienced following us. I don't say that lightly but it was really noticeable.

You could hear some stuff over to the right further back but a lot of it didn't seem to gain legs. After their keeper went down it weirdly picked up and was markedly better until the end of the game.

I don't think having fans spread out that widely at the front of a stand is helpful for noise, but it was deathly silent at times yesterday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I was mid way up on the left and that first 50 odd minutes was the worst atmosphere I've experienced following us. I don't say that lightly but it was really noticeable.

You could hear some stuff over to the right further back but a lot of it didn't seem to gain legs. After their keeper went down it weirdly picked up and was markedly better until the end of the game.

I don't think having fans spread out that widely at the front of a stand is helpful for noise, but it was deathly silent at times yesterday.

Must have just been where you were sat. Like you say, it was much better further back to the right- not non-stop singing for 90 minutes by any means, but it seemed like a much higher % of people looking to get involved than usual.

10 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

You’ve done well if that’s the worst you’ve experienced. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Was a really weird atmosphere today, I have never known a home end to be so quiet. It felt like a friendly. I don't think I've ever heard less home noise from any fanbase.

Thought we were decent. I liked going through the players names when their keeper was down.

Was gonna come in to say this - think it's the worst home support I've ever seen. It was no louder than a friendly and that's no exaggeration.

We were our usual - good in parts, bad in others. Maresca again appealing for noise at home in his interview.

6 hours ago, Munshi said:

First half was a bit shit, trying on my own to get things going for a while but it seemed like everyone was still half asleep.

Was good in the second half though, KDH and Mavididi loved that we sang their chants.

Anyone see the guy who unzipped his sons jacket in the home end after the game to show all the away fans he’s got a Burnley shirt on? lol

It was a Leicester maroon shirt. The one we wore for the cup final.

21 hours ago, MattFox said:

When did we last have constantly good away ends ?

The title season ? 

11 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

No. Pound for pound, the Man United away end the day before we sealed it was the worst end I've ever been in. Arsenal likewise was dreadful for such an important game.

It did become the golden era of the Ticket Office Backhander the closer we got to actually winning the thing though.

2013/14 for me. It was better in that year than 2015/16. I think our 2015/16 away support is pretty overrated bar the likes of Palace and Sunderland where you had those half hour / hour periods after where loads just stayed and sang through.

We pull the occasional good end now but there's no real indication of when it will be.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s because the same people get to go to every away game because of the points system. There is no new blood just the same old faces. It’s not their fault but they’re just a bit too used to it.

I can understand a lot of the time but yesterday tickets went to members and a block was unused. How do you know a change in the points system would change anything if they couldn’t make an effort to travel yesterday. Just a thought. If new blood really wanted to get a ticket then they would find means and ways.. 

I ain’t sure if I’m correct in saying that however 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

2013/14 for me. It was better in that year than 2015/16. I think our 2015/16 away support is pretty overrated bar the likes of Palace and Sunderland where you had those half hour / hour periods after where loads just stayed and sang through.

We pull the occasional good end now but there's no real indication of when it will be.

It’s weird, we’re capable of pulling a proper end out to the bag like Everton and Villa last season but 90% of the time it’s dire

It would be less fustrating if we were constantly bad

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

It’s weird, we’re capable of pulling a proper end out to the bag like Everton and Villa last season but 90% of the time it’s dire

It would be less fustrating if we were constantly bad

Everton last season was really good thinking back on it. Proper end full of people who looked like they actually enjoyed being there…

Heard Villa was the same too.

So been in Buenos Aires the last month and hit 3 Boca juniors games. Including  Copa semi and the Classico against River. But gees , if only we could replicate 10% of that passion into the KP the place would be bouncing. But it’s not just in the stadium, it’s the build up before, in the streets, people are still boozing, but it’s the singing and band  just getting ready for the game. 

In the stadium, the singing doesn’t stop its constant, even at half time. Leeds are the only one I’ve seen that can sing one song for ages and fair play. For me it’s one word,  passion and we’ve lost it. 

Edited by Foxes99

4 hours ago, Foxes99 said:

So been in Buenos Aires the last month and hit 3 Boca juniors games. Including  Copa semi and the Classico against River. But gees , if only we could replicate 10% of that passion into the KP the place would be bouncing. But it’s not just in the stadium, it’s the build up before, in the streets, people are still boozing, but it’s the singing and band  just getting ready for the game. 

In the stadium, the singing doesn’t stop its constant, even at half time. Leeds are the only one I’ve seen that can sing one song for ages and fair play. For me it’s one word,  passion and we’ve lost it. 

lollol come on. We never have been and never will be anything like South Americans. They have pride, passion and respect for themselves, we have keep calm and carry on. 
Jealous though, would love to go to the chocolate box 

• Like 2

I reckon it’s the constant groaning. 

Anytime the ball is recycled people just have this groan and start shouting to get it forward. 

I sat in J2 last time out and I was surrounded by people wanting the ball sent to Adbul without realising the Bristol City full back was just as quick and we had left bags of space at right back. People need to just get on board. 

The other thing that was really weird and mildly annoying was the singing section singing one thing and the lads near to the away end singing something completely different ! It’s surreal ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MS0204 said:

I can understand a lot of the time but yesterday tickets went to members and a block was unused. How do you know a change in the points system would change anything if they couldn’t make an effort to travel yesterday. Just a thought. If new blood really wanted to get a ticket then they would find means and ways.. 

I ain’t sure if I’m correct in saying that however 

Only missed Liverpool and Norwich as I was away on holiday, been every game other than them, and I'm only a member with shocking points. Where there's a will there's a way to get tickets