Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I reckon it’s the constant groaning. 

Anytime the ball is recycled people just have this groan and start shouting to get it forward. 

I sat in J2 last time out and I was surrounded by people wanting the ball sent to Adbul without realising the Bristol City full back was just as quick and we had left bags of space at right back. People need to just get on board. 

The other thing that was really weird and mildly annoying was the singing section singing one thing and the lads near to the away end singing something completely different ! It’s surreal ! 

If any fvcker in between decided to open their mouth this wouldn’t be an issue.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eskay said:

The other thing that was really weird and mildly annoying was the singing section singing one thing and the lads near to the away end singing something completely different ! It’s surreal ! 

And quite often if you're in the family end, they are singing something different to L1 and SK1 

3 hours ago, guest123 said:

And quite often if you're in the family end, they are singing something different to L1 and SK1 

There in lies the problem, imagine  if everyone that liked to sing gathered in one place 🙄

It could have its own special name and I'd imagine would be really loud .😅 Heaven forbid even better with unreserved seating .!

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

There in lies the problem, imagine  if everyone that liked to sing gathered in one place 🙄

It could have its own special name and I'd imagine would be really loud .😅 Heaven forbid even better with unreserved seating .!

Agreed, problem is UFS (SK1) and L1 have their own ways of supporting which both don’t think would work together so don’t see a realistic chance of that happening 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Its funny how a large proportion of the fans stated it's what happens on the pitch that dictates how good the atmosphere is, well that myth has been busted.

I do agree with that, however, to argue that point,  whilst winning is great, we aren't playing football that largely gets you off your seat.

Watching Vestergaard stand still with the ball at his feet, to pass to Faes, to pass to Vestergaard isn't going to get people off their seats and generate an atmosphere - rightly or wrongly.

People are much likely to perk up when there's some good attacking wing play etc.

I'm not saying that I agree with that. But personally I think it's the case.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

Agreed, problem is UFS (SK1) and L1 have their own ways of supporting which both don’t think would work together so don’t see a realistic chance of that happening 

Agreed, the ideal scenario is UFS get a section behind the goal and the people that like to do a little goading etc in sections nearer to the away fans . 

Again almost exactly what happened at Filbert Street when away fans had Pen 1 and we had 2,3 and 4 .

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trekerz said:

In a nut shell that’s exactly what it is.. I ain’t saying L1 don’t sing because it’s heard, but I would rather be around the majority who don’t spend most of their time focussed on the away fans giving it the fingers and willy puller signs every few mins.. that’s why putting the atmosphere next to the away corner will be a disaster 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Enzo again asking for more vocal support in the presser today. 

I'm genuinely at a loss as to what it would take for some of our fans to open their gobs. 

They won't.  I think we all know that a very high majority arent intersted in supporting the team vocally.  Thats the same at pretty much every english club.  The difference between us and quite a lot of other clubs is we have no 'end' where like minded fans can gather in large numbers.  The manager wont know this, he'll just see it as fans being quiet.  Nothing can change unless the club change the current seating plan which would mean turfing out ST holder which the club wont do, but at clubs where this has happened the atmosphere has improved.

So i'm at a loss to what fans who want the atmosphere to improve hope to achieve by keep posting about things being so quiet.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Is this really a blunt ask? Feels like something he normally says, and any manager would?

Screenshot_20231003_160439_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231003_154614_X.jpg

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Enzo again asking for more vocal support in the presser today. 

I'm genuinely at a loss as to what it would take for some of our fans to open their gobs. 

I don't think my wife would appreciate it :P  (My dad my be an old folkie, but I can't carry a tune even if it were in a sealed box :P )

Some interesting comments above, and around and around we go. I'll never coat any of our fans for trying to support us, but has anyone ever thought that maybe, despite what some seem to like and enjoy, maybe ain't the way the majority want to support our team? 

Said before I've sat all round the ground with differing experiences, and weirdly I've found the family stand much more lively, loud and entertaining. Why? we could go round in circles all day long but to me the "support", and the way they "support" is much more "normal" and spontaneous than how I look at what goes on in the SK1 singing section. As I said above I have no problem with anyone trying to improve things but it ain't for everyone, and without being rude to everyone, there is a lot of people on here that think it's the ultra sk1 section or nothing. I've seen multiple posts on here saying the only solution is to go to SK1 and join in, but maybe the majority don't want that or they would have done that already. 

End of the day there are loads of people that have done this for many many years, we/they/us/whatever aren't ultras and don't want to copy a style of supporting a team that isn;t natural to us and is just copying european fans. I, for one, wouldn't ever be contemplating bouncing whilst swinging a scarf or top around my head in unison, but at the same time never coat those for doing so. Also those that get coated for goading the away fans I'd never slate either. Just different groups doing different things. 

Solution? Is there 1? do we go for another 100 pages saying the same thing? I thought Blackburn was an interesting one, and maybe something we could learn from as a whole. Do we bin some style off or as I'd like, maybe a bit from each. 2nd half there were 3 Asian lads down the left who pretty much started off all the songs and got it going. How?, all helping each other out for starters so more joined in, but also by keeping it simple.

Maybe a little bit from everything is the answer. UnionFS for example have stated, I believe, they don't particularly want to be stood next to the away fans in L1. Anyone thought about going in K1 and then working with the lads that create the atmosphere in L1 can get things going from there?  Both can get singing together, both then doing what they wish, either the more ultra way or goading the away fans etc but working and singing in unison, rather than against each other. Just my thoughts off that cuff reading some things above, but when we moved to the KP and decided to have a "kop" away from the away fans, it was bound to go wrong atmosphere and people really do have to realise just because it's still called that, it'll never recreate what we had at Filbert Street. 

• Like 1

K1 and L1 will be premium seating/hospitality if and when the new stand gets built

Not sure how many people actually realise this

Any chance of enhancing the singing section their or expanding it is not going to happen and won’t be entertained by the club

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

K1 and L1 will be premium seating/hospitality if and when the new stand gets built

Not sure how many people actually realise this

Any chance of enhancing the singing section their or expanding it is not going to happen and won’t be entertained by the club

that ain't going to be anytime soon, and why do we need to have the club say where some singing section can be? granted, it ain't the simplest thing to move people but ain't also impossible. but just my thoughts, can carry on moaning for another 100 pages if it makes people feel better 

I’d say 80% of fans outside of the two singing areas in the ground don’t know the words to most of the songs, that’s half the problem. Maybe if the most popular new songs had a a lyric sheet on here it’d help those of us who can’t make out the songs words so can only join in with the basic ‘ei ei ei o etc’ ones.