Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’d say 80% of fans outside of the two singing areas in the ground don’t know the words to most of the songs, that’s half the problem. Maybe if the most popular new songs had a a lyric sheet on here it’d help those of us who can’t make out the songs words so can only join in with the basic ‘ei ei ei o etc’ ones.

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/songbook.html

Needs updating slightly

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’d say 80% of fans outside of the two singing areas in the ground don’t know the words to most of the songs, that’s half the problem. Maybe if the most popular new songs had a a lyric sheet on here it’d help those of us who can’t make out the songs words so can only join in with the basic ‘ei ei ei o etc’ ones.

or maybe try keeping them a little simpler? again, not a dig, just an idea

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’ve suggested something similar on here months ago and the response was why should I have to read the words off a sheet, we ain’t in a church.. 

May I make another suggestion and one that answers your question funkyrobot.. how about we use the new songs chants topic as new suggestions and the one that was created the other day as current chants for people who don’t know the words that they can ask and someone can answer.. I guarantee a fair few read FT

• Like 1

Really, we need more passionate fans to either join the singing section and expand it, or (as wank as it sounds) get them in another area around the kop, so it's known to be the 'loud end' of the stadium, not just the loud corner.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans around the stadium that enjoy giving vocal support, but are in areas where they can't realistically contribute much.

6 minutes ago, guest123 said:

how would I have read a whole 149 page thread? The Harry Winks song on Sunday was a prime example though

Apologies I didn’t realise you were a relatively new user.. the Harry winks chant although I ain’t familiar with the original song has been used throughout various clubs. It sounds difficult but it really isn’t but that’s what the struggle is. People don’t know the words so just complain, but in the chants section there are the words, the song where it came from and there are videos online of Leicester fans singing it on the coach/train.. 

These new chants just need a bit of practice and positivity, sadly many don’t want anything new and that’s part of the problem. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Apologies I didn’t realise you were a relatively new user.. the Harry winks chant although I ain’t familiar with the original song has been used throughout various clubs. It sounds difficult but it really isn’t but that’s what the struggle is. People don’t know the words so just complain, but in the chants section there are the words, the song where it came from and there are videos online of Leicester fans singing it on the coach/train.. 

These new chants just need a bit of practice and positivity, sadly many don’t want anything new and that’s part of the problem. 

honestly mate, I've been going for years, I'm in my mid 40's, I know lots of different groups of fans and I can say I don't know one that uses this forum, never mind will go online to look for words to football songs. just different generations I suppose, but it's where we are 

16 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Really, we need more passionate fans to either join the singing section and expand it, or (as wank as it sounds) get them in another area around the kop, so it's known to be the 'loud end' of the stadium, not just the loud corner.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans around the stadium that enjoy giving vocal support, but are in areas where they can't realistically contribute much.

the 'kop' was supposed to be the loud end when we moved to the KP,  that's where I sat when we moved, and it was alright, but nothing great, and over the years got worse. was never sure why they put the family stand where they did next to the away fans. maybe it was a plan to get the place more sterile and family friendly and not rocking like some would like. who knows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

was never sure why they put the family stand where they did next to the away fans. maybe it was a plan to get the place more sterile and family friendly and not rocking like some would like. who knows

Closer to the fanstore… though hopefully with the redevelopment and that moving to a separate building they’d consider swapping the kop and family stand. They definitely won’t put the away fans down the other end of the east stand given it’s more hemmed in

3 minutes ago, Harboro said:

Closer to the fanstore… though hopefully with the redevelopment and that moving to a separate building they’d consider swapping the kop and family stand. They definitely won’t put the away fans down the other end of the east stand given it’s more hemmed in

the away fans are probably in the correct area for a number of reasons to do with policing etc, so agree doubt they'd ever get moved

Edited by guest123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, guest123 said:

or maybe try keeping them a little simpler? again, not a dig, just an idea

If you want simpler songs then you're going to end up with more Euro-style ones. Those type of chants almost always originate from abroad and lend themselves to the kind of bouncing and scarf twirling you're not keen on.

If you want more English-style chants then the burden's on people to actually make the effort to learn the words. If anyone's truly arsed about adding to the atmosphere then that's what they'll do - same as we all have done for generations. If all they do is moan on the internet about how they don't know the words, or a song's too complicated for them personally, then they're not actually as bothered as they say they are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I’m not prepared to join in with songs I don’t know the words for and I’m not prepared to find out the words myself, I also don’t like songs with swear words or anything offensive in, I also don’t like euro style chants or anything that sounds to bouncy, don’t like songs with twirly scarves involved, not prepared to sing at an early kick off, not getting involved with singing if we are messing about with the ball in our own half.

If all the above conditions are met then I might smack my clapper along with you, but not if someone is stood up in front of me. For gods sake sit down.

Until the above conditions are met it’s all them bloody Union ultras fault.

Ive owned my seat longer than most of them have been alive.

image.thumb.jpeg.25a5422aad37e52270b79fa1af9e9487.jpeg

Tonight I will be launching the 'West Stand Whispers' section. Strictly no singing, hands firmly in pockets or enjoying a sub standard cup of tea and no bloody young people.

Happy to add people to grow the section but I must ask you don't talk to me or anyone else for that matter and keep clapping to an absolute minimal. 

If Union FS and L block could bloody keep it down as well that would be smashing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Tonight I will be launching the 'West Stand Whispers' section. Strictly no singing, hands firmly in pockets or enjoying a sub standard cup of tea and no bloody young people.

Happy to add people to grow the section but I must ask you don't talk to me or anyone else for that matter and keep clapping to an absolute minimal. 

If Union FS and L block could bloody keep it down as well that would be smashing.

Will I be allowed to where my Leicester shirt or is that not allowed? Do I have to wear a plain t shirt?